Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASS-P
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jun 2008, 8:41 pm

I saw a mention in Main about a " too late " tendency among those of us DX'd at an older age - OK , it's a well-enough feeling to have a " cliche " term pinned to it .
Well , it's still , maybe even the cliched-ness somewhat proves that it is , capable of beiing valid .
I was DX'd a year-and-a-halfish back , at 46 or so .
I'm pretty much , materially speaking , a " failure in life " , and , now I can see this as a contributing reason , anyway .
My adult famil that I care about is , basically , all gone , pretty much my lifetime's collection of " stuff " - Comics , records , et al - seems to be lost , as are the family-personal mementos/memoribilia I had , too .
My diabetes ( Adult onset ) has already had 1/2 of one toe amputated .
I never got to fully go to college ( I have a thread in Regular re: this . ) , and , in my position , I have no one to fall back on , no one to help (even leaving the money angle out of this for now )
I'm incredibly poor/low in status , more than , actually , I feel like saying now ( This is writ. on a library computer , I , certainly , don't own one . ) :( :cry: .

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2008, 4:00 pm

Never too late topic

You have got to hang in there. I am glad you posted. Your family cannot have all disappeared. Please keep trying. I have found info about my family in the most unlikely places.

I wish you had a better user name. It seems more like a downer.

You are ASPIE. Be strong. :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo