Page 3 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

ci wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Issues do not conflict; people do.

Well yes and kind of. I would really like to be friendly in this reply. I am blunt.

Here it is...

Self-esteem can conflict with the truth of the disability of autism at times..

Then some others are not advocated for because people complain that it does not reflect how they are.

Yet the most social are online in these forums and not the most disabled.

In the social justice sense it doesn't quite seem fair but that does not mean self-esteem is not important..

I am not sure if this post is appropriate for this discussion.

I'm not sure either.

Basically, we can't allow anyone to negatively dominate a forum, no matter their functioning level.

If there is a lack of inclusion support, that really isn't a matter that I have much power over. I don't feel that it's a problem. 99% of our users are capable of using the forum without causing too many problems.

There are a few who need help or banning... or both. Unfortunately, limits on resources and skills often dictate which.

Perhaps wrong planet is not the place for people with extreme behavioural or psychological issues, they would need more skilled support than a part time moderator can provide.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 6:56 pm

Moog wrote:

I believe you're complaining about me. If not, my bad.

I don't think I've behaved at all unreasonably. I have merely stated how I am seeing things, and am attempting to create a base level of decorum in this forum.

While we must follow the letter of the law, there is also the spirit, and the matter is that one or two people are making this forum into some kind of war den, which is not its intended purpose.

I believe it is a moderators job to attempt to help foster an environment (reasonably) suitable for all its (law abiding) users.

'Credibility' is in the eye of the beholder, and pretty much irrelevant. It is my opinion that you've blown any credibility you might have had or created with your behaviour, and that's not an attack, that's information.

You've been trying to leverage your 'credibility' in order to somehow influence us, and we haven't bought it at all. Sorry

Sensitive issues are allowed to be discussed, but acting like barbarians about them isn't. Pure and simple.

We are not taking sides. We are attempting to address problems. You've been a constant problem magnet on this site for about as long as I've been a moderator, and we've shown you much tolerance.

If Alex wants to can me over this, then my understanding of reality will be proved to be much less solid than your own.

I shouldn't lose any sleep about that particular risk factor Moog...it's not even perceptable...and I am really glad you said all of this because somebody had to.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:04 pm

I believe the reply was out of line. I don't receive behavioral supports as I've discussed because of mental health but rather sensory integration and skills. I think you are clearly breaking the rules in your reply and it's down right demeaning Moog not just toward myself but others with behavioral disabilities as defined by autism criterion. Though I appreciate you might be misunderstanding my approach I figure my perspective might not be in line with the political aspirations as defined originally by W.P as it conducted itself. I realized this but I think the public ought to be educated with regards to the differences in advocacy-by individuals with different diagnoses one being Asperger's and the other the original autism category. I'm not the only one who thinks this but we are usually keeping it to ourselves in the midst of political groups having online forums like this and speak in private. I only ask that you follow the rules as well.

Moderators should not take sides but see the rules narrowly as it applies to everyone.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:07 pm

ci wrote:
I already have and this is the correct forum but not perhaps the right topic.

Ci, can you take a suggestion?

Think of it as an exercise in learning PR, because it will help you with that.

*Don't start any more threads for a few days,
*Read other people's threads,
*See if you have any response to what they have said
*If you have a response, write it down in notepad
*Edit it until it is clear and civil enough to be a press release
*Post it

...and do that every single time...prove to yourself and everyone else that you can have a fair and reasonable discussion.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

The problem Z is hostilities are abound. Hostilities are rewarded even. Rules do not apply to those most in favor of popular appeal toward peers. If the rules apply more to some then others then how can those it applies more to actually make their case? This is not all my fault. If the rules were really followed we'd see only those who do not follow them as obviously standing out but it seems as this is politics that's just part of the behavior.

I will make some more posts with a very refined method of reproach and seeking certain participation styles. However it is unlikely people will participate. People thrive on emotions and these issues.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

Last edited by ci on 12 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:12 pm

ci wrote:
I believe the reply was out of line. I don't receive behavioral supports as I've discussed because of mental health but rather sensory integration and skills. I think you are clearly breaking the rules in your reply and it's down right demeaning Moog. Though I appreciate you might be misunderstanding I figure my perspective might not be in line with the political aspirations as defined originally by W.P. I realized this but I think the public ought to be educated with regards to the differences in advocacy. I'm not the only one who thinks this but we are usually keeping it to ourselves in t he midst of political groups having online forums like this. I only ask that you follow the rules as well.

It's not easy to misunderstand you. I attempted to address what I thought you were saying.

