slavery in america-the connection with autism speaks+quacks

Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 12:32 pm

[ Text deleted at OP's request. Cornflake ]

Last edited by aspie48 on 07 Nov 2011, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JSNS
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Nov 2011, 12:49 pm

how do they use us as cash cows?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 12:51 pm

I hate Autism Speaks but I must say, this thread is utter BS.

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 1:30 pm

I'm sorry, what?

Please don't belittle the injustices and suffering faced by slaves in America. That's not cool. Any time Autism Speaks is compared to Nazis and slave owners it is a slap in the face to Jews and African Americans. Also, it is a poor argument that only serves to make Autism Speaks look good.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 2:44 pm

autism speaks is supported by many psychs and asylums. that where most of their money comes from in fact. these people are abusive or neglecting autistics and taking money from their families or public funds to pay for bad programs. thats what quacks do.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 2:48 pm

aspie48 wrote:
autism speaks is supported by many psychs and asylums. that where most of their money comes from in fact. these people are abusive or neglecting autistics and taking money from their families or public funds to pay for bad programs. thats what quacks do.

Most of their money comes from public donations and corporations who, ironically, want to make themselves look like they're doing good by helping charities. Mind showing me evidence asylums are involved with Autism Speaks?

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:36 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
aspie48 wrote:

Most of their money comes from public donations and corporations who, ironically, want to make themselves look like they're doing good by helping charities. Mind showing me evidence asylums are involved with Autism Speaks?

Most of their money comes from psychs and asylums? There is a link between Autism Speaks and slavery?

What in the world are you talking about?

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:38 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
aspie48 wrote:

Most of their money comes from psychs and asylums? There is a link between Autism Speaks and slavery?

Please don't quote my post when you say that. I'm on your side here.

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:48 pm

well here:
http://www.kintera.org/faf/error/errorE ... 33396F524C
they disabled it because it was getting bad press but it was in front of the hartford connecticut asylum, sponsored by the hartford ct asylum.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:53 pm

Just because an organisation sponsored one of Autism Speaks' stupid walks (and since all you've shown me is an error page, I only have your word to go by on that), doesn't mean that's where they get most of their money :roll:

Oh lord, am I actually defending these as*holes? 8O

aspie48
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 3:58 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Just because an organisation sponsored one of Autism Speaks' stupid walks (and since all you've shown me is an error page, I only have your word to go by on that), doesn't mean that's where they get most of their money :roll:

ok here it still shows up partially on the google result page. https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sou ... off&source i will have to research some better proof because they took that page down. aholes.

EDIT to avoid confusion it is the second one down after the ads

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:
aspie48 wrote:

Please don't quote my post when you say that. I'm on your side here.

Oops, I meant to add that I second your request for evidence.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:03 pm

aspie48 wrote:
Asp-Z wrote:

ok here it still shows up partially on the google result page. https://www.google.com/search?gcx=w&sou ... off&source i will have to research some better proof because they took that page down. aholes.

EDIT to avoid confusion it is the second one down after the ads

One sponsored walk does not the provider of most of their money make.

Tambourine-Man, no probs :)

Tambourine-Man
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:10 pm

aspie48 wrote:

This is exactly the kind of criticism that is not constructive. I could easily say, " Autism Speaks is evil cuz they make all their money by selling non-verbal autistic 12 year olds as sexual slaves to the CEOs McDonalds in Thailand. It's true. I heard it from someone who read it on the Internet but the link is disabled now." Someone might actually believe me, but the majority of people glancing over these forums would think that Autism Speaks critics are out of their minds. Point for Autism Speaks.

Over on AFF I gathered questions from the members of the forum, submitted them to Dana Marnane and posted the answers. I was then attacked and eventually banned from the forums for having been an undercover employee of Autism Speaks all along. Any one with an ounce of sense can see that this is bogus. Point for Autism Speaks.

The more paranoia, false accusations, and mindless hostility is directed towards Autism Speaks the more points they score, and the worse autistics look.

Sometimes I think these critics are working for Autism Speaks, because they give them so much great publicity.

Asp-Z
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

Tambourine-Man wrote:
aspie48 wrote:

This is exactly the kind of criticism that is not constructive. I could easily say, " Autism Speaks is evil cuz they make all their money by selling non-verbal autistic 12 year olds as sexual slaves to the CEOs McDonalds in Thailand. It's true. I heard it from someone who read it on the Internet but the link is disabled now." Someone might actually believe me, but the majority of people glancing over these forums would think that Autism Speaks critics are out of their minds. Point for Autism Speaks.

Over on AFF I gathered questions from the members of the forum, submitted them to Dana Marnane and posted the answers. I was then attacked and eventually banned from the forums for having been an undercover employee of Autism Speaks all along. Any one with an ounce of sense can see that this is bogus. Point for Autism Speaks.

The more paranoia, false accusations, and mindless hostility is directed towards Autism Speaks the more points they score, and the worse autistics look.

Sometimes I think these critics are working for Autism Speaks, because they give them so much great publicity.

A very good point.

Fighting Autism Speaks is good, but we need to be constructive on how we go about it. Spreading misinformation and making ourselves look bad isn't helping anyone but them.

aghogday
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2011, 5:21 pm

Asp-Z wrote:
Tambourine-Man wrote:
aspie48 wrote:

A very good point.

Fighting Autism Speaks is good, but we need to be constructive on how we go about it. Spreading misinformation and making ourselves look bad isn't helping anyone but them.

I think that is a very reasonable perspective. I try to look at it from an objective point of view. If I was to actually support an organization financially it would be one of the smaller groups that provides direct support in my local community area.

However, Autism Speaks has very deep pockets and a great deal of influence in the US among other corporations and the government. The new HP project is an example of organizations coming together, to provide some concrete help to autistic people.

Autism Speaks is a part of many separate efforts combined with many other organizations, some of which have no negative history to speak of at all. Most of us aren't in a position to provide a whole lot of financial support, so constructive criticism to an organization that has the ability to make a difference, doesn't seem to be a losing proposition.