Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 12:26 pm

this is just in on the dutch news:

"Anders breivik, on trail for two attacks in Oslo last year, probarbly has Aspergers syndrome and Gilles de la Tourette according to psyciatrist Ulrik Malt"

link (in dutch)

Blownmind
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 12:47 pm

Discussion going on here:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp4690672.html#4690672

redrobin62
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 1:00 pm

<----- Won't be surprised. The guy who went on the killing spree in Seattle last week was autistic.

NeueZiel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jun 2012, 4:42 pm

redrobin62 wrote:
<----- Won't be surprised. The guy who went on the killing spree in Seattle last week was autistic.

Yeah, but people are just going to act outraged because they share a diagnosis with a mass murderer. Hell, Hitler may have been autistic (not really, I just threw that out there :P )

CustardFlip
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jun 2012, 12:04 am

NeueZiel wrote:
redrobin62 wrote:

Yeah, but people are just going to act outraged because they share a diagnosis with a mass murderer. Hell, Hitler may have been autistic (not really, I just threw that out there :P )

Of course it's true that autistic people are, like anyone else CAPABLE of doing something like this, but it is an embarassment to be linked to someone like that through the media. I mean look at schizophrenic people and what they deal with soon as someone flips their wig and shoots up a school? "He was schizophrenic, see?!"

Back when that guy went loose in the mall in Alphen and the news media went over his mental state I felt sympathy for my coworker for the stuff that was in the news. Because we all know that it DOES affect public perception.

Guess it's our turn now *shrug*

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2012, 10:04 am

to match the sensationalistic tone i think all wrong acts commited by "normal" people should be highlighted as such.

"today a perfectly ordinary soccer mom sliced open her husband because she was jealous"

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Blixten
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2012, 3:09 pm

Jesus christ. Look, Anders Breivik went thorugh two psyciatric assesements (wrong word, but I hope you know what I'm refering to) before the trial to determine if he suffered from a mental illness at the time of the crime. Standard stuff. In neither one of those autism or tourettes was mentioned. (First one lead to the conclusion that he is a paranoid scitzofrenic, the other shrink doesn't think he has or had any mental illness, although he is crazy narcissistic).

This is BS people, the guy who thinks Breivik has autism/tourettes has NEVER met Breivik personally. It is impossible to diagnose someone without ever talking to them. I've been following the trial pretty closely, this guy is not even a doctor. He's a professor in psychiatry, but he is not qualified to diagnose anyone.

This pisses me off a bit.

I'd like to share some links on the subject, like firsthand information but they are all in norwish och swedish...