Page 12 of 15 [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Do you respect the right not to be called Autistic?
Yes - Each Individual Should Choose Identity priority and reference. 72%  72%  [ 23 ]
No - Stigmatize freely for political reasons and without respect to personal choice. 28%  28%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 32

HerrGrimm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 8:47 pm

ci wrote:
If something is not understood I'd really appreciate a simple question rather then notions of inferiority which over the years I've learned to just reject. found of fact.

OK, so here is what I am going to do:

Question: Did you accuse Cornflake of not having autism?

YES
NO

I want you in your response to BOLDFACE your answer.

If you did not, boldface NO as your option. If you did not in any way say that, boldface this option.

EDIT: You have a problem, ci. You see, during earlier interrogation I was looking for just one word. When I scanned your replies for that one word and it was not there, I did not even bother to read it. You were basically talking to no one but yourself. I'm not reading your posts; I just want one word.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 10:22 pm

On an anonymous website for discussion between professional football players, if I stated I was a professional football player the other members could take my word for it.

But, if I thought someone might be questioning whether or not I was a professional football player and demanded an answer as to whether or not someone was accusing me of not being one; I wouldn't like it, but there would be nothing objectively wrong with the person saying I don't really know because this is an anonymous website.

The tactful approach would be to say I'll take your word for it, but that is not everyones approach.

I often disagree with Nathan, and have done it paragraphs on end, but in this case, that specific comment about someone identifying with the label of Autism becoming more aware of it, is one that Nathan has repeated more times than I can remember in more ways than I can remember.

And in itself, I see it as a valid opinion, depending on individual circumstance.

Quote:
Once someone is identifying with the disorder they become more aware of the disorder and themselves as having the disorder.

What he is saying here is that the more people think about being autistic as who they are, in this case I am Autistic, instead of I am Nathan, the more likely they are to think about the disorder and themselves as having the disorder. He doesn't think this is a good practice.

Of course not everyone sees Autism as a disorder for themselves and some see it only as difference with positive attributes that they wouldn't change if they could.

I also see this as a valid opinion depending on individual circumstance.

And, there are a variety of opinions between these two opinions.

I too saw the Website that Herrgrimm presented a link to, months ago. I also discussed it with Nathan, and have seen no evidence of Nathan actually directly questioning someone's diagnosis of Autism on the Wrong Planet website.

I wouldn't be surprised if that incident was similiar to this one. There is room for misunderstanding when people with Autism get together to discuss controversial topics.

Many here strongly oppose his opinions as they might have on the other website.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 10:56 pm

To me this is about logic and then there are feelings. I would have to really spend a great deal of time and I already have in the attempt to understand these relevant feelings. The autism is an explanation as well for individuals experiences and lives at times. It is more then a disorder notion in a book. All these other things aside from being a disorder notion such as the social idea of it and emotions relating to social and personal manifest here. It has a different meaning to political people like them. Like a religion with a system of belief.

No matter what individuals cannot evade the right to treatment for absolute remedy to adverse symptoms and attempts to derail them politically have and will continue to fail. Damage has been done but not critical. I feel it is an ethical obligation to see that these rights be protected and it is not a matter of autism and myself with emotions about a label.

The peoples on that site forum were quite entrenched upon my entry in this identity politic. I happen to have not fit there profile of a pride participant. I have no thought of having pride in autism the concept.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

02 Apr 2011, 11:07 pm

^^^ This makes sense. To me this is an explanation as well for individuals experiences and I would have in a religion with emotions about a matter what individual cannot evade the concept. To me this identity politic.

I feel it is an ethical obligation to have no thought of time and lives at times. It is an explanation as well for individuals experiences and emotions relating to fail.

Damage has been done but not a disorder notion in the social idea of having pride participant: I feel it is an ethical obligation to political people.

Like a pride participant? I already have and attempts to understand these rights be protected and then a different meaning to have in the right to really spend a religion with emotions about logic and then a different meaning to treatment advancements and then there are feelings.

The people's on that these relevant feelings. The autism is more then there are feelings.

I already have not fit there profile of time and I already have to have to really spend a disorder notion such as the concept.

I have no thought of having pride in the attempt to see that site forum were quite entrenched upon my entry in the attempt to fail. Damage has a different meaning to social idea of it is an ethical obligation to derail them politically have in this is an ethical obligation to have and myself with emotions relating to derail them politically have no thought of autism is more then a religion with a system of belief.

No matter what individual cannot evade the attempt to treatment advancements and attempts to have and it is not fit there profile of autism is more then a different meaning to treatment advancements and will continue to treatment advancements and lives at times.

It has been done but not fit there profile of autism the right to political people.

Like a pride participant. I already have not fit there profile of it and I already have and personal manifest here. It is an ethical obligation to treatment advancements and attempts to really spend a label.

The people's feelings that these relevant feelings.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 11:09 pm

Are you using a translator and this is the jargon that is coming out.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 11:14 pm

Cornflake wrote:
ci wrote:
bringing up personal matters such as being gay to change the conversion which is a known comparative political issue in autism politics will not entice me to reply to you in-depth.
That's a complete distortion and you know it.

I used the terms black guy, Welsh guy, Indonesian guy, Autistic guy in various examples, and in a later attempt at further illustration I included the phrase "And of course it would be wrong to indicate someone in this way because they happened to be Autistic, in just the same way as if they were gay."
Later I used 'gay' again in the phrase "Seems the most obvious thing to do irrespective of his being Autistic, green, bald or gay."
Later still (with reference to your statement about seeing difference as defect) I said "Equally applicable to being gay, too."

Your response following these uses consisted of (in part) the following dismissive statement: "I reviewed your reply and unless you going to accept that autism is different then the psychosocial issue of being gay and accept autism is a disorder (...)"

Nathan, that is entirely your own invention and I responded with this: "I don't think I like this dismissive tone and I'm well aware of the differences between being Autistic and being gay, thanks. I happen to have first-hand experience in both."

Since then, you've continually attempted to invent the case that I've been using my sexuality as some sort of leverage.
You could just as easily have chosen from my other examples used in an identical context - such as 'black guy', 'Welsh guy', 'Indonesian guy', 'Autistic guy', 'green', 'bald' - yet you choose to fixate on just one one word of the many equally applicable and inflate it out of all context to push your own agenda.
It's a crude diversionary technique and it isn't going to work.

You made the following statement:
ci wrote:
Once someone is identifying with the disorder they become more aware of the disorder and themselves as having the disorder.
I responded with "Are you actually denying my Autism now? Is that really what you're saying here?"
You said in response "This is not for me to determine, not something I can say for sure" - which is the answer to a question I didn't ask.

I asked if you were denying my Autism, and the way in which you are avoiding answering that specific question is becoming a clear answer in itself.

My suggestion is to stay on topic. Again I'm not replying to your attempts to banter around the topic. I'm going to play a little social game with you as you are with me. Autism has nothing to do with being gay. Just drop it.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 11:16 pm

draelynn wrote:
ci wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
My, you've changed over the years.

Yes came from years of experience related to composting manure.

:lol: ... damn,ci... I think I'd like to see that wicked sense of humor a bit more often...

A great back-wind to share when the time is right. I've lit one before and more then hot air rises but so do flames. I saw how to do so on YouTube. The pooh can be fuel too.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 11:18 pm

HerrGrimm wrote:
ci wrote:
If something is not understood I'd really appreciate a simple question rather then notions of inferiority which over the years I've learned to just reject. found of fact.

OK, so here is what I am going to do:

Question: Did you accuse Cornflake of not having autism?

YES
NO

I want you in your response to BOLDFACE your answer.

If you did not, boldface NO as your option. If you did not in any way say that, boldface this option.

EDIT: You have a problem, ci. You see, during earlier interrogation I was looking for just one word. When I scanned your replies for that one word and it was not there, I did not even bother to read it. You were basically talking to no one but yourself. I'm not reading your posts; I just want one word.

If the microwave folks are right whom I also studied then I can transmit that answer to you with the help of the Illuminati. What I mean to say is I am interacting with text on the screen. Nothing else can be assumed for sure.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

02 Apr 2011, 11:26 pm

ci wrote:
draelynn wrote:
ci wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:
My, you've changed over the years.

Yes came from years of experience related to composting manure.

:lol: ... damn,ci... I think I'd like to see that wicked sense of humor a bit more often...

A great back-wind to share when the time is right. I've lit one before and more then hot air rises but so do flames. I saw how to do so on YouTube. The pooh can be fuel too.

Possible needed disclaimer:

Don't try this at home, folks. :wink:

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

02 Apr 2011, 11:55 pm

ci wrote:
Autism has nothing to do with being gay.
I know this and have not asserted or attempted to imply otherwise.
I have shown you how I have not done these things. I have asked you to show me where you believe I have.
Yet you ignore this and keep raising it as if it has some significance. It doesn't, so I suggest that you drop it.

I've already told you Nathan - this crude diversionary technique will not work.
You are deliberately raising a nonsense argument as an obfuscation, and you are trying to hide behind it.
I can still see you.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 12:09 am

Cornflake wrote:
ci wrote:
Autism has nothing to do with being gay.
I know this and have not asserted or attempted to imply otherwise.
I have shown you how I have not done these things. I have asked you to show me where you believe I have.
Yet you ignore this and keep raising it as if it has some significance. It doesn't, so I suggest that you drop it.

I've already told you Nathan - this crude diversionary technique will not work.
You are deliberately raising a nonsense argument as an obfuscation, and you are trying to hide behind it.
I can still see you.

I ain't hiding behind anything. It's about fiber and the cereal. Corn flakes are a good source and manurer is derived. What I am trying to say is the "gay" idea and "autism" have been so misused as well as the whole Nazi thing It turns my brain off to it. Also I have a particular study I would like to get to. I do not want to reply to a heaps of socializing. I am annoyed and I like it short and simple.

I proposed moving on in the conversation and well here we are a few pages later still talking about the same thing. Can we please move on now. Identity, diagnoses and emotions. Evidence is all over the internet and trends exist.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

03 Apr 2011, 12:22 am

ci wrote:
What I am trying to say is the "gay" idea and "autism" have been so misused as well as the whole Nazi thing It turns my brain off to it.
But what's the purpose in stating this? You're just providing support for your own irrelevant assertion.
No-one has raised that issue on this thread except you.

Well done - you're now debating with yourself. :wink:
And congratulations for demonstrating Godwin's Law in action. You win a teddy bear!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 12:23 am

Cornflake wrote:
ci wrote:
What I am trying to say is the "gay" idea and "autism" have been so misused as well as the whole Nazi thing It turns my brain off to it.
But what's the purpose in stating this? You're just providing support for your own irrelevant assertion.
No-one has raised that issue on this thread except you.

Well done - you're now debating with yourself. :wink:
And congratulations for demonstrating Godwin's Law in action. You win a teddy bear!

And I gots a gold star for you.

Next...

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 12:28 am

It is possible some that will review these following statements will feel peer pressure not to agree or reply. What I want is the most unusual thing. Debate it, agree with it or revise it but stick on topic. The baby photo avatar man aghog you have some sensibility yet I suspect you may be socially fearful to reply to this..

ANTI-CURE Modality

It is my theory that sometimes self-esteem is a major part of it and as well as experiences in society of rejection when applicable and that cure is the ultimate form of perceived rejection of self by self and from society. Also other political issues such as prenatal testing and a sublime or self-perceived ethical obligation to define autism as simply a difference as a form of preservation of developing life in potential to be aborted. It is a very interesting concern and I believe the issue should be open for discussion for scientific reasons.

ZeroGravitas
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

03 Apr 2011, 12:59 am

But can't it be a form of preservation of it and as a form of perceived rejection of rejection of self by self and if I were to believe the ultimate form of self by self and a major part of rejection when applicable and a sublime or self-perceived ethical obligation to be aborted?

Some people may indeed think that. But others may say that it is the ultimate form of developing life in society of preservation.

If the issue should be open for discussion for discussion for scientific reasons, then it is my theory that sometimes self-esteem is the issue should be aborted because it is a sublime or self-perceived ethical obligation to define autism as a difference as experiences in society of rejection when applicable and from society.

Because of this, I can't accept those who believe it is the ultimate form of preservation of perceived rejection of developing life in potential to define autism as prenatal testing and that cure is the issue should be aborted.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt156929.html - How to annoy me

ci
Veteran
Veteran

03 Apr 2011, 1:26 am

Alright Wong Tong man. Folks tell me on here if I am speaking the English. So I will spend the time dissecting what you wrote and putting the brain fart in a petri dish to see if the container fogs of the hot air. However I will add to the undeveloped theory and reply again soon to see if others can add to also what you said and what I understand of it.

My reply here is part joke and the joke is a reply that is my here to reply.

Mixed expressive purpose

Talk soon.