Page 1 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 2:56 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o226nBPF0fM[/youtube]

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 11:38 am

autism pride,your realy being original in your choice of topics.this forum realy needs a couple thousand more post on pride

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 12:46 pm

Yes. The science of pride and how it all works. It is fascinating how some have used anger and the illusion of persecution to create loyalty and purpose. Discrimination does exist but not to the extent they speak of. I think the group does a great deal of harm to the mental health of individuals.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:08 pm

ci wrote:
Yes. The science of pride and how it all works. It is fascinating how some have used anger and the illusion of persecution to create loyalty and purpose. Discrimination does exist but not to the extent they speak of. I think the group does a great deal of harm to the mental health of individuals.
you have made that valid point 1,000,000,000,000,000 times.lets move on to a new subject.the horse died 400 years ago i think its safe to stop beating it

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:10 pm

Yes but after refining the points and coming up with strategies to counter it I'm writing a very short audio book. I am quite proud of myself and take great amounts of pride in my work. I posted the first chapter and it's now on Youtube above.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:20 pm

ci wrote:
Yes but after refining the points and coming up with strategies to counter it I'm writing a very short audio book. I am quite proud of myself and take great amounts of pride in my work. I posted the first chapter and it's now on Youtube above.
so your realy proud that your against pride.wouldnt that be like selling drugs to make money to fight the war on drugs

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:23 pm

I am against manipulative pride. There is a difference between a self-belief and self-resilience in spite of odds and that of a political pride that manipulates the public and harms those who help those that are very much different then the typical pride advocate. Again I recommend you read the paper I will be releasing in about four weeks. After that I won't be on this forum much anymore because I have a large project here. Pride has nothing to do with illegal drugs.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:39 pm

ci wrote:
I am against manipulative pride. There is a difference between a self-belief and self-resilience in spite of odds and that of a political pride that manipulates the public and harms those who help those that are very much different then the typical pride advocate. Again I recommend you read the paper I will be releasing in about four weeks. After that I won't be on this forum much anymore because I have a large project here. Pride has nothing to do with illegal drugs.
no pride has nothing to do with drugs,they analogy was to show hypocracy.ok so your against manipulation,i am too

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:42 pm

The online book is designed with effects and speaking to create an effect. To create balance and civility. Pride has a great intolerance for compassionate creativity designed to help. I think the fact that some self-advocates were insulted at autism isolation awareness is something they should answer to people with autism that are indeed isolated or have experienced isolation. There is a need for a creative even desperate awareness style for that to change lives. I could some it up as those isolated are political prisoners of Ari's and company and that their reality is not worthy of creative articulation and proper resolve.

Last edited by ci on 11 Jun 2011, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:48 pm

ci wrote:
The online book is designed with effects and speaking to create an effect. To create balance and civility. Pride has a great intolerance for compassionate creativity designed to help. I think the fact the some self-advocates were insulted at autism isolation awareness is something they should answer to people with autism that are indeed isolated or have experienced isolation. there is a need for a desperate awareness style for that to change lives. I could cum it up as those isolated are not political prisoners of Ari's and company and that their reality is not worthy of creative articulation or proper resolve.
i dont know enough about the asan to have a response to that.i stronly hope that the asan's arogance isnt hurting anyone

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 1:54 pm

It has and continues to. Awareness has an effect. The people that support him like other college people need to realize this is not a typical rebellion of younger adults. They are tampering with lives and are hindering human rights themselves. They should have to answer to those who are really disabled and not just those that are very mild and instinctively proud as a survival instinct which is misplaced as it is not written on their foreheads. To be deemed inferior somehow the human psyche needs to accommodate. Otherwise there is a risk of survival in potential. I believe psychological evolutionary instinct in pride is misplaced at times or many times. Whereas the reason for a diagnoses is adaptation potential whereas those that are most likely to adapt as the very high functioning are going against the adaptation patterns of those least likely to adapt. It is a self-centered mindedness and quite selfish but should be corrected soon or a proper confrontation will take place and I can guarantee it.

loveandrage
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

11 Jun 2011, 3:57 pm

Ci clearly you are a very arrogant person who was probably raised to believe that you are special and still haven't gotten to the reality of being a second class citizen. All you are doing is being the token gronk that everyone expects. Whopee I have a serious disability but I'm PROUD of it redefining society one sh***y video at a time. Because yeah you know there aren't over a billion videos glorifying an individual's personal point of view....
There is nothing to be proud of when the best life anyone with aspergers can get is living in substandard government housing on a pension, can't get a job, never got an education. 18 months so far without basic health services. 31 years if you count my whole life. Yeah heaps of pride..... I don't need some trumped up self declared activist going around spreading lies that there is no discrimination or trying to personally attack me by making stupid statements such as it isn't as bad as I think - YOU don't know that and you are only being part of the problem by supporting the myth of equality.
First problem that any disabled activist needs to overcome is kapos like you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_(concentration_camp)

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 4:09 pm

loveandrage wrote:
Ci clearly you are a very arrogant person who was probably raised to believe that you are special and still haven't gotten to the reality of being a second class citizen. All you are doing is being the token gronk that everyone expects. Whopee I have a serious disability but I'm PROUD of it redefining society one sh***y video at a time. Because yeah you know there aren't over a billion videos glorifying an individual's personal point of view....
There is nothing to be proud of when the best life anyone with aspergers can get is living in substandard government housing on a pension, can't get a job, never got an education. 18 months so far without basic health services. 31 years if you count my whole life. Yeah heaps of pride..... I don't need some trumped up self declared activist going around spreading lies that there is no discrimination or trying to personally attack me by making stupid statements such as it isn't as bad as I think - YOU don't know that and you are only being part of the problem by supporting the myth of equality.
First problem that any disabled activist needs to overcome is kapos like you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kapo_(concentration_camp)
arrogant is a vast under statement

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 4:59 pm

The idea of over using discrimination claims undervalues the reality of true discrimination. That's the point. Real discrimination exists. If society cannot see the real reality of disability because it is filtered by otherwise very high functioning advocates as simply a stigma and that's a destructive arrogance. Arrogant is not humble, it does not have a humility and it will seek to hideto the reality of disability like it has and like ASAN has done.

Nathan Young

ci
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 5:04 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
loveandrage wrote:
arrogant is a vast under statement

Vermont I don't think you have a solid point of view. First Ari is arrogant but now I am for calling him on it. What are you? Someone that simply does not hold a position, does not seek balance and is an anti-abortion advocate but not an autism anti-abortion advocate. I have taken a look at your point of view and it seems like you tag along until your side can hold control. Ari is not a serious abortion advocate in your mind but he is arrogant in your mind. Yet you want ant-abortion advocacy in autism advocacy to guilt. Abortion politics have no place in these kinds of social activism's in combination otherwise it taints other advocacy. You cannot guilt tax-payers about it and demand tax funding. So you should make up your mind as the type is being classified as a kind of manipulative politic toward the American people.

I stand behind what I say and will go public with it. I do not hide behind the internet. The advocacy styles need revision and risk outcomes.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jun 2011, 5:19 pm

i didnt say ari is not arrogant.when i called you arrogant i was refering to how you talk to people not about your politics.i have no probem with your political view points but how you express them alienates people which will hinder your ability to change minds.i said what i said to make a point to you.the anger from the poster who first called you arrogant came from your expresion of view point not the content of your view point