Website against Asperger's Syndrome: HeartlessAspergers.com

Page 14 of 14 [ 216 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 6:41 am

Many people in NYC drive 5-10 miles per hour over the speed limit. Most don’t have Aspergers.

The website in question is a troll site. Meant to disparage people with Aspergers/autism.

Best ignored.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 6:42 am

outerspacenik wrote:
I remember one of their gripes or pet peeves was that these AS males always drove at the top of the speed limit. Doesn't everybody? i said. I do. Noooo, they said, horrified.

Are you talking cars and breaking the speed limit or do you mean driving 70 in a 70 zone etc

Quote:
Can you be fined for driving too slow

