Page 9 of 11 [ 171 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 8:53 am

A "front office." A partner who I trust to watch for all the social cues I might miss, so I can focus on my work. The same person or people would also help translate for me, to communicate with people who understand references to pop culture.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2018, 4:13 pm

People actually listening and advocating instead of just claiming that they will.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 9:56 pm

To somehow have a hiring process that accommodates us and shifts us to a suitable match in employment like a specialized Monster.com?

I have trouble with forms, resumes and certain types of interviews. Especially after being out of workforce a long time and having all my history information difficult to re-acquire (how do you prove you worked at places that no longer exist and employers who are now dead?). Same with referrals and addresses. Crap as a military family who became military and married military so many addresses! And I went to no less than one school a year, usually small private/charter type schools or parochial schools. Even my 1st college restructured, changed its name and available major disciplines. and 72 of my credits are there. Replacing lost documents is an obstacle harder than parting a sea for me.

Flexible (choosing the times) yet static (rare changes after schedule is set).

Not being expected to suddenly switch positions to something earlier avoided for the very reason that would be unlikely to perform well. That is just setting one up for failure.
( I know a guy set up for firing for refusing to sept change and upgrade from late hours mall cop to daytime kiosk mgr. If he had protections for his hidden disability he could be stable and productive in mediocre ever after.)

In general, my answer to the OP question would be stable employment or winning the lottery.

gingerpickles
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 10:01 pm

Dear_one wrote:
A "front office." A partner who I trust to watch for all the social cues I might miss, so I can focus on my work.

Yes, an advocate/translator!

and training to be brought up to speed. Windows 10 and app-style interfaces actually have made me a Luddite instead of being intuitive or useful; so now I am obsolete. And I can't adapt fast enough because though I learn well I learn slow and only in structured lesson environments

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 10:06 pm

gingerpickles wrote:
Dear_one wrote:
A "front office." A partner who I trust to watch for all the social cues I might miss, so I can focus on my work.

Yes, an advocate/translator!

and training to be brought up to speed. Windows 10 and app-style interfaces actually have made me a Luddite instead of being intuitive or useful; so now I am obsolete. And I can't adapt fast enough because though I learn well I learn slow and only in structured lesson environments

irritatingly hard to find, they're worth their weight in gold.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 10:20 pm

auntblabby wrote:
Dear_one wrote:

irritatingly hard to find, they're worth their weight in gold.

Yes, and we can be their Golden Goose too. There is far too much emphasis on individual development, and not enough on team formation. Any mildly successful person has helpers in their life.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

24 Dec 2018, 10:26 pm

I guess i'm not mildly successful then. :| all my life I've had to do stuff alone.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

31 Dec 2018, 10:19 pm

Dieter Rams: architecture and carpentry--I wish I was that 'handy' :) .

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

03 Jan 2019, 12:30 pm

The my 'not-wellness' including my physically based not-wellness since last Friday evening cease during the weekend.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

zcientist
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Jan 2019, 5:41 pm

A bunch of focus.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 9:25 pm

the ability to fluently switch focus from task to task, more than anything.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 9:39 pm

Legally mandated dog :roll: owner :roll: shock collar

Universal income

Retrograde amnesia

LGBT laws

Coed bathroom

Liposuction

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 9:43 pm

universal [or at least realistically affordable without being a college person or a lotto winner] health care [including for mental health] and dental care.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2019, 10:10 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Legally mandated dog :roll: owner :roll: shock collar

Universal income

Retrograde amnesia

LGBT laws

Coed bathroom

Liposuction

What do you want to do differently in a co-ed bathroom? I'm baffled, unless you mean showering with a lover.

sidetrack
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 7:39 pm

An apartment of my own and the resultant isolation to sustain it without hassling of bills

..b/c I find the question of a possible afterlife to be 'beside the point' to our current understandings of consciousness , I find that Borges saying 'I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.” to be highly appealling..that and/or an art studio where I could essentially be autotrophic and the only animal present

..to an indeterminate amount, reversing time/ my age to effectively embark on a development route as an artist, a career artists with no 'cop outs' to not having an understanding of what events will happen.