Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Which best describes a similarity to your understanding of the autism acceptance idea?
To accept an individual with autism and embrace who they are regardless of whether they choose a cure to be developed for different symptoms.. 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
To accept autism as simply a difference and concepts such as cure mean non-acceptance. 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 15

ci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:18 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Gedrene wrote:
ci wrote:
Just want to stimulate constructive debate.

No you didn't. You wanted people to agree with you and not raise difficult questions with your beliefs.
gedrene is right,ci you are the master of dodging tough question.if all else fails you will avoid a answer by claiming it a national security issue

I wonder why someone like myself simply cannot have a sense of humor like others. The whole remark of it's classified by the mother ship seems to be clearly a joke and I assured this understanding. Even when I did use the National Security concept I then explained. So what question do you want me to answer?

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

Gedrene wrote:
No you didn't. You wanted people to agree with you and not raise difficult questions with your beliefs.

Bet he would have a far higher compliance rate if people could actually work out what he was preaching.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:53 pm

I don't have the knack of taking things personally all the time. I also cannot explain something if some others don't actually put the energy forward to try by asking specific questions so we might achieve this. There has been at least a few incidences in which a person says they don't understand when it fact it turns out they don't agree. Name calling, put downs and so on just don't to me seem to be honest attempts to derive understanding between people in such a small setting. The few of you don't just do it to me but others who think differently then you.

If you fail to ask specific questions and resort to demeaning another individual yet say you don't understand and it's the fault of someone that thinks differently according to you when I know for a fact others can understand me it seems to be just a bit of a social game of not wanting to understand. Its just a tactic in politics. It just doesn't seem to occur with the vast majority of people I interact with.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2011, 11:16 pm

ci wrote:
I don't have the knack of taking things personally all the time. I also cannot explain something if some others don't actually put the energy forward to try by asking specific questions so we might achieve this. There has been at least a few incidences in which a person says they don't understand when it fact it turns out they don't agree. Name calling, put downs and so on just don't to me seem to be honest attempts to derive understanding between people in such a small setting. The few of you don't just do it to me but others who think differently then you.

If you fail to ask specific questions and resort to demeaning another individual yet say you don't understand and it's the fault of someone that thinks differently according to you when I know for a fact others can understand me it seems to be just a bit of a social game of not wanting to understand. Its just a tactic in politics. It just doesn't seem to occur with the vast majority of people I interact with.

Ci

You will have a great time on this site when you are the only poster.

Take a good look at yourself.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:19 pm

oh I won't be around for the life of this website. It has many many years to go..

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

17 Aug 2011, 11:40 pm

ci wrote:
oh I won't be around for the life of this website. It has many many years to go..

Please PM me when you decide to stop crayoning on this site.

Until then, please do not be offended if I disregard everything that you post.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:50 pm

I don't much mind if you disregard it I am not trying to get people to speak to me when they do not want to. Obviously not everyone on the website is expected to answer a post I make. The same with search engine marketing you key in to capture the interest you desire and of that interest group some bother to reply. That's just how it works.

A declaration that you disregard seems to be more about yourself then my intents.

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2011, 12:00 am

ci wrote:
I don't much mind if you disregard it I am not trying to get people to speak to me when they do not want to. Obviously not everyone on the website is expected to answer a post I make. The same with search engine marketing you key in to capture the interest you desire and of that interest group some bother to reply. That's just how it works.

A declaration that you disregard seems to be more about yourself then my intents.

Ci

It is a good job that the Taxpayer supports you as a "PR professional".

Left to your own devices you would starve.

You are rude, arrogant, dogmatic and lack tolerence or empathy.

You also insist on the last word.

In fact, I suspect that you are my ex wife's sock puppet!

ci
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 12:04 am

You sound like those people some people with autism complain about. That we lack empathy. However knowing you do not know me but rather the X wife and you declared my being akin to her maybe she was right about somethings? Not that I am anti-women but even sometimes women are wrong as well as I. If I lack empathy then I will work on it but until then I have a very strong compassion. In my right to be part of the community I have reached thousands and in my right to be free I have challenged a lack of change.

I am perfectly happy in what I do and how I do it and tomorrow is another day to keep at it.

Gallowglass
Toucan
Toucan

18 Aug 2011, 12:09 am

ci wrote:
I am perfectly happy in what I do and how I do it and tomorrow is another day to keep at it.

You are unique in that regard.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 8:31 am

ci wrote:

You will one day seek out our point of view sincerely and find yourself rudely mistaken.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 1:42 pm

Yes some have and have regretted it. Once it evolves beyond the social hostilities and creation of instability I think it might be then entirely something different.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 8:09 am

ci wrote:
Yes some have and have regretted it. Once it evolves beyond the social hostilities and creation of instability I think it might be then entirely something different.

I think you misrepresent my views in the hope of furthering your own. I have nothing else to say on this thread. Make a personal message if you want to end it.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 12:29 pm

There is no need. I have my own views and I'll stick to them and work with the people whom are around me.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 3:00 pm

ci wrote:
There is no need. I have my own views and I'll stick to them and work with the people whom are around me.

You can keep your views. The problem is that you insist on blowing up everyone else's by trying to compare them to blind extremists and then shoving your own views down their throats.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2011, 4:38 pm

Nope.. More manipulation by you when in fact I've argued time and time again that everyone be respected in their views and not to have views forced on others. That was the intention of the Neurodiversity post. Just the opposite of your claims and evidence is clear on that.