Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 7:55 pm

Does anyone remember these from when they were little (or not so little)?

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=y7kKeP4AfcA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=4H7wUKln4OM[/youtube]

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 8:38 pm

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=KSYyGsKEz1k[/youtube]

methinks
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 May 2007, 9:19 pm

oh my god,I just got memory vertigo.I haven't seen/heard those in thirty+ years.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2007, 10:40 pm

I love the number 12 song. It is one of those songs that is stuck in my head and comes out when I am really hyper. I find myself singing it over and over and over..... I just showed my kids so now they know what the hell I'm talking about! :P It's not just their old mom losing her marbles!

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 8:31 am

I loved Sesame Street when I was a kid. Back when Mr. Hooper was still alive and Elmo was still way way off in the future...

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2007, 8:59 am

Apatura wrote:

Love it! Thanks for posting those.

I used to love the little huge-mouthed alien guys that bounced and said "yip yip." (Or was that "yup yup"?)

--Edgar Allan Poe

wendytheweird
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2007, 9:03 am

I still sing the number 12 song, too. Sometimes my neighbor joins in with me. Both the alligator king and the number 12 song appear on a video I got for my 7 year old when he was one. It's a really annoying Elmo video, though. I think it's ELmo's numbers game or something like that. I fast forward it through the Elmo parts to watch the songs sometimes (with my kids of course. ;))

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 10:11 am

Hamster wrote:
Apatura wrote:

Love it! Thanks for posting those.

I used to love the little huge-mouthed alien guys that bounced and said "yip yip." (Or was that "yup yup"?)

I remember those! But I'm not sure if I genuinely remember the videos I posted (I'm pretty sure I remember "eleven twelve") or if I just "remember" them from the above-mentioned elmo DVD that my kids have watched.

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 10:30 am

Hamster, here is a yip yip one for you!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VNMERVsC4[/youtube]

Hamster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2007, 11:52 am

Apatura wrote:
Hamster, here is a yip yip one for you!

[youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=Z4VNMERVsC4[/youtube]

AWESOME!

Here I am, 43 years old, cig hanging from my lip, grinning like an idiot. After all these years, they still get to me... :D

--Edgar Allan Poe

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 12:31 pm

I don't remember those since I only saw it when my brothers were young. I remember the one that goes, "One of these things is not like the others. One of these just isn't the same." When I was a manager, I would sing that to my employees. LOL

to save me from ruin

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 12:33 pm

Thanks, Apatura... that one's a classic! :D

Apatura
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 1:05 pm

There are lots of them on youtube... just do a search there for "classic sesame street."

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 1:36 pm

I've grown to really like Elmo. Elmo doesn't use pronouns which sounds juvenile and egoistic at first glance. However, it works really well when your 4 or 5 year old doesn't understand pronouns yet. Elmo is straightforward and makes a lot of mistakes. In turn, some of the other Sesame Street characters don't always understand his literal way of talking. For instance, one video is about him practicing his "countdown" for a radio broadcast. All the other Sesame Street characters (humans and muppets alike) assumed he meant a countdown of his favorite songs, so they bombard him with performances of their own favorite songs, in hopes he plays them on the radio. They don't listen to him when he says he needs to be alone and practice his countdown. Finally in the end, it's explained that he's merely counting backwards from 10-1 and that it was hard for him to do.

My son has had a real "delay", so to speak, in is media interests. He liked the Teletubbies until he was 4 and then he moved on to Sesame Street which he faded out over the past year (he's 7 1/2). He's moved on to the Muppets (with my prodding).

KimJ
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 1:40 pm

My own Sesame Street experience was vastly different. I turned 5 in 1974 and PBS wasn't anything like it is now. We had Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Villa Alegre (anyone remember that?!) and Electric Company and Zoom. 5 was pretty much the cutoff point for Sesame Street and you just didn't watch it after that. Since there wasn't the age-progressive program for PBS, you just stopped watching altogether. Now PBS has blocks of programs for different age groups.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2007, 2:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: My brother and I just had a hilarious walk down Sesame Street memory lane!!