Page 4 of 7 [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:07 pm

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
I did some volunteer work that required me to participate in some 'activities'. I could perform those 'activities' without having 'any' prior exposure to them. I have a feeling I may have surprised a few people.
-------------------------

I believe in the heterogeneity of Autists influenced by both genetics and environment, as much as, I believe in the heterogeneity of non-Autists influenced by both genetics and environment.

When science finds away to alter the brains of cognitive delayed non-Autistics, inorder to; 'share' the advantages of the typically developing brains of their non-Autistic brethren then research will have advanced enough to offer the Autist a choice.

IF science wants to 'tap' into certain abilities, there are more than enough genius level non-autist in which to study. Once science is able to endow the atypically developing non-autistic(who wants them) with above average or genius level ability through the latest technological innovations then Autist may have a choice.

TheSunAlsoRises

And what makes you think these cognitive delayed non-autistics want anyone tampering in their brain in order to 'share the advantages' of their brain. Really this is ridiculous.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:12 pm

What I'm saying IS, Dalurker's point is mute. The research is not there.

The point of my post was to imply what must be in place at this very moment in order to begin to even consider dealing with the 'brain wiring' of the Autist.

TheSunAlsoRises

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:13 pm

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:

The point of my post was to imply what must be in place at this very moment in order to begin to even consider dealing with the 'brain wiring' of the Autist.

TheSunAlsoRises

you mean eliminating the brain wiring and replacing it with neurotypical brain functioning is what it seems.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm

sweetleaf wrote:

Quote:
you mean eliminating the brain wiring and replacing it with neurotypical brain functioning is what it seems.

I mean, giving non -autistics the same choice as autistics as defined by dalurker, FIRST.

There are similar situations within the spectrum of non-autists THAT science can experiment with, FIRST.

TheSunAlsoRises

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

19 Apr 2012, 11:57 pm

if neurotypicals whish tobe cured they first must recognize the super human autistic brain.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:13 am

If you have not seen this movie, check it out. It's called Charly. This movies gives a very close visual interpretation of what i was talking about in my posts.

The book is called Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes. When neuro-science is able to accomplish what is depicted in this movie and book then theoretically the autist may have a choice. The ending is extremely interesting, definitely a possibility. I highly recommend it. It's 11 parts on you tube.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AeSf5QDEmQ[/youtube]

TheSunAlsoRises

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:22 am

androbot2084 wrote:
if neurotypicals whish tobe cured they first must recognize the super human autistic brain.

In my opinion, the autist brain is not superhuman; the wiring and one day the structure will be proven different as technology advances.

TheSunAlsoRises

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 1:35 am

androbot2084 wrote:

My super human brain put my pants on inside out this morning.
Thankfully, I noticed before I walked out of the house.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

edgewaters
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 3:03 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
The book is called Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes.

That used to be in the curriculum for high school English, here. Maybe it still is, I don't know.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:19 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
sweetleaf wrote:
Quote:

I mean, giving non -autistics the same choice as autistics as defined by dalurker, FIRST.

There are similar situations within the spectrum of non-autists THAT science can experiment with, FIRST.

TheSunAlsoRises

So you want everyone to have their brains made to be exactly the same so they will all be capable of the exact same things and good at the exact same things? Also I think they might have a hard time finding people to volunteer for having such tampering done with their brains, especially when they cannot even isolate anything specific in the brain that causes certain traits.......typically a combination of various biological factors cause mental disorders such as autism, so if they can't even find out the exact cause of that.....how are they going to find out the specific things that causes people to have different skills & abilities or whatever? I mean they are no where near ready to start experimenting on live humans with this.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
sweetleaf wrote:
Quote:

TheSunAlsoRises

So you want everyone to have their brains made to be exactly the same so they will all be capable of the exact same things and good at the exact same things? Also I think they might have a hard time finding people to volunteer for having such tampering done with their brains, especially when they cannot even isolate anything specific in the brain that causes certain traits.......typically a combination of various biological factors cause mental disorders such as autism, so if they can't even find out the exact cause of that.....how are they going to find out the specific things that causes people to have different skills & abilities or whatever? I mean they are no where near ready to start experimenting on live humans with this.

Nope. I want people to have choices. However, I propose hypothetically THAT 'any re-wiring of the brain" can be researched and performed on those (who may want it done) on the non-autistic spectrum, FIRST.

In addition:

TheSunAlsoRises:
Quote:

Your last sentence, is basically what i am trying to convey.

TheSunAlsoRises

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:40 am

TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
sweetleaf wrote:
Quote:

TheSunAlsoRises

Nope. I want people to have choices. However, I propose hypothetically THAT 'any re-wiring of the brain" can be researched and performed on those (who may want it done) on the non-autistic spectrum, FIRST.

In addition:

TheSunAlsoRises:
Quote:

TheSunAlsoRises

Alright though I disagree with the idea of everyones brain being made to function the same, so I am not exactly dissapointed technology is not that advanced.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:41 am

Neurotypicals love to say that autism is mental disorder .

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 11:46 am

androbot2084 wrote:
Neurotypicals love to say that autism is mental disorder .

maybe that is because it is a mental disorder, hence the reason some of us on the spectrum it actually does cause some difficulties, as much as you'd like to deny it.

androbot2084
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:01 pm

Neurotypicals love to tell me that I am in denial. Yesterday a neurotypical boss slammed me because I forgot my name.

TheSunAlsoRises
Veteran
Veteran

20 Apr 2012, 12:02 pm

Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
Sweetleaf wrote:
TheSunAlsoRises wrote:
sweetleaf wrote:
Quote:

TheSunAlsoRises

In addition:

TheSunAlsoRises:
Quote:

TheSunAlsoRises

Alright though I disagree with the idea of everyones brain being made to function the same, so I am not exactly dissapointed technology is not that advanced.

I enjoy uniqueness and individuality, too. Hopefully, IF this type of technology ever exists, it will be used responsibly.

TheSunAlsoRises

Last edited by TheSunAlsoRises on 20 Apr 2012, 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.