Page 12 of 14 [ 213 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:06 pm

11krage wrote:
Just got a 'friendly' email :lol: from the wonderfully 'suprior' site owner:

Hi

All I know is this,,,, is I will help in the search in the cure for my 2 boys and
this PLAGUE that has taken over there life and you will suffer the same fate , It you
mother f**** ever log on my site again and post that f***ing sh** .
Because I will find you and I will gut you like a f***ing pig in front of your
family !Do you understand me you sorry mother f**** ! You make me sick.
With your bull sh** claims ,Just because you think you can draw some kind of'
check you are going to post this sh** ! My God you sorry mother fu*kers .
Go f**k off !

Thanks and
Have a nice day until you say this sh** to my face and the day will be over !

Stacy Goodson

:roll: Oh dear, someone needs to work on their communication skills (yes I do rather enjoy the irony). All I can say is I am terribly sorry for those two boys, if they grow up with any self esteem with that kind of maternal instinct I'll be suprised.

You know, if anyone actually bothered to do some research instead of 'oh my god my child can't be different to all the others' they would help their childrens prospects far better than searching for a cure for something that is just them.

report them to [email protected] the hosting service. This is the whois information on koautism.

WHOIS information for: koautism.com:

[whois.netfirms.com]
Registrant:
Slug Out Boxing
Goodson, Stacy
P.O. Box 69
Ratcliff, AR 72951
US

Domain name: koautism.com

Administrative Contact:
Slug Out Boxing [email protected]
Goodson, Stacy
P.O. Box 69
Ratcliff, AR 72951
US
479-353-6892 Fax:

Technical Contact:
Netfirms Inc. [email protected]
Manager, Domains
5160 Yonge St., 1800
Toronto, ON M2N6L9
CA
4166612100 Fax: 4166610700

Registrar of Record: Netfirms Inc.
Record expires on 2009-04-26.
Record created on 2007-04-26.
Database last updated on 2009-02-03 14:25:24.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:35 pm

dalurker wrote:
lau wrote:
You make a lot of statements, delurker, but provide no evidence for any of them.

I'm curious as to your credentials. You apparently ignore the opinions and evidence provided by a range of autistics, and prefer to make comments like "Why wouldn't severely autistic children be suffering?", implying that you have some inside knowledge of this, which is curious, as you seem to ignore what autistics say, therefore are hardly likely to have any insight into what might bother them.

What makes you think that we want you trying to represent us?

I think assertions such as yours are ridiculous, and that people should just acknowledge that some autistics do not particularly want what most other people have, including the abilities of others, but those other people seem displeased when the autistic doesn't have (or want) them.

You insist that I should want what the average person wants.

lau, what are your credentials? Look at this evidence about IQs:
http://www.springerlink.com/content/580 ... ltext.html
http://www.brainy-child.com/expert/auti ... test.shtml
http://doctorcushing.com/_wsn/page19.html
I don't care about the opinion of every disingenuous aspie who wants to call the shots. They haven't provided evidence. Aspies aren't severe autistics. There aren't any people that don't want to be intelligent, autistic or not. Propaganda will not dupe enough people into believing that many autistics want to be mentally weak. How many autistics don't want the ability of others? I don't care what you want. For all I know, you have enough. You and other non-impaired aspies shouldn't be trying to make anti-cure choices for the low-functioning.

I've taken tests that show my IQ as near mental retardation then I have IQs saying I'm highly advanced to a near genius level. IQ doesn't mean anything ...

Dokken
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:43 pm

Is that allowed on this forum? Posting someones address and/or phone number?

Posting someones address and/or phone doesn't seem right to me. I think that should be removed, in my opinion.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 3:50 pm

Dokken wrote:
Is that allowed on this forum? Posting someones address and/or phone number?

Posting someones address and/or phone doesn't seem right to me. I think that should be removed, in my opinion.

I haven't seen any rule against it. It is public information you go to whois.net and it provides you with he registration information. He most likely pays for that service if you look up my goddaddy domain it will only provide you with address and phone number of godaddy if I pay I forget I think its 9.95 it will display my name and address but as its only for role playing enjoying yourself (it will be reappriorated soon though) I see no need to change that option or pay more. Hence it was his decision to pay more and as a radio host (however small of a host he is) he has a certain obligation to acting professional. So incase he works for a company I have provided information to said company.

dalurker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:01 pm

Abangyarudo wrote:
I've taken tests that show my IQ as near mental retardation then I have IQs saying I'm highly advanced to a near genius level. IQ doesn't mean anything ...

One anecdote like that doesn't invalidate IQ. There's no way it doesn't mean anything, because professionals/scientists wouldn't be using it if it didn't mean anything.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:06 pm

dalurker wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:

One anecdote like that doesn't invalidate IQ. There's no way it doesn't mean anything, because professionals/scientists wouldn't be using it if it didn't mean anything.

really? this is not uncommon especially among geniuses (not saying I am one but for some reason people who are considered geniuses especially artistic geniuses have been shown to have differing IQS). IQ's validity has been challenged for years since you have people who are very gifted receiving low or conflicting iq scores. Now you can hold on to IQ as a determiner of whatever but since there are people with very low iqs making breakthoughs in every area, and demonstrating all the traits an IQ test is supposed to measure I think that pretty much invalidates it. Theres just too much to quantify that an IQ test fails to do.

