Page 1 of 4 [ 60 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 2:13 am

Apparently a lot of Autistic folks got really offended by a joke he made in one of his movie reviews.

And to be fair...I don't think the joke was funny, but I wasn't offended. To be fair...I don't even understand what in hell the joke had anything at all to do with Autism, whatsoever. Not well thought-out or executed true, but not all jokes will always be.

Also...I'm kinda hard to offend. Regardless, here's the clip. Decide for yourself:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PaIic9AWcY[/youtube]

And yes, people are pissed off with us over this. To be fair, this time, I don't blame 'em.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 3:08 am

I didn't see anything wrong with that joke. I found it quite funny. :lol: No wonder people hate us, so much. The majority of our population, would blow this joke, out of proportion. :roll:

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 3:18 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I didn't see anything wrong with that joke. I found it quite funny. :lol: No wonder people hate us, so much. The majority of our population, would blow this joke, out of proportion. :roll:

I still wish I understood the proportion for it to be blown out of; I didn't even understand what was supposed to be funny about it..or how it even relates to Autistic folks.

It takes a lot, lot, lot more to insult me than something like this. Ya gotta insult my intelligence, and lemme tell ya, most folks are not up to that task. :lol:

Well, I emailed Doug Walker, and apologized for what happened...and I also slammed the jackass who criticized him for it on his own damn blog.

Seriously...look up "Nostalgia Critic Autism" on Google; you'll find the blog, and where I blasted him for it.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 6:05 am

I am not offended but at the same time "what is so funny ?"

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 6:13 am

Oh for god's sake why do people get so offended over little things like that.
I know it's not laugh out loud, but it's not an offensive joke at all.

And yes I agree with the video "get a sense of humour asspies"

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 6:27 am

MONKEY wrote:
Oh for god's sake why do people get so offended over little things like that.
I know it's not laugh out loud, but it's not an offensive joke at all.

And yes I agree with the video "get a sense of humour asspies"

even if the joke were offensive, who cares?!

As South Park even said it best "either all of it's ok, or none of it's ok"

Here here!

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 7:37 am

I didn't see a joke. Just an inoffensive bloke playing with puppets. I heard what was said, but I can neither see why it's a "joke", nor why it might be offensive. It must be only a minority of people who complained, I can't see anyone being bothered by that.

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 8:24 am

What exactly is the joke???

Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

tinky
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 9:06 am

Interesting...didn't know this.

tinky's WP Mod email account: [email protected]

you may tire of the world but the world will never tire of you

Jono
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 9:15 am

CockneyRebel wrote:

This type of thing doesn't only happen in our population. Some people are just easily offended. That being said, I didn't think this joke was offensive at all.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 11:05 am

Woodpecker wrote:
I am not offended but at the same time "what is so funny ?"

My thoughts exactly.

dalekaspie
Toucan
Toucan

15 May 2010, 11:59 am

i wasnt offended lol, everything deserves to be made fun of

pschristmas
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 12:00 pm

mgran wrote:
I didn't see a joke. Just an inoffensive bloke playing with puppets. I heard what was said, but I can neither see why it's a "joke", nor why it might be offensive. It must be only a minority of people who complained, I can't see anyone being bothered by that.

I'm afraid it sailed right by me, too, as well as the offense. However, please remember, our entire culture seems to have collectively excised its sense of humor and ability to recognize and appreciate satire or parody, as well as their ability to behave like civil human beings. It's not surprising that someone somewhere took offense. :roll:

MarijnR
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 May 2010, 12:41 pm

I too completely missed what was funny and/or offensive in that clip. I'm more offended by the fact that someone thought he/she/they could speak representing all autistics.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 1:53 pm

Well, here's the jackass who wrote in "representing us", and I placed a comment on his page "letting 'im have it":

Advocate of Autism

I'll tell ya, I get annoyed whenever I hear people say how they think this or that censorship is wrong, and then do absolutely nothing about it because--I believe deep down--they're actually in favor of it, and feel bad about what was indeed censored.

Well, if I got something to say I'm gonna say it, and if someone from the Autism community is gonna shoot his/her mouth off about "what's offensive" in the process censoring something, you can damn well bet they're gonna hear it from me...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2010, 2:23 pm

I love sensitive people, they sure love to ruin everything. :roll:

I didn't see how it was a joke and I wasn't offended at all. I didn't find it funny either because I don't see how it was a joke.

EDIT:

I posted these comments on youtube:

Quote:
I didn't see how it was a joke and I didn't see anything offensive about it. Some people are just too sensitive and they bug me because they tend to ruin everything and bully you so companies and people are forced to edit out lines or cut scenes because they got complaints about how "offensive" it was. And I have Asperger's and sensitive people annoy me and they piss me off. I think we need to start telling them to shut up and not let them bully us.

Quote:
I have Asperger's and I do hate sensitive people. I don't get offended easily and I didn't find it funny because I didn't see how it was a joke. But would I get offended and bully him about it? No. I just don't care. Sensitive people ruin everything.