Page 1 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 223
Location: Maryland

04 Nov 2010, 3:17 pm

I don't like it because I feel it only focuses on the negative sides of autism, but what do you think?



jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,993
Location: 미국

04 Nov 2010, 3:26 pm

The people in it have classic autism, so people are bound to focus on solely the negative aspects.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

04 Nov 2010, 3:28 pm

Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.



jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Dec 2009
Gender: Female
Posts: 20,993
Location: 미국

04 Nov 2010, 3:30 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.


Yep, that one.



nintendogurl1990
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

User avatar

Joined: 23 Oct 2009
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 223
Location: Maryland

04 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.


Yeah. She said she'd rather do that than put her daughter in a public school, but still you NEVER talk about killing your own child, your own flesh and blood, especially when she's in the same room!



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

04 Nov 2010, 3:32 pm

jmnixon95 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.


Yep, that one.


Remind me again why these people are in charge of an autism charity?



AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,291
Location: Houston, Texas

04 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Remind me again why these people are in charge of an autism charity?
Because it's become a self-perpetuating thing whose main function is to raise money---just like a telenvangelist.



AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 26 Apr 2009
Gender: Male
Posts: 7,291
Location: Houston, Texas

04 Nov 2010, 5:19 pm

We should not let the fact that they're doing it wrong prevent us from doing it right.



Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 Dec 2009
Age: 26
Gender: Male
Posts: 11,016

04 Nov 2010, 5:23 pm

WE NEED TO DRIVE YOU ALL OFF BRIDGES FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! GIVE US YOUR MONEY NOW!



oddgirl
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

User avatar

Joined: 2 Oct 2010
Age: 22
Gender: Female
Posts: 75
Location: North Carolina

04 Nov 2010, 6:26 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.


No one deserves a parent who would kill them "for their own good" That woman is so sick and disturbed!



nthach
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,457
Location: SF Bay Area

04 Nov 2010, 11:38 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
WE NEED TO DRIVE YOU ALL OFF BRIDGES FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! GIVE US YOUR MONEY NOW!

I would love to see all of Autism Speaks rounded up into a BART train and controlled via ATC off the end of the line in Fremont, Pleasanton or Pittsburg. They're glorifying autism if you ask me. And if the Comcast-NBC merger goes through, they'll have Comcast's war chest to live off.

Nothing but a bunch of socialite leeches if you ask me.



Delirium
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Posts: 1,808
Location: not here

08 Nov 2010, 5:47 pm

nthach wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
WE NEED TO DRIVE YOU ALL OFF BRIDGES FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! GIVE US YOUR MONEY NOW!

I would love to see all of Autism Speaks rounded up into a BART train and controlled via ATC off the end of the line in Fremont, Pleasanton or Pittsburg. They're glorifying autism if you ask me. And if the Comcast-NBC merger goes through, they'll have Comcast's war chest to live off.

Nothing but a bunch of socialite leeches if you ask me.


1. How is Autism Speaks glorifying autism? If anything they're bashing it.
2. I don't like AS either, but wanting them all to die is a bit much. :/


_________________
I don't post here anymore. If you want to talk to me, go to the WP Facebook group or my Last.fm account.


John_Browning
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 22 Mar 2009
Age: 37
Gender: Male
Posts: 4,456
Location: The shooting range

08 Nov 2010, 6:43 pm

They have gotten a little better. Maybe someday they will come around, but atm they are still a band of gypsies.


_________________
"Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars."
- Unknown

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
-Sigmund Freud


nthach
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 28 Feb 2008
Age: 34
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,457
Location: SF Bay Area

09 Nov 2010, 2:37 am

Delirium wrote:
nthach wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
WE NEED TO DRIVE YOU ALL OFF BRIDGES FOR YOUR OWN GOOD! GIVE US YOUR MONEY NOW!

I would love to see all of Autism Speaks rounded up into a BART train and controlled via ATC off the end of the line in Fremont, Pleasanton or Pittsburg. They're glorifying autism if you ask me. And if the Comcast-NBC merger goes through, they'll have Comcast's war chest to live off.

Nothing but a bunch of socialite leeches if you ask me.


1. How is Autism Speaks glorifying autism? If anything they're bashing it.
2. I don't like AS either, but wanting them all to die is a bit much. :/

By "glorify" they are getting the media bandwagon to attract attention to autism. And celebrities as well - even though I truly think most celebrities really don't give a damn - they're too worried about themselves. And the people who run AS are a bunch of spoiled socialites that have everything they want from their husbands - but yet they need a "cause" to blow their money on. Why not contribute to something that could be cured like cancer or diabetes instead?



Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 12 Jan 2009
Age: 36
Gender: Male
Posts: 9,745

09 Nov 2010, 3:57 pm

nintendogurl1990 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
Isn't this the one where the Autism Speaks women says she'd drive off a bridge with her autistic daughter in the car if it wasn't for her NT daughter?

Disgusting.


Yeah. She said she'd rather do that than put her daughter in a public school, but still you NEVER talk about killing your own child, your own flesh and blood, especially when she's in the same room!


Take both kids away from this nutcase of a woman.