Page 4 of 4 [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

oblocutor
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

20 Dec 2013, 8:14 pm

At 29, I'm going through a rather rocky section of life and I'm often tempted lately to imagine that there are more "problems" than solutions.

Thoughts like that brought me here for the first time today, and now I'm making my first post. It's like that, you know? I started out the day feeling low but now I know that there are a lot of other people having similar experiences with neuroconformity. This is my way of keeping the ball rolling for today. Maybe tomorrow's way will be different, but this diamond of today's roughs will be the same.

Just wanted to state the obvious: the existence of this forum is one possible answer to the question of dealing with the feeling of 'failing at life..

:idea:

Opi
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

20 Dec 2013, 10:54 pm

oblocutor wrote:
At 29, I'm going through a rather rocky section of life and I'm often tempted lately to imagine that there are more "problems" than solutions.

Thoughts like that brought me here for the first time today, and now I'm making my first post. It's like that, you know? I started out the day feeling low but now I know that there are a lot of other people having similar experiences with neuroconformity. This is my way of keeping the ball rolling for today. Maybe tomorrow's way will be different, but this diamond of today's roughs will be the same.

Just wanted to state the obvious: the existence of this forum is one possible answer to the question of dealing with the feeling of 'failing at life..

:idea:

nicely said and welcome to WP. lot of good people here.

24 - HSP / ADD Quiz- 41, Inattention: 24, Hyperactive/Impulsive: 17
"Odd and different is beautiful" -- Tyra Banks

sammie96
Raven
Raven

21 Dec 2013, 10:38 am

[quote="1000Knives"

I don't know what exactly I'm asking, but how do you deal with, basically... failing at life?[/quote]

Up to now I haven't dealt with it very well. I'm learning to cope more since I got my dx (I'm 40). I've failed at everything possible. Dropped out of high school TWICE (second time was at a great private school, and I was in my senior year.
I got married, divorced quickly. Eventually went to junior college. I got straight A's and was about to transfer to the university when I met my 2nd husband. Got pregnant, dropped out.
I failed at nursing, too, even though I did extremely well academically. I even had trouble working in a school kitchen.
All this was eating me up inside....I don't have a job, drive an OLD car; we live in a tiny 2 bedroom - all 4 of us.
I was hurting a lot more in the time leading up to my dx - I knew what I had, but I really needed it to be confirmed. I realize now it was kind of a grieving process. I had always held out the hope that SOMETHING could make me "normal." Therapy, meds, anything. Now I know nothing can zap my brain to NTness.
It's still hard for me. I'm lucky I don't have to work right now. If I'm feeling blue, I can withdraw without anybody's permission. I try to treat myself very well. I don't force myself to go out and hang around downtown, just because that's what NT's do. I draw, take pictures, read (9/11 is my new obsession), listen to music.
I also get a lot of help from my children and boyfriend. Just knowing that these special love and depend on me makes a world of difference. When we're all home, I don't have time to ruminate on the past.
Take it day by day, and try to be good to yourself. Is there something you're especially good at but have never really explored?