Page 4 of 5 [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jaevyn
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

28 Jul 2010, 6:39 pm

It is disgusting. Two months is far too long, especially for a young man who clearly is not mentally fit to survive in the environment he finds himself in now.

NelisMom
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Nov 2010, 8:49 pm

Well now it has been 6 months in solitary confinement. Neli turned 19 in jail in October. His mental capacities have degraded. Life has been a living hell.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

15 Nov 2010, 9:23 pm

Wait wha?

What excuse did they give for solitary.

Out of curiousity have you tried contacting Fox News, they've actually aired reports about teachers abusing kids on the spectrum in the past. I know many people don't like Bretbart, but he has done the same as far as exposing abuse cases.

Bill O'Reilly has gone ballistic before concerning a Police Officer assaulting a paralyzed individual because they wouldn't get out of their wheelchair.

Seriously you may have grounds to file a lawsuit.

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 12:09 am

Is there anything any of us can do to help?

NOT A DOCTOR

Foxx
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Nov 2010, 1:11 am

Inuyasha wrote:
Wait wha?

Out of curiousity have you tried contacting Fox News, they've actually aired reports about teachers abusing kids on the spectrum in the past. I know many people don't like Bretbart, but he has done the same as far as exposing abuse cases.

Bill O'Reilly has gone ballistic before concerning a Police Officer assaulting a paralyzed individual because they wouldn't get out of their wheelchair.

NelisMom: You have grounds to file a lawsuit, however, since it involves a governmental body, it's doubtful you'll win the case, especially under the circumstances, sorry. However I don't know how many witnesses there were, but factoring in your son's AS, the worst that could happen would probably be reduced jailtime.

I agree with Inuyasha's proposal of going to the media, but it depends on what you want. It could help speed things along, but it's kind of a gamble with the media and the ensuing effects...

As for myself, I don't trust the police at all. The problems you all describe are not confined to the US. I have seen friends being treated wrongfully by the police with my own eyes. Nevertheless i'll go light a candle at my local church as well tomorrow...

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 8:03 am

This is racism to a new level that I've seen. I've seen the little racist jokes on TV that I scream at (and annoy my parents by saying that society is low enough to do this), and the little racist jokes at my school (which I violently scream at my classmates for making), but this is generally cruel. Making a dangerous person's search for a black Aspie that may or may not have put the policeman in the hospital for just sitting outside on a bench...that is just wrong, cruel, and prejudiced! The last thing I've read said that he was held in a catatonic state and the boy was unresponsive...he could die of exhaustion, thirst, or starvation! I don't understand this, and the people in this world. My lack of understanding of people has went to a new level.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 4:54 pm

Foxx wrote:
Inuyasha wrote:
Wait wha?

NelisMom: You have grounds to file a lawsuit, however, since it involves a governmental body, it's doubtful you'll win the case, especially under the circumstances, sorry. However I don't know how many witnesses there were, but factoring in your son's AS, the worst that could happen would probably be reduced jailtime.

I agree with Inuyasha's proposal of going to the media, but it depends on what you want. It could help speed things along, but it's kind of a gamble with the media and the ensuing effects...

As for myself, I don't trust the police at all. The problems you all describe are not confined to the US. I have seen friends being treated wrongfully by the police with my own eyes. Nevertheless i'll go light a candle at my local church as well tomorrow...

MSNBC might go for this over the race factor.

Fox News would be likely to go after this over the fact your son has a disability as well as the race factor.

If both Fox News and MSNBC are going after the police on this, people will know something is up because the two News Agencies can't stand each other and rarely agree on anything.

Mindslave
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2010, 5:05 pm

I've only been pulled over by police once, and that just so happened to be the time I was driving with my black friend in the passenger seat. Apparently the cop claimed I "cut him off" but I saw some as*hole swerve behind my car for no reason, and then he pulled up next to me, and...yeah.

Squirrelrat
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

19 Nov 2010, 12:48 am

I kind of hate police. I know that good ones exist, but I strongly suspect that the majority of them chose their jobs because they crave violence and power. I bet this wouldn't have happened if the boy had been any other race or sex. He shouldn't be in any sort of holding center as he didn't do anything wrong.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 1:30 am

This stupidity only happens in America! Honestly, if guns are such a problem, why sell them over the counter at stores! :roll:

The whole country is insane.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 11:48 am

I signed the petition just now.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2010, 1:29 pm

Craig28 wrote:
This stupidity only happens in America! Honestly, if guns are such a problem, why sell them over the counter at stores! :roll:

The whole country is insane.

Actually some of the safest places in the United States have the fewest gun laws. Usually because someone trying to rob a bank or something has no idea whether the tellers, people randomly in the bank to make deposits or withdrawls, heck even the person at the drive thru may be packing. Trying to do an armed hold-up in that situation is just asking to end up filled full of holes.

You usually see more gun crime in places like Chicago, Illinois.

Anyways, this sounds more like the cop was just looking for somebody to bust and shouldn't have been an officer in the first place.

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2010, 6:04 pm

Oh my god! That is so wrong! I get really angry when I read stuff like that! I would sue and I after everything was done I would move! :evil:

MsMom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

07 Feb 2011, 6:47 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am sorry to report that Neli is still in jail after all this time. He is really suffering. We need your help to blast this story any and every where possible. The national networks still won't pick up his story. I don't understand why. I also posted a message on the General Discussion board since that gets a lot of traffic.

Thank you for your support.

Dantac
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2011, 10:53 pm

From the article.. the officer physically attacked him after the kid verbally refused to be treated in a hostile manner and started to walk (not run) away?

That right there is failure of the officer to control a situation without violence. Here in Florida I've seen big guys get all tough on an officer and suddenly get very cooperative when the officer tells them very respectfully but firmly that if they do not comply he will arrest them (and hand goes to his gun holster).

MsMom
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

08 Feb 2011, 8:20 pm

That's exactly what happened. Neli allowed the officer to search him, and no weapon was found. That should have been the end of it, and he should have been allowed to leave. However, the officer continued to harass and attack him.

The officer lied and said that Neli attacked him for no reason. That is ridiculous.

Neli really needs help, so I am trying to spread the word in hopes to reach someone who can help. He is facing serious jail time and he did not do anything wrong.