Page 136 of 145 [ 2309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 133, 134, 135, 136, 137, 138, 139 ... 145  Next

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2011, 1:37 am

Hell, we can't all be thread-killers...

Igor
Raven
Raven

07 Jan 2011, 10:47 am

Usually I'm an excellent thread killer - I just can't kill this one :P

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2011, 5:13 pm

keep on trying Igor ! ! :P

jackbus01
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 6:20 am

I can't kill this thread either

mightypen515
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Feb 2011, 7:10 pm

It's alive! ALIVE!! !! :lol:

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 8:04 am

Hello to everyone who remembers me.

I am just having a quick visit to see if some of my old friends are still here and doing ok :)

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

28 Feb 2011, 4:31 pm

hi Bazza, still alive (kicking i'm not sure, more like counting the days before holidays (which fortunately is in 4 days ! !! a whole week yes ! !! !! !)
and of course I remember you

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

03 Mar 2011, 12:35 pm

Someone just has to kill this thread! What an oppurtune time for me to run 'n gun its a**. :rambo:

Did I... kill the thread? :cheers:

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2011, 8:06 pm

Only for a very short time.
Hi everyone, glad to see the old thread's still going strong. Mustwin some kind of longevity award. Threadkillers version of. The Oscars threadtime achievement. Type of thing: -)

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 12:18 am

Hi Starr, if you had waited 15 more days to post, it would have been exactly 1 year between posts :P

stargazing
Raven
Raven

07 Mar 2011, 5:26 pm

Does anyone else find it extremely amusing that a thread about killing threads is surviving this long? :lol:

In any case, it's a wonderfully ironic little trick to challenge everyone to kill a thread, provoking constant replies from people trying to kill it and thus ensuring its continued survival. Plus, the longer it goes on, the greater the competition and the more motivated they will be to "win". Beautiful, really!

In any case, I will make no such attempt because I know how the copernican principle of mediocrity works. The longer something is around, the longer it's likely to stay around. :wink:

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2011, 5:52 pm

you should worry less about being a thread-killer. This thread is a poster-killer.

Just look at all the members that have disappeared. (good to see the Professor is still about :) )

TM1 not posted in 3 1/2 years, but he still has 7 posts left before he was due to leave.

TheMachine1 wrote:
Image Threads I start have life spans shorter than an ant's socks. So the quickest way for me to kill a thread is to author one.

I'm not feeling too well, I have to go now.

Starr
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 5:51 am

Actually, it was a genuine question when I started this thread,something I worried about, also fun when folks from a similar thread in Random (I think...it was a while ago) started becoming regulars. We've had all sorts of discussions here going on between 'killings' :wink: Plus a lot of fun. There are members here who rarely post in other threads, just pop in from time to here to say 'hi' because it's got a nice atmosphere (sounds odd, but I'm sure it has! There's no fighting here, it's a quiet, 'airy' kind of place, no hustle and bustle) It's had the odd spam attack but they move on eventually and threadkillers just keeps going. Lemon is threadtender extraordinaire :salut:
Has it ever gone onto page 2? I don't think so, but maybe perilously close. Someone always steps in and saves it. :)
And this is my third post in a year, OMG, for me, that's spamming! :lol:
Threadkillers....God bless it and all who post in it. :D

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 7:58 am

heya Starr!
glad to hear from you ! !
wanted to send you a message when bazza asked how you're doing, but then became ill and stayed in bed

It's absolutely right that this is not a Threadkilling thread in the real sense (like waiting for 100 of killing attemps a day), it's purpose has never been to kill it but to express yourself how you feel when you have killed a thread.

But next to it there always has been the fun part too, no need to be heavy and depressive, even if you feel a little akward.

And yes, we keep it alive as long as we are alive :),
so we can hear a word from you from time to time (a few times a year or a few times a month or a few times a week, or whatever you choose to be your 'hi threadkilling' rate ;) )

wish you all a very nice Tuesday ! !

BazzaMcKenzie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Mar 2011, 4:50 pm

^^^ you are both spammers - lol (anyone with a post count more than me is a spammer) :P

(and you both still have an average post count more than me - although my average at over 2 per say isn't bad considering I have hardly posted in 2 years) :oops:

lemon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2011, 5:38 pm

I post less nowadays too (but slightly more than you) , cause have my hands full with a satisfying full time job
ans how are you two doing?