Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 1:03 pm

I have heard quite a bit of speculation in this area. What do all ya'll think?

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 2:22 pm

I am of the belief that being a successful politician and being autistic are mutually exclusive.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:20 pm

Well he is somewhat quirky guy with a special interest. I guess that makes him an Aspie these days(sarcasm).

From Wikipedia
"He was the captain of the football team, threw discus for the track and field team, and participated in basketball, art, and government."

This shows he had good multitasking skills and was very popular so I seriously doubt it.

If any politician was Autistic it was Richard Nixon. Socially awkward to the point of not being able to speak coherently and stimming in unscripted situations. Ritualistic to the point of wearing a suit and tie at home, at dinner which he usually ate alone, "Architectural mind". Knew detailed personal and political features of most state and even local politicians.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AJisHere
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:23 pm

ASPartOfMe wrote:
If any politician was Autistic it was Richard Nixon. Socially awkward to the point of not being able to speak coherently and stimming in unscripted situations. Ritualistic to the point of wearing a suit and tie at home, at dinner which he usually ate alone, "Architectural mind". Knew detailed personal and political features of most state and even local politicians.

That's actually an intriguing idea.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:26 pm

I should ask AspieUtah I has met Al Gore.

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:51 pm

AJisHere wrote:
ASPartOfMe wrote:

That's actually an intriguing idea.

This was one of Nixon's top aides discussing Nixon in scripted and uncscripted situations.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:53 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
I should ask AspieUtah [he] has met Al Gore.

Well, he does stumble socially, while speaking about arcane ideas for a looong time. So, maybe.

His sense of humor is terrible.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 4:59 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Well, he does stumble socially, while speaking about arcane ideas for a looong time. So, maybe.

Any anecdotes?

I remember the Florida secretary of state, refering to him as being a Tennessee robot something I always found interesting.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:04 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Any anecdotes?

I remember the Florida secretary of state, refering to him as being a Tennessee robot something I always found interesting.

Ummm, when he was mingling with the reception crowd (outside any rope line), he stuck out his hand to greet me, then, before actually shaking my hand, he whipped around to the buffet table behind him, stuffed an egg roll into his mouth and spun around again to continue with shaking my hand. People around us laughed, so I guess his sense of humor wasn't so terrible, but maybe his lack of propriety needed adjustment.

Diagnosed in 2015 with ASD Level 1 by the University of Utah Health Care Autism Spectrum Disorder Clinic using the ADOS-2 Module 4 assessment instrument [11/30] -- Screened in 2014 with ASD by using the University of Cambridge Autism Research Centre AQ (Adult) [43/50]; EQ-60 for adults [11/80]; FQ [43/135]; SQ (Adult) [130/150] self-reported screening inventories -- Assessed since 1978 with an estimated IQ [≈145] by several clinicians -- Contact on WrongPlanet.net by private message (PM)

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:06 pm

AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Any anecdotes?

Ummm, when he was mingling with the reception crowd (outside any rope line), he stuck out his hand to greet me, then, before actually shaking my hand, he whipped around to the buffet table behind him, stuffed an egg roll into his mouth and spun around again to continue with shaking my hand. People around us laughed, so I guess his sense of humor wasn't so terrible, but maybe his lack of propriety needed adjustment.
Okay not your typical charismatic politician.

I wonder if the people were laughing because of the awkwardness of the situation.

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

28 Nov 2016, 5:21 pm

Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Any anecdotes?

I wonder if the people were laughing because of the awkwardness of the situation.

A few of us did just that. It seemed to me to be rather odd.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 1:30 am

AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Any anecdotes?

Any other experiences of the the former VP?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

29 Nov 2016, 7:47 am

Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:
AspieUtah wrote:
Shahunshah wrote:

Any anecdotes?

Any other experiences of the the former VP?

Nope, no rape charges coming from me! However, between my experiences with Bill and Al, I must say that Al was the more pleasant, if odd, in my opinion.

Shahunshah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 12:53 am

What was Bill like by comparison?

AspieUtah
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2016, 7:52 am

Shahunshah wrote:
What was Bill like by comparison?

Well, he was just finishing his morning jog the day I served in 1991 as one of the DNC security staffers in Los Angeles. I opened the hotel door for him. He puffed his thanks, and that was it.