Page 1 of 5 [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:19 am

This forum is becoming the cesspit of WP with ongoing personal feuds and childish name calling and insulting behaviour. Other moderators have made several warnings here recently and they do not appear to have been heeded.

I don't care who started it. The only thing I care about is that it stops. This isn't a school playground, though it gives the semblance of being one sometimes. If you are unable to take part in heated discussions without resorting to personal abuse then don't post.

No more warnings. Any more breaches of site rules in this forum will result in accounts being suspended or banned outright.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:38 am

Not that I visit or follow this part of the WP forum, TallyMan, but I believe that suspension doesn't come into it. Warn them of breaches, and if they do not cease engaging in egregious breaches of the rules, then ban them. Suspension only works on those who want to change.

For those of you here who remember me as a moderator, even though I am not one any more, I support TallyMan in this line of action.

On sabbatical...

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:39 am

I would like to thank you and say how much I appreciate the work that you do. Let's make this sub forum enjoyable for all. :)

Kanye West 2020

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

ci
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 5:18 am

It would be very nice not to be called idiot and so on. In figuring out issues and protesting polar views there needs to be a reasonable approach to figuring out how others think and how to make differences in views in how they have evolved more compatible. For years people were called names like curebe as a put down (over 100,000 times on Google in relation to autism) and in these alike forums for wanting a cure for debilitating symptoms for instance. If forums such as these can allow differences of viewing autism in a social environment progressing civil discourse rather then a political battle field then I believe progress can be made that fundamentally realizes and enables mutual progresses and potentials.

The peer politics creating intolerance toward compassion is coming to an end. Pity accusations, indifferent advocacy against isolation awareness and for pride in an image of autism is injustice. http://www.autismselfadvocacynetwork.com

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2011, 10:26 am

I suggest that this thread be made a sticky.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 10:31 am

I suggest that PPR be closed entirely, and that any discussions of philosophy, politics, or religion that pop up elsewhere be locked.

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 11:18 am

AlanTuring wrote:
I suggest that this thread be made a sticky.
They do have a thread like that already. In the end it is a problem of the here and now and the mods intend to solve it.

Wraythen
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

"Becoming"?

Not having a go at you or anything, but it's been this way for aaaaaages.

Submit to the whims of your subconscious.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 12:29 pm

I do not think that philosophy, politics, or religion should be off limits.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 12:59 pm

Woodpecker wrote:

Maybe ... maybe not ... there are certainly a few people who can not quite grasp the concept of having civil discussions in those threads.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:01 pm

Fnord wrote:
Woodpecker wrote:

Maybe ... maybe not ... there are certainly a few people who can not quite grasp the concept of having civil discussions in those threads.

Those people just shouldn't go to that section.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:04 pm

League_Girl wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Woodpecker wrote:
Those people just shouldn't go to that section.

Right ... but who or what is to stop them?

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:15 pm

Well I am shocked that I have stirred up so much discussion.

But I think that it is equally possible to have a polite and reasonable discussion of philosophy, politics, or religion as it is to have a discussion about anything else. Equally I think it is possible for people to get nasty with a discussion of any topic, some topics however do attract trolls and also raise people's anger. While other topics do not normaly provoke strong feelings.

For example I have never heard of an angry debate about pi for example.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:42 pm

Woodpecker wrote:
I have never heard of an angry debate about pi for example.

That wouldn't be rational. :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 1:59 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Woodpecker wrote:
I have never heard of an angry debate about pi for example.
That wouldn't be rational. :P

But it would be transcendent, right?

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2011, 3:52 am

Sedisp is clearly here to troll and has been banned.