Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tokiodarling21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Mar 2012, 3:08 am

I discovered this ad while watching American Idol tonight. It was Billy Joel night Sean "Diddy" Combs was mentoring the contestants and Tommy Hilfiger was giving them fashion tips. But while we're on the subject of that let's get back to the ad:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gaINvQClmA[/youtube]
It seems that Tommy Hilfiger supports Autism Speaks.

Is anyone seeing a pattern here? First Toni Braxton with her talking about odds of winning a grammy or whatever with the instrumentals of "Unbreak my heart" playing in the background. Now we get Tommy Hilfiger talking about odds of making it big in the fashion industry. the two ads both have one major flaw, they advertise the prevalence as being 1 in 110 now. last I heard, It should have been 1 in 91 because Aspies and adults on the spectrum who were undiagnosed before are now being counted.
This is very weird that Autism Speaks would do this.
But anyway, I know now when ever I go to Macy's to buy a shirt, jacket or a pair of jeans. It won't have the Tommy Hilfiger brand on it.

LennytheWicked
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 5:56 am

They're using an advertising technique called 'testimony.' It's also a logical fallacy. Lol?

Anyways, if these famous people want to support help for families with Autism, cool. They should pick a better charity.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2012, 1:17 pm

Jory's faith in humanity -1