Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2015, 12:41 pm

I went through Kenneth young center and when I did. Read the agreement I was signing and all of sudden. I go in the groups and found out they all sucked. Sexual relationships, some dumb things that people say while in the groups. Had to switch over to another counselor. Then that didn't work. It was like a madhouse in there. Got into a fight and was kicked out. Angrily mad at the basterds that didn't help me or even guided me. I might well leave the planet and never come back human beings are disgusting with their sick urges. I didn't wanna go back after that. But then new transitions was way worse. One girl kept touching her privates in the group. Sickening. She should of been banned for doing that. Dr .. was one of the advisor and I was pissed told him he was a liar. Illinois is a f****d up state with therapy centers. Going back to the ones in charge of Kenneth young center. ... is a real b***h. And this other counselor ... was really pathetic also. The state needs to shutdown these therapy centers and throw them all in a slammer.

Last edited by B19 on 14 Oct 2015, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.: Names removed/personal attacks

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2015, 3:39 pm

autismthinker21 wrote:
I went through Kenneth young center and when I did. Read the agreement I was signing and all of sudden. I go in the groups and found out they all sucked. Sexual relationships, some dumb things that people say while in the groups. Had to switch over to another counselor. Then that didn't work. It was like a madhouse in there. Got into a fight and was kicked out. Angrily mad at the basterds that didn't help me or even guided me. I might well leave the planet and never come back human beings are disgusting with their sick urges. I didn't wanna go back after that. But then new transitions was way worse. One girl kept touching her privates in the group. Sickening. She should of been banned for doing that. Dr .. was one of the advisor and I was pissed told him he was a liar. Illinois is a f****d up state with therapy centers. Going back to the ones in charge of Kenneth young center. ... is a real b***h. And this other counselor ... was really pathetic also. The state needs to shutdown these therapy centers and throw them all in a slammer.

Hey autismthinker21,

First off, I agree with what you wrote, and can identify with your experiences. Therapy centers and mental health centers, for the most part, are not good places. At best, they are ineffective. At worst, they can be traumatizing and downright criminally destructive. Usually the worst of the worst go to these places - especially if they are public or subsidized. Sexual weirdos, the criminally insane, or people who are just really stupid and undisciplined make up the majority of people in these "therapy groups" and "therapy houses".

The therapy industry is a racket, and always caters to the lowest common denominator. These programs offer no practical skills that can empower people and make them independent. These programs create an "I-love-me" environment, creating a false sense of security, which of course is shattered outside the pretend world of therapy. These places do not teach you how to be anything other than dependent.

Being surrounded by the types of degenerates that frequent these groups and places, causes ones own behaviour and morals to again, decline to the lowest common denominator.

You don't realize how far we have declined as a civilization until you set foot in a mental institution or therapy group.

Source?

10 years of personal experience dealing with the mental health industry.

I have aspergers, ptsd, adhd, severe depression and anxiety, all formally diagnosed and all treatment attempts have ended in failure, and not because I didn't try. "The program" is not designed to help, but to hinder, so you or your parents or the tax payer can keep paying for these faulty services, and the administrators at the top can laugh, cash their epic paychecks, and enjoy a life or luxury that kings throughout history only dreamed of.

I NO LONGER SEE A THERAPIST OR PARTICIPATE IN ANY MENTAL HEALTH TREATMENT.

These people may have started off with the best intentions, but are quickly burnt out by their jobs.

Do I have anger issues and other problems? Yes. But they're justified.

Your feelings are justified. Do not look outward for answers. Life forces us to look within, and I am 28 years old, and literally have just learned that lesson.

Last edited by Adamantium on 14 Oct 2015, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.: Names removed/personal attacks in quote

autismthinker21
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2015, 4:07 pm

Where are you from? I am from Illinois. Sorry that happened to you. Yeah they wanna live in the rich world and don't wanna face the facts that greed is a sin. Greed leads to more and more.

jkrane
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2015, 7:14 pm

autismthinker21 wrote:
Where are you from? I am from Illinois. Sorry that happened to you. Yeah they wanna live in the rich world and don't wanna face the facts that greed is a sin. Greed leads to more and more.

I live in Canada. I've had to go to rehab twice (against my will). One was at a youth rehab centre, Alwood, for people aged 16-23, and the people there were nice, but f*****g impulsive and ret*d, and caused all of their own problems. I was in there for weed at the time, there were also two other guys in there for weed as well, and they we were all pretty level headed guys. I was 21 at the time, I had a job (albeit a sh***y one), I had lived on my own previously. They lumped me in with the rest of the idiots there. People who were there for basically sh*****g all over their really wonderful and easy lives, abusing their parents and family members. These kids have cars, really flashy fancy clothes (a few people gave me some really expensive brand name shirts, sweaters, that cost upwards of 80-100$) that they just didn't need or want. They had ridiculous allowances or jobs through family connections (that they still managed to f**k up). These people were into cocaine, ecstasy, heavy drinking, ketamine (I never knew what ketamine was until I went to Alwood), and delinquent behaviour.

They treat you like a child at that place. You are forced to sit and do therapy and assignments for literally 8-12 hours a day. I developed a pilonidal sinus on my tailbone from all the sitting. It got chronically infected, and needed to be surgically removed and gradually healed with wound packing. The bitterness festers in that place, and it leads everyone to the same immature, childish and regressive behaviours that everyone else is doing. Having had work experience, experience paying bills and rent, and treating my parents with respect, I came in as one of the more mature ones. By the time I left after the full 4 months, I had nearly been kicked out twice for childish behaviour I would have never done in any other setting. That place made my addiction worse, because when I left, I wanted to really get into all those other drugs (I had tried some of them before once or twice, but never really got into it) and see what all the fuss was about.

I'll talk about Homewood another day, because I'm tired, and I want a milkshake.

Basically homewood turned me from a productive worker, to an incompetent slob who couldn't clean his own room.

Bottom line, is these places, and the mental health industry in general, foster narcissim, they treat you like a child, and they offer you no real like skills. They offer you no vocational training, which would allow addicts and mentally disabled to get jobs, which would get them out of their situations. These places give them nothing to strive for, and the addicts end up resenting everyone in their life who sent them there, and blaming everyone else but themselves for their problems. The staff, as well meaning as they may be, eventually get burnt out from all of the ret*ds and losers they deal with on a regular basis. In the off chance, that someone is mature and wants to work with the treatment, then they don't know how to deal with it. They just think it's an act, lump you in with everyone else, and don't listen to your issues.

Therefore you come out worse than when you came in. Everyone I knew from Alwood relapsed within a few months after graduation. The recedivism rate in these institutions is due to the fact that they render the patient incapable of surviving and thriving in the real world. Because in the real world, you are not unique and special, and it isn't about you. We're all just cogs in the machine.