I have no political affilations. If that's what you're hinting at.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:14 pm

Moog wrote:
ci wrote:
I believe the reply was out of line. I don't receive behavioral supports as I've discussed because of mental health but rather sensory integration and skills. I think you are clearly breaking the rules in your reply and it's down right demeaning Moog. Though I appreciate you might be misunderstanding I figure my perspective might not be in line with the political aspirations as defined originally by W.P. I realized this but I think the public ought to be educated with regards to the differences in advocacy. I'm not the only one who thinks this but we are usually keeping it to ourselves in t he midst of political groups having online forums like this. I only ask that you follow the rules as well.

It's not easy to misunderstand you. I attempted to address what I thought you were saying.

I do not want to make this thread into a back and forth dispute. I want to talk to you privately about it.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:16 pm

ci wrote:
The problem Z is hostilities are abound. Hostilities are rewarded even. Rules do not apply to those most in favor of popular appeal toward peers. If the rules apply more to some then others then how can those it applies more to actually make their case? This is not all my fault. If the rules were really followed we'd see only those who do not follow them as obviously standing out but it seems as this is politics that's just part of the behavior.

I will make some more posts with a very refined method of reproach and seeking certain participation styles. However it is unlikely people will participate. People thrive on emotions and these issues.

Is that why you're creating so much havoc? Because you can't get people to engage with you when you don't insult/offend/browbeat/annoy people?

I would seriously rethink that strategy.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:19 pm

ci wrote:
Moog wrote:
ci wrote:

I do not want to make this thread into a back and forth dispute. I want to talk to you privately about it.

You'll have to wait, I need sleep.

Write me if you want, but please try to keep it concise, I have the ADHD

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:20 pm

ci wrote:

Ci, you cannot ever hope to control anybody's behaviour but your own.

People may give you more attention when provoked, but that doesn't mean that are any more interested in, or even hearing what you are saying, they are just interested in putting you in your place...what does that achieve for you?

A big, fat nothing in every real sense if you stop and think about it.

Honestly I do not even read your threads and posts...because I know they are just going to be semantic bunfights and I have no interest in watching that at all.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:21 pm

Many of these issues already are about people being insulted, offended and a long history already exists with that outside of my interaction and participation with it. I'm not at fualt for issues that conflict with one another. My goal has been to show the rationale behind the historical conflict on a personable level right here in the now. Covering sensitive topics is not against the rules. For doing so others have attacked me in very unrelated matters on this forum. I can say now that an intention may be so unpopular due to hard held beliefs that is seems unreasonable to some but the rules have been broken abound. Don't blame the people who are not going along with the peer pressure politics when other break the rules so very openly.

It may not be a popular business strategy for W.P to cater to all views. If that's the case state it.

I welcome you to oversee the next few topics.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:25 pm

Ci, here's a good idea for a thread that would be likely to get a positive response:

"How can I be a better autism advocate?: AKA raising awareness without raising blood pressure"

I think it would be useful all round.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:27 pm

If that means excluding the reality of others in the disability they experience for social peer pressure we have a problem. Not just ethical but that of moral and inciting civil rights violations against the most vulnerable. I am approaching this matter like others with the big picture approach.

Let's see how it goes Mr. Moog.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:29 pm

ci wrote:
I'm not at fualt for issues that conflict with one another.

You are very quick to dump responsibility on other people and other things you probably could take responsibility for, and find more positive forms of expression about controversial issues.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:31 pm

ci wrote:
If that means excluding the reality of others in the disability they experience for social peer pressure we have a problem. Not just ethical but that of moral and inciting civil rights violations against the most vulnerable. I am approaching this matter like others with the big picture approach.

Let's see how it goes Mr. Moog.

I don't really see what asking for some advice has to do with civil rights violations, but okay.

ci
Veteran
Veteran

12 Sep 2011, 7:40 pm

The point is everyone has the responsibility to act accordingly to the rules. Issues in of themselves if brought forth on this forum because of their nature would violate the rules. Bringing them up because of how personal they are would violate the rules. However the compromise is when issues are made personal toward individual members and person to person unrelated insults come about that should be a violation of the rules for sure. If one chooses to be insulted over the idea of a cure and it is taken personally as an insult and put down that's a violation of the rules. The same is true when others call wanting a cure pity of any sort of context as this has been the peer pressure put down tolerated for years calling others curebee and other indirects toward the self-esteem for wanting a cure. These politics do not comply with the "rules".

I just don't understand how I and others can follow the rules always. I want you to see a few subject for yourself and see it's evolution. I think this is only reasonable.