Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 8:53 am

What was the most disappointing romance in your life?
I'll start. I had many but this one took the cake. When I was about 19, I was dating this postal clerk who was 34. After his shift was over, I went there to do some mailing only to overhear gossip about him. I heard that one of the female clerks 8O came in "early" only to find Eileen F. with her legs in the air and John S. going at it hot and heavy. I thought "JOHN" was only going hot and heavy with me. They were at it like two dogs - "On top of boxes". LESSON LEARNED: DO wash your hands after handling the mail. I used to wonder why sometimes my mail smelled like catfood and ass. I wonder no more. :lol:

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 4:32 pm

When I was 18, I was dating a 36 year old doctor who was separated from his wife. I was quite happy to be taken wherever when he was in town but I found out that he was dating my friend's sister and he was still trying to reconcile with his wife, both women were taking this man far more serious than I was! So, my friend arranged to get all three of us on the phone to compare notes. He ended up losing all three. But I'm describing someone's else very disappointing experience. I wasn't hurt at all in that one since I was in it for the experience, not the man.

My disappointing experience was a time when I was wanting to connect romantically with someone and was putting myself out there with eye contact, sultry moves, and charisma... and didn't get any response, when it was supposed to be a date and he was supposed to be into me. I even caught him looking at someone else. I really hate that rejected feeling. I remember crying that night. Ever since that experience, a guy has to make the first move before I'll step forward, and that includes my husband after seven years together!

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 5:53 pm

wefunction wrote:
When I was 18, I was dating a 36 year old doctor who was separated from his wife. I was quite happy to be taken wherever when he was in town but I found out that he was dating my friend's sister and he was still trying to reconcile with his wife, both women were taking this man far more serious than I was! So, my friend arranged to get all three of us on the phone to compare notes. He ended up losing all three. But I'm describing someone's else very disappointing experience. I wasn't hurt at all in that one since I was in it for the experience, not the man.

My disappointing experience was a time when I was wanting to connect romantically with someone and was putting myself out there with eye contact, sultry moves, and charisma... and didn't get any response, when it was supposed to be a date and he was supposed to be into me. I even caught him looking at someone else. I really hate that rejected feeling. I remember crying that night. Ever since that experience, a guy has to make the first move before I'll step forward, and that includes my husband after seven years together!

I know what you mean by holding back on first moves!! I would NEVER call a guy when I was young and in the dating scene. I'll tell ya why: I called someone once and he answered the phone in a real excited way. When he heard it was me, he sounded VERY disappointed. After that, I NEVER called any guy again. Maybe that's a small thing to most people but it's a big one to me. :oops: About that doctor: I wonder if he would have had the 3 opportunities if he was just a working class guy - was his appeal "doctor appeal"? he may have been WELL-AWARE of his doctor status as well. He was probably used to it. I heard that cops cheat like CRAZY!! Must be the image :lol:

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

09 May 2011, 7:59 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
About that doctor: I wonder if he would have had the 3 opportunities if he was just a working class guy - was his appeal "doctor appeal"? he may have been WELL-AWARE of his doctor status as well. He was probably used to it. I heard that cops cheat like CRAZY!! Must be the image :lol:

I don't know about the other two women, although my friend's sister had a quality character that I believe was investing in who he was... or, at least, who he was pretending to be with her. I was attracted to him. He was good-looking and worked out, he was intelligent, funny and had a great voice. I also liked that he took me places for new experiences. The fact that he was A DOCTOR didn't really impress me. I wasn't trying to marry him or anything, nor have I ever raised my eyebrows at a man's profession, despite my cliche fetish for firefighters.

Cops can cheat and be cheated on. It happens. I don't know if it happens more often with cops than anyone else. There is a stereotypical attraction to the uniform. Both men and women are made into fetishes. I think it really boils down to an individual's character and whether or not they want to take advantage of the opportunities available to them.

RedHanrahan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 10:05 pm

Ms S McCabe, I thought I was in love with her when I was 22, we got on quite well she found my weirdness charming [or so it seemed], we 'got together' and she treated me like crap, I think I have only ever been in lust and in love with the ideal of love, I think this no more...

peace j

What vision is left? And is anyone asking?

Have a great day!

HenryKrinkle
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2011, 12:12 pm

All the non-existent ones.

Sheldrake
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 May 2011, 6:24 pm

There is this really hot girl that liked me when I was 11. I got too flustered and nervous and blew it. There was another nice girl when I was 13, I was less nervous but failed at talking to her.

Then another girl when I was 23, this 1 I talked to a bit but there was no dating allowed at the course I was doing at the time. ****ing Christian idiots. ***** **** ****** *** So yeah I'm 24 and never had a girlfriend even though I good looking with a 6 pack.

countzarroff
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 May 2011, 2:48 am

I dunno, maybe the fact that I never dated till I was 20, and didn't even get a relationship till I was 22 and halfway done through college convinced me that I suck at relationships. I never even had any female friends before her. Yeah that's disappointing.

FWIWIMO
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

31 May 2011, 10:26 pm

When I was in college, I met a very attractive NT girl who flirted with me, and I was excited at the thought of having my first girlfriend. Turns out she only wanted to make her boyfriend (now husband) jealous.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jun 2011, 11:03 am

FWIWIMO wrote:
When I was in college, I met a very attractive NT girl who flirted with me, and I was excited at the thought of having my first girlfriend. Turns out she only wanted to make her boyfriend (now husband) jealous.

That happened to my husband in his single years. He actually ended up in a fight with the boyfriend. The guy followed them to where they parked to make out and attacked my husband. He really didn't appreciate being put in that position. Two months later, the woman came back wanting to date again, swearing that she really left her boyfriend this time. My husband politely told her to never come within 500 feet of him ever again.

I don't get the whole jealousy thing. Someone showing affection to another person wouldn't make me feel closer to them. Anger and betrayal doesn't make me value a relationship, it makes me realize how destructive it is.