Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

aspieprincess123
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 May 2020, 10:25 am

Bit of a dumb question but has anyone here found out something by total surprise as in no idea.

Yesterday my partner had left his Microsoft surface powered on bit he must have thought it was locked I saw that he had drawn sketches of me okay a few were erotic but most where quite decent.

I was curious and found on his surface he has loads of good sketches and drawings I never knew he was good at drawing as he always made it clear he hates drawing.

Later at tea time I asked him about them I wasn't upset he drew a few of me nude or in revealing clothes and he said sometimes he likes to doddle bit somehow the topic moved from how he actually likes to draw and design which he has with a 3d printer.

I was amazed as I assumed his true love and interest was computing but he actually said he dislikes computing and mainly did it cause it's good money which in his case it is.

I felt amazed that I learned this new part of him but also a bit down cause he never said it before or maybe he just didn't see it as important he often omits data if he determines the other person don't need to know.

I love belko61
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2020, 5:02 pm

I used to be surprised and discover things about my husband of 15 years too (he was either afraid of being critiqued so only opened up once he had perfected his skills, or just never thought it was important.) Looking back I think his sense or privacy was part of that is why I picked him and why we got along so well. He was very forgiving of my need for alone time, and I didn't exactly ask probing questions. Besides, I mostly saw these surprises in a positive light - there was a whole new area of conversation and sharing, which was a good thing. I learned to hold small things back intentionally - so if things were boring or we were fighting I could surprise him and we got to rekindle.