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:07 pm

lau wrote:
...Then you get me into "research mode". And I find these attributed to Josh Billings (real name Henry Wheeler Shaw):
"It's not ignorance does so much damage; it's knowin' so derned much that ain't so."
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/autho ... _shaw.html
"It is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so. "
"The trouble with people is not that they don't know but that they know so much that ain't so. "

However, none of those are quite the one you gave, which seems to be attributed to Sam in various places.

Ain't the internet fun.

8O
You SEE?!
I didn't even know that Josh Billings' real name was Henry Wheeler Shaw! I just can't get away from this quote!! ! :wall: I've got it ...stuck ....all ...over me!! ! AAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKK!! !! !! (Chuck exits stage left, ripping ineffectually at the quote, glued like fly paper, wrapping his face and body like a mummy shroud,
but it
drags
him down
to the depths
like some beastly
giant
squid
owing to his
bottomless
stupidity...

...(BLORP!)

dalurker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:26 pm

Abangyarudo wrote:
really? this is not uncommon especially among geniuses (not saying I am one but for some reason people who are considered geniuses especially artistic geniuses have been shown to have differing IQS). IQ's validity has been challenged for years since you have people who are very gifted receiving low or conflicting iq scores. Now you can hold on to IQ as a determiner of whatever but since there are people with very low iqs making breakthoughs in every area, and demonstrating all the traits an IQ test is supposed to measure I think that pretty much invalidates it. Theres just too much to quantify that an IQ test fails to do.

How can someone be very gifted but have low IQ? Even if the IQ scores varied dramatically, why shouldn't it be recognized that the eventual high IQ scores they attained are indicative of their giftedness? I wonder at what ages such low IQ scores were measured among those with conflicting IQ scores. What kind of breakthroughs could someone with a very low IQ make? A few exceptions to such expectations about IQ aren't invalidating. The correlations aren't 100%.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 4:40 pm

dalurker wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:

How can someone be very gifted but have low IQ? Even if the IQ scores varied dramatically, why shouldn't it be recognized that the eventual high IQ scores they attained are indicative of their giftedness? I wonder at what ages such low IQ scores were measured among those with conflicting IQ scores. What kind of breakthroughs could someone with a very low IQ make? A few exceptions to such expectations about IQ aren't invalidating. The correlations aren't 100%.

Feynman's IQ was 126 (bio)
Watson's IQ was 124 (bio)
William Shockley's was 129, then 125 when tested a year later (his 2007 bio)
Luis Alvarez's was below 135 (he failed to qualify for Terman study)
<--- those are scientists with low iqs (not low ilike the results I received near mental retardation but still low for such gifted individuals. ) Thats just doing a quick yahoo search considering most scientists would hide such information because the scientific world would be prejudiced towards their ideas.

dalurker
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 5:00 pm

Abangyarudo wrote:
<--- those are scientists with low iqs (not low ilike the results I received near mental retardation but still low for such gifted individuals. ) Thats just doing a quick yahoo search considering most scientists would hide such information because the scientific world would be prejudiced towards their ideas.

Those aren't low IQs. I wonder in what proportion that the specific components of intelligence that are more important to the science they did, have contributed to their IQ scores.

Abangyarudo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2009, 5:18 pm

dalurker wrote:
Abangyarudo wrote:

Those aren't low IQs. I wonder in what proportion that the specific components of intelligence that are more important to the science they did, have contributed to their IQ scores.

The average IQ is 100 according to the Gaussian Bell Curve. So these scientists who have made strides in their fields are only 26 to 29 points over average?

Feynman (From Wikipedia)
Quote:
Richard Phillips Feynman (IPA: /ˈfaɪnmən/; May 11, 1918 – February 15, 1988) was an American physicist known for the path integral formulation of quantum mechanics, the theory of quantum electrodynamics and the physics of the superfluidity of supercooled liquid helium, as well as work in particle physics (he proposed the parton model).

William Shockley
Quote:
William Bradford Shockley (February 13, 1910 – August 12, 1989) was a British-born American physicist and inventor.

