Page 1 of 5 [ 66 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

philosopher
Raven
Raven

07 Aug 2007, 1:47 pm

I to have that flying down the stairs dream also when i was young i used to have a nightmare where i would come home and no one would know who i was.

squier
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 3:26 pm

i have some weird dreams and if there not weird their out of porportion

my book:
http://www.lulu.com/content/710903

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2007, 5:11 pm

My test for whether or not I'm dreaming is to see whether or not I can fly.

Does dreaming of colossal landscapes and architecture represent the vastness of my psyche, or the diminutive nature of my perspective?

- Emerson

zee
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2007, 1:48 am

I have many surreal, vivid dreams. I often dream that I'm flying over fields, hills and forest... the currents of the wind are what keep me flying, but I can sort-of control myself within them. I guess it's pretty clear what that means.

Anyway, here's a dream I had some years ago, before I even knew what Asperger's Syndrome was. I think I was in my late teens, and I was living at home. One day my mom took me aside and said that I had some sort of illness or condition. I had been born with it, and she'd always known. But she didn't want to tell me because she wanted me to live my life to the fullest. But now that I was the right age, she had to tell me. I think the implication was that it was fatal and I was going to die soon.
I remember being shocked and angry for her withholding the information, and then going to a pond and looking in the water. Then I woke up and realized it was all a dream.
I forgot about it until recently.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 9:29 am

My flying dreams are usually of the gliding type more than flying. Sometimes I stay up, sometimes I don't. Not thinking about it, just feeling is the only way I can stay up for any length of time. The moment I realise what I'm doing I start losing control.

I had a strange one a couple of days ago. I was in the back yard and I spotted a leech slowly making it's way along. I moved over, kneeled down and studied it briefly (disgusting things). Sudddenly I started to notice that there were lots more dotted all over the yard. I realised that I was going to really watch where I was stepping to make sure I didn't come into contact with them. They were absoutely everywhere. Then I noticed that there was a baby ( a niece of mine) a few yards away and I realised that unless I got to her , she was going to start coming into contact with them herself, and she had no hope of avoiding them because she was lying down on her stomach. I started off by moving as quickly as I could without touching the leeches, but the need to pick her up and get her away from the leeches overwhelmed my sense of caution so I just ran and forgot about the leeches. I think I woke up just as I got to her.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 9:40 am

Strangely I've never had any dreams involving flying... bridges breaking though was a nightmare that was recurrent as a child. Most dreams I have now as an adult I don't remember anyways.

thyme
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 10:59 am

I used to have dreams where i could jump really high. I would jump from roof-top to roof-top. I was allot of fun.

blessedmom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 11:23 am

MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:
Strangely I've never had any dreams involving flying... bridges breaking though was a nightmare that was recurrent as a child. Most dreams I have now as an adult I don't remember anyways.

I found that having kids made me so tired at night at that I don't remember my dreams anymore, either. I'm glad because the nightmares I used to get where awful!

Last edited by blessedmom on 13 Sep 2007, 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MishLuvsHer2Boys
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 12:25 pm

blessedmom wrote:
MishLuvsHer2Boys wrote:

I found that having kids made me so tired at night at that I don't remember my dreams anymore, either. I'm glad because the nightmares I used to get awful!

Yeah sometimes I think that might be the reasoning for it.

Belle77
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2007, 1:38 pm

I've always had trouble sleeping so I never used to dream very much. I've been taking Trazodone for the last couple of weeks to help me sleep and I'm having really weird dreams. I don't really like it because they seem so realistic that I'm freaked out when I wake up. The other night Danny Devito saved me from being raped. 8O

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 2:57 am

TechnoMonk wrote:
My flying dreams are usually of the gliding type more than flying. Sometimes I stay up, sometimes I don't. Not thinking about it, just feeling is the only way I can stay up for any length of time. The moment I realise what I'm doing I start losing control.

I had a strange one a couple of days ago. I was in the back yard and I spotted a leech slowly making it's way along. I moved over, kneeled down and studied it briefly (disgusting things). Sudddenly I started to notice that there were lots more dotted all over the yard. I realised that I was going to really watch where I was stepping to make sure I didn't come into contact with them. They were absoutely everywhere. Then I noticed that there was a baby ( a niece of mine) a few yards away and I realised that unless I got to her , she was going to start coming into contact with them herself, and she had no hope of avoiding them because she was lying down on her stomach. I started off by moving as quickly as I could without touching the leeches, but the need to pick her up and get her away from the leeches overwhelmed my sense of caution so I just ran and forgot about the leeches. I think I woke up just as I got to her.

It sounds like you want to save your neice from a poisoned environment... or maybe you just feel that everything around you is draining you. :(

zee
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 2:59 am

thyme wrote:
I used to have dreams where i could jump really high. I would jump from roof-top to roof-top. I was allot of fun.

It sounds like you were smarter than other people... you could easily get past concepts that confused them.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2007, 1:31 pm

I don't think that my niece is the relevant detail. If I was to take a guess, I'd say it's probably down to the way I seem to always feel responsible for everyone else, at the expense of my own well being.

It can be a good quality sometimes, but people abuse my good nature.

zee
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2007, 2:04 am

Yeah, that's human nature for you... don't let them take advantage of you!

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 8:48 am

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day every valley shall be exalted, and every hill and mountain shall be made low, the rough places will be made plain, and the crooked places will be made straight; "and the glory of the Lord shall be revealed and all flesh shall see it together." :)

Triangular_Trees
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2007, 8:50 am

MrMark wrote:
My test for whether or not I'm dreaming is to see whether or not I can fly.

That could have deadly results if you actually are awake