Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 2:24 pm

OK, I'm training to be a psychologist, so I research all I can about certain conditions and diagnostic criteria (as well as figuring out what it means when people say, "Five types of Autism Spectrum Disorders" or something like that), and whenever I search "Asperger's Syndrome" or "ADHD", I usually find ads that run along the lines of, "Cure Autism: Your Child Can Lead a Normal Life" and "Schools for Asperger's". I may just be overreacting, but those ads are mean, stupid, and offensive. They say that people with Autistic Spectrum Disorders can't lead a "normal" life, but they can! They are not idiotic puppets or socially clueless people, but people with real feelings and personalities that are not instilled by culture. Those ads are offensive, and I don't understand why they won't just accept who we are just like we put up with others.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 3:00 pm

Ads in general are stupid, they're usually just a bunch of common keywords put together in any random order to draw traffic to their crappy site anyway. If you want to piss off the owners of such sites, though, click the ads whenever you see them, coz they pay per click :wink:

lelia
Veteran
Veteran

25 Aug 2010, 4:58 pm

Actually I was socially clueless. Today I am partially clueless.