Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 8:57 am

the phrase, Once in a Blue Moon means rarely or occassionally. It happens when there are two full moons in one month and today is the day!

There is a Blue Moon in Sagittarius lines up exactly at 8:04 P.M. (Chicago time on the World Clock) and makes two full moons in May 2007.

This is one of those facts I just revel in. . .thought I would share with you, sorry but no door prizes given for the double moon in one month.

Merle

ZanneMarie
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 10:07 am

Oh! I didn't realize this month was that month! Thank you for that. It explains so much.

to save me from ruin

Beenthere
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 11:43 am

Cool, I didn't know this! Thanks!! :D

alexbeetle
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 12:04 pm

so all those things that happen 'once in a blue moon' are going to happen today??? :?

It might look like I'm doing nothing, but at the cellular level I'm really quite busy.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 1:02 pm

I seemed odd when i saw the full moon last night.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 2:22 pm

Last night TM had a full blown grand mal tantrum. Full moon madness to the max. Got very angry at me because I wasn't crying over our neighbor who dropped dead Sunday.

Same old ASpie stuff, I'm very sad, but not teary...

krex
Veteran
Veteran

31 May 2007, 4:56 pm

I had a friend who is a scorpio(as I know you and I are also),who claimed that Blue moons made her really emotionally volitile.She would basically hide out when they happened.I never noticed any particular effect but I am completly ut of touch with noticing "time patterns".I barely know what day of the week it is unless I have to return to work that day,then luckily,have not forgotten.....yet.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 6:42 am

I wonder if the term "Indian Summer" is used other places in the world, besides the North East, us of A. Funny how over time it's considered a good thing now. Might have been back then, except on one side of it.

Once in a blue moon, didn't know what exactly that was, cool. I'll still use it as often as I like, even when it isn't.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:20 am

postpaleo wrote:
I wonder if the term "Indian Summer" is used other places in the world, besides the North East, us of A. Funny how over time it's considered a good thing now. Might have been back then, except on one side of it.

Once in a blue moon, didn't know what exactly that was, cool. I'll still use it as often as I like, even when it isn't.

Indian Summer was known as "St. Luke's Summer" as early as 1300's in France, although they didn't call it that, they said it French. What they called it when France was Celtic, I have no idea.

Merle

Xenon
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 8:46 am

postpaleo wrote:

We used it in southwestern Ontario where I grew up, and we use it here in western Canada. I am thinking it's commonplace across North America.

postpaleo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2007, 3:04 pm

I would have guessed it would have traveled west in the US. Doesn't surprise me that another term would be used elsewhere. Certianly the one merle mentioned isn't from here. I wonder but doubt if it has the same roots. Which in this country means, the snows or weather conditions allowed the Indians to raid the frontier, when normaly it would have been a time out.