Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 3:52 pm

It seems that the Moderators have, against the grain of precedent, given Vermont a role of responsibility after he had asked for one! This is I feel a very brave use of initiative on the part of the Mods and whoever finally made the decision I thank you for doing so! I can only hope that you feel that your placement of vermont as trial oversight will be vindicated quickly.

I am also thankful that WrongPlanet's moderators have worked so closely with this forum, reining in many members at will (myself included) and I feel that this special position that vermontsavant has been given will help to deal with the dysfunctional idiosyncracies of this forum!

My personal feelings were that vermont would always been an even hand, although no matter your own views of myself I am sure you will all join me in celebrating his elevation to the role of liason and hope that he will, no matter who he is keeping an eye on, be even-handed and fair. Indeed I have no reason to think otherwise!

Congratulations vermontsavant.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 3:59 pm

I, for one, welcome our liaison overlord!

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Zeraeph
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 4:13 pm

I guess this is a good place to say goodbye (no, it's ok vermontsavant, no need to check under your armpits - you washed - it's not about you - honest :) ).

My only real purpose here has always been to deflect the use of the forum to promote "Autism Speaks" and similar, I usually would not hang around this long, and I guess I only did for the most common, covert, reason of all - because there is something very different in my real life I should be doing instead. (Who knew? :wink: )

As long as I stick around two negative things will happen:
1. I will not get on with the thing I am supposed to be doing instead, which really is exceptionally important (as saving the planet goes).
2. Whatever I post Gedrene will not be able to sleep properly until he has found a way to force me into the very kind of circular argument that this forum needs rid of....and as you can appreciate, a growing boy needs his sleep. :D

Seriously, it's an insurmountable personality clash. I am like a red rag to a bull to Gedrene - I don't think he could leave it alone if his life depended on it, and he needs this forum and I don't, so it's for me to go particularly as I have so much else to do anyway.

So take care of yourselves, and just try to learn how stimulating it is to exchange ideas rather than score points off each other for the heck of it...just try it for a few days...you can always go back if you really hate it. :D

Sayonara...

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 4:31 pm

hey everyone.i came up with this idea last weekend because we saw a lot of people being banned and i did want fear of repremand to stop free exchange of idea's.I also saw out of control behavior and i know the moderators have to protect all members from cyber abuse.so i thought a forum liason could straighten out problems before action had to be taken.i wont ban anyone or lock posts but hopefuly can mediate issues before it has to come to that.if you want to talk just send a PM or email.i will put an email next to my name this weekend.my profile has my website which has a business phone if you need to talk right away.i drive for work so i cant always email on the smart phone.i want this forum to keep its edge and have strong opinions.free expresion of idea's it what separates us from autism speaks

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 5:01 pm

Zeraeph wrote:
I guess this is a good place to say goodbye (no, it's ok vermontsavant, no need to check under your armpits - you washed - it's not about you - honest :) ).

My only real purpose here has always been to deflect the use of the forum to promote "Autism Speaks" and similar, I usually would not hang around this long, and I guess I only did for the most common, covert, reason of all - because there is something very different in my real life I should be doing instead. (Who knew? :wink: )

As long as I stick around two negative things will happen:
1. I will not get on with the thing I am supposed to be doing instead, which really is exceptionally important (as saving the planet goes).
2. Whatever I post Gedrene will not be able to sleep properly until he has found a way to force me into the very kind of circular argument that this forum needs rid of....and as you can appreciate, a growing boy needs his sleep. :D

Seriously, it's an insurmountable personality clash. I am like a red rag to a bull to Gedrene - I don't think he could leave it alone if his life depended on it, and he needs this forum and I don't, so it's for me to go particularly as I have so much else to do anyway.

So take care of yourselves, and just try to learn how stimulating it is to exchange ideas rather than score points off each other for the heck of it...just try it for a few days...you can always go back if you really hate it. :D

Sayonara...
im not sure why you want to leave,because dicent is esential for a free exchange of ideas.i hope you change you mind,i know your having issues with one person but there is 50,000 members and i lot of stuff to do.anyhow if your realy saying goodbye than good luck

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2011, 6:12 pm

vermontsavant - :D

I am delighted. I think this will be great for you, for this subforum, for WP, and the mods.

Win, win, win, win!

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Sep 2011, 6:13 pm

Zeraeph wrote:

I really wish you'd reconsider.

:(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

This calls for a celebration! :D