Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2021, 6:52 am

carlos55 wrote:
Sadly particularly in the US big Pharma has its element of corruption and is not completely trustworthy. So maybe the next big thing will come elsewhere China perhaps?

Now this I like to see. :twisted:
Because China's research is not as regulated as in it in the west -- where it's very strict if not outright illegal.

From what I've heard, in China, there are already born genetically engineered humans -- and some, it may not even the disease or disability preventing kind.

Lots of ethnical debates, ramifications, controversies, etc. On global scale. Fun stuff. :lol:
It makes the spats from both 'sides' related to autism an insignificant sidepiece.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

06 Mar 2021, 10:42 am

Edna3362 wrote:
carlos55 wrote:
Sadly particularly in the US big Pharma has its element of corruption and is not completely trustworthy. So maybe the next big thing will come elsewhere China perhaps?

Now this I like to see. :twisted:
Because China's research is not as regulated as in it in the west -- where it's very strict if not outright illegal.

From what I've heard, in China, there are already born genetically engineered humans -- and some, it may not even the disease or disability preventing kind.

Lots of ethnical debates, ramifications, controversies, etc. On global scale. Fun stuff. :lol:
It makes the spats from both 'sides' related to autism an insignificant sidepiece.

Yes that will be an issue.

I forgot to mention at the end of last year using advanced AI scientists basically solved the protein folding puzzle that’s taken 50 years to master.

It was a huge thing in science and means drug development that would normally take years in a lab under trial and error can potentially be done on computer in minutes.

Just goes to show over time insurmountable scientific problems can be solved. As they say where there’s a will there’s a way. :D

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-03348-4

- George Bernie Shaw

Fixxer
Veteran
Veteran

17 Mar 2021, 8:28 am

To me, the only "cure" is to learn to be able to get your basic needs met and then, try to see if you can build something from there.

Mona Pereth
Veteran
Veteran

18 Mar 2021, 11:32 am

Edna3362 wrote:

Looking this up, I found: Chinese scientist who produced genetically altered babies sentenced to 3 years in jail by Dennis Normile, Science, Dec. 30, 2019. So it would appear that even China has some ethical issues with the idea of genetically engineered human babies.