Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Fehndrix
Toucan
Toucan

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2010, 11:04 am

Why does it seem like there is been so much bad stuff about autistic people in the news lately? This is like the 3rd or 4th thing I've heard about recently.

sErgEantaEgis
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

02 Aug 2010, 1:29 am

Peko wrote:
Why does it seem like there is been so much bad stuff about autistic people in the news lately? This is like the 3rd or 4th thing I've heard about recently.

What is bad in that?I don't see anything really bad...

@Fehndrix and why did you brought this on Wrong Planet?I mean,if it was an NT kid who add been splattered,you wouldn't have bothered,but now its an autistic girl it's all dramatic.Beside,why did the writers of this article mentionned she was autistic anyway?Would they have mentionned it if she was alergic to eggs?Or black-skinned?No,they wouldn't...

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2010, 1:34 pm

My autistic five year old has a tendency to suddenly try to pull away, and make a break for it when we're going for walks or checking the mail. I live in fear she'll someday run in front of a car that won't stop.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

sandra3
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Aug 2010, 3:19 pm

How terrible and I think the parents knowing shes autistic should have controlled her movements more. i know as a young child myself I easily put my self in danger since I was always day-dreaming and noticed everything and wandered off just to see something. Also the new seems to make a big deal if its a disabled child since disabled people are still looked upon in a negitive light and that we cant help ourselves.

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 6:13 pm

sErgEantaEgis wrote:
Peko wrote:

What is bad in that?I don't see anything really bad...

@Fehndrix and why did you brought this on Wrong Planet?I mean,if it was an NT kid who add been splattered,you wouldn't have bothered,but now its an autistic girl it's all dramatic.Beside,why did the writers of this article mentionned she was autistic anyway?Would they have mentionned it if she was alergic to eggs?Or black-skinned?No,they wouldn't...

i agree with your post, i hate when the news bring up the diagnoses. :roll:

MONIQUEIJ
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2010, 6:15 pm

sandra3 wrote:
How terrible and I think the parents knowing shes autistic should have controlled her movements more. i know as a young child myself I easily put my self in danger since I was always day-dreaming and noticed everything and wandered off just to see something. Also the new seems to make a big deal if its a disabled child since disabled people are still looked upon in a negitive light and that we cant help ourselves.

seems to make a big deal if its a disabled child since disabled people are still looked upon in a negitive light and that we cant help ourselves.

true