Along with John Bardeen and Walter Houser Brattain, Shockley co-invented the transistor, for which all three were awarded the 1956 Nobel Prize in Physics. Shockley's attempts to commercialize a new transistor design in the 1950s and 1960s led to California's "Silicon Valley" becoming a hotbed of electronics innovation. In his later life, Shockley was a professor at Stanford, and he also became a staunch advocate of eugenics.[1]

Luis Alvarez
Quote:
Luis W. Alvarez (June 13, 1911, San Francisco, California – September 1, 1988) was an American physicist and inventor, who spent nearly all of his long professional career on the faculty of the University of California, Berkeley. The prestigious American Journal of Physics commented, "Luis Alvarez (1911–1988) was one of the most brilliant and productive experimental physicists of the twentieth century."[1]

He was the author of 168 published papers in scientific journals, mostly in the field of physics, and was elected to the National Academy of Science in 1947 and the National Academy of Engineering in 1969. He was a member of the American Physical Society, a fellow in 1939, and served as President in 1969. He was awarded the Collier Trophy by the National Aeronautics Association in 1946. The trophy was presented by President Truman; and won the Presidential Medal for Merit in 1947. In 1960 he was named California Scientist of the Year; in 1961 he won the Albert Einstein Award. In 1963 he was presented the National Medal of Science by Lyndon B. Johnson; in 1965 the Michelson Award; in 1978 he received the University of Chicago Alumni Medal and was inducted into the National Inventors Hall of Fame. In 1987, the USA Department of Energy granted him its Enrico Fermi award.[2]

He won the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1968, and received over 40 patents, some of which proved commercially viable.

As far as Watson since I don't really know which Watson they are referring to I left that out.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 1:05 am

Dokken wrote:
sinsboldly wrote:
dalurker wrote:
lau wrote:
OK dalurker... I thought we were beginning to communicate with you. Obviously not. None of your points above make any sense. You are not listening.

I've had enough of listening to your nonsense. You can't refute any of my points.

There is a principle which is a bar against all information,
which is proof against all arguments, which cannot fail to
keep a man in everlasting ignorance.
That principle is contempt before invesigation
~Herbert Spencer

Sinsboldy, you attributed that quote to the wrong person. It's the famous misquote who Mr. Wilson attributed to the wrong person. Herbert Spencer never wrote or said anything that resembles the quote you wrote above. A man by the name of William H. Poole is the one that should be credited for that particular quote. In his book Anglo-Israel or, The British Nation: The Lost Tribes of Israel (1879) he wrote on the title page;
Quote:
There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. This principle is, contempt prior to examination.

Although, William H. Poole attributes the quote to a man named William Paley. Pretty neat, isn't it. Sadly though, that famous misquote will stay in the book Mr. Wilson co-wrote/wrote. I'm assuming you probably don't really care that much.

I am amazed that it never mattered that much to Mr. Wilson to get the attribution corrected! Thank you, Dokken, I would not have known had you not shared that with me!

Merle

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 1:16 am

Chuck wrote:
I didn't want this to pass without comment, though my comment may not fit the topic of this thread:
Silvervarg wrote:
...No one suffers becouse they are themselvs (unless there's some psycal error). Why? Becouse they don't know how to be anyone els. I have had a childhood that makes people respond in either two way:
1. "I can't belive you went through that, I would have commited suicide."
2. "How could somebody do something like that to anyone?! Have you never been to a psychologist?! 8O "
Or they think I lie becouse I seem so untouched by it.
I don't really understand what the fuzz is about, becouse its a part of me that I can't change and a part of my life that is behinde me. To me it's nothing strange, it's even normal, since it the everyday routine. It was how my world at that time was built.

You cannot have gone through that crucible unscathed or unchanged (even if you were unaware that the daily roast in the oven was you). But you can, as you have, pass through hell successfully - recognizing benefits from having survived it. Simple problems of everyday life are now mere nothings by comparison! You have gained skills that enable you to more easily navigate bad situations. You gain perspective attainable no other way. You learn deep empathy and concern for the feelings and welfare of others. You become aware of your impact on others, and try to cause others no harm if possible. You learn the benefit of choosing a life of effort over one of comfort. You learn to value daily struggle.

You emerge from it a silver wolf! :D The silver wolf you are today would not have resulted from a life of problem-free ease, simplicity, and a catering to your every whim. Or even from a "normal" one.

You see the value in having passed through hell, and the resulting change in your core and inner being, even if no one else can. You will carry this gift with you all of your days, and it cannot be taken from you.

That is why you do see that the life struggle that living with autism (a struggle - not from autism itself, but from navigating a non-autistic world with an autistic brain) brings is not necessarily bad, and that autistic people will gain gifts - gifts attainable only through this lifelong hardship. And you, through your own life experience, have seen that the hardship lessens as one gains insights and skills, which then also become gifts.

And that is why people who have not struggled in such a way cannot see and are unable to see any possible benefit to living such a life.

hugs and kisses, my brother Jump!
you make me proud to be me (and an Aspie!)
your sis,
Judy

Chuck
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 10:34 am

:wink:
My girl Merle! :D
I'm proud of who you've been
and who you've become
through your own life journey!
Not diamond-formed carbon.
Diamond all along.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 10:45 am

:oops:

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

04 Feb 2009, 12:03 pm

I think they are being scammed, or are trying to scam.

Stem cell research is targeted. They are doing some research on brain aneurysms currently.

Using stem cells for autism implies they have a particular damaged part to inject it near. That is assumption that the brain is damaged, i.e. you are not born that way.