Deep and meaningful - why are people born with asd

Page 3 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

crystalline71
Butterfly
Butterfly

12 Dec 2021, 7:22 pm

As to the original question, I don't have an answer but I do think about things like this. I find it encouraging that others do as well. I'm new and was just looking around for posts I relate to. I relate to this. I'm also in midlife and have never felt very well equipped for life on earth. And I do question it all from a spiritual perspective.

So, it's something to ponder. For now maybe I can only say I have known a handful of autistic and probably-autistic friends in the past and have found most of them to be quite amazing in many ways and unfortunately quite underappreciated.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

13 Dec 2021, 11:11 am

I also thought about this a lot but really it has no reason. A lot of bad things happen to good people, not to say autism is anything bad, i truly don't believe that( i can't believe i am saying that because for years i did and hate myself)It is just something that makes adjusting to society hard, but in itself it's nothing good or bad.

Everyone experiences lots of difficulties in life, that says nothing about who you are or what you deserve. It's how you choose to behave and deal with these things thats important. I believe everyone will get what they deserve in the end.

HighLlama
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 5:52 am

People are born with ASD because it's possible. No deeper meaning is really necessary. I think for many here, the pain associated with ASD comes from living in (artificial) societies designed for other people, rather than what is inherent to their own being.

As far as a world run by ASD people or NTs, life would be better if more of us developed character, regardless of our neurology. The worship of self-image seems to be the problem, more than anything else.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 5:59 am

MrsPeel wrote:
Well this is ----

Summarized ( my take): Autistic phenotype arose in general population as a beneficial adaption, evolutionary niche mutation, a type of human computer, retaining information and abilities of a specialized nature, of which cultural benefit to the tribe could be derived.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

SharonB
Veteran
Veteran

15 Dec 2021, 10:12 pm

^^ I like the "specializiation". I can't know everything about whales, motors, fiber arts and trains.... I find it a bit overwhelming so am happy to know other (ASD) people have this covered, while I am covering optical data transmission and positive parenting. Depth versus breadth. The longer I live the more I expand my depth across a breadth. :)

Benjamin the Donkey
Veteran
Veteran

23 Dec 2021, 6:00 pm

Why are people born with blue eyes, deafness, allergies, a certain skin color?

A deeper and more meaningful question would be, "Why do people feel the need to find deeper meaning in events that have none?"