Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

imbatshitcrazy
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jan 2011, 11:33 pm

what is your job and how do you rate it? 1-10 (1=terrible, 10=amazing)

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 1:19 am

A drain on the economy. Good work if you can get it. It seems to be a very popular profession now a days.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 1:58 am

My job is classified by the mother ship :D <Laugh Snort>

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 10:49 pm

i'm an unemployed space occupier. the pay isn't much but the hours are great.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

16 Jan 2011, 11:03 pm

The state pays me money for having mental illnesses.

This money keeps me clothed and hygienic and subscribed to World of Warcraft.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 11:05 pm

Verdandi wrote:

i wish to hell that MY state would pay me for MY mental illness!

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 11:15 pm

auntblabby wrote:

If you've been diagnosed by a doctor, you do actually qualify for benefits in Washington State AB. I work with plenty of Aspies in Seattle through my AS socializing group, and quite a few of them have been able to obtain services and benefits through social security, EBT food assistance, medicare coverage, etc. It's not easy, since the state makes you jump through some hoops in order to convince them that you are in fact disabled, but based on the things I've heard you mention on WP I don't imagine that would be a problem for you.

Here's a starting point for you:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4473158_qualify ... state.html

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm

I guess I'm basically getting paid for being brain damaged and having a heart condition. I should probably also be paid for mental illness, but the other stuff was easier to prove. :duh:

And for occasionally helping my semi-disabled parents when they need it.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

17 Jan 2011, 12:15 am

auntblabby wrote:
Verdandi wrote:

What Dox47 said. Go to your local county DSHS office and tell them you want to apply for cash benefits, medical, food stamps, whatever you need. They'll do an intake interview, set you up to have an assessment within a couple of weeks - most likely a psychiatrist, and then make a determination based on that.

I didn't have anything diagnosed (because I am terrible at managing my own health care), but the psych who did the evaluation called me an "obvious case" and I was on benefits less than a month after I applied.

They will also, if they deem you unemployable, help you apply for SSI/SSDI.

apatheticeuphoria
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2011, 12:16 am

Scams, but mostly leeching off society and the citizens who actually go out and work.
I'd give it a 7. Not perfect, cuz there is always that fear of possibly going hungry. That don't happen much when you are as adorable as me and my partner are though. We can almost always get out stomachs full. :lol:

nostromo
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 6:01 am

Sit at work, drink coffee, read the dilbert, text my wife etc. Also when I get motivated I design data networks and voip systems and things like that. Sometimes fix stuff.
Its pretty good, I'd give it an 8.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 7:04 am

imbatshitcrazy wrote:
what is your job and how do you rate it? 1-10 (1=terrible, 10=amazing)

Keep asking and keep looking for your own kind of work in life. Most of my own work has been as a mechanic in a variety of settings, and it has always made me feel useful and necessary -- 8 -- to be able to help keep things moving along for other people.

MrLoony
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 7:57 am

I"m currently doing a whole lot of nothing. I'm trying to start playing poker professionally. Right now, I'd rate it at about a 4. I had some serious setbacks recently. I think when I finally go pro, I'd rate it a 9.

passionatebach
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Jan 2011, 11:19 am

I work in the call center of a well respected national retailer. I would give the job about a 5. While the customers for the most part are ok to deal with, I have a number of problems when it comes to socializing with my co-workers and building a relationship with them.

The workload is what I would call, bi-polar. It can be extremely busy or extremely slow, the work is rarely ever just "steady". They work you tons of overtime when it gets busy and cut your hours to the point of starvation when it gets slow. I also do not like the fact that our hours are based up on our efficency stats, the people that work more efficiency get more hours. With my AS, while i do a good job in resolving our customers issues, I am not the most efficient worker, hence I get screwed on hours when it gets slow. Your benefits are also based upon how much that you work so they come and go from month to month.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:04 pm

Dox47 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

thanx for the link. it is just a matter of me getting all my ducks in a row.

Inuyasha
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2011, 12:19 am

I still have my part-time job, wish I could find a full-time job with insurance benefits. Till then I have to rely on being classified as disabled to be on my parent's insurance.

It is a pain in the neck trying to find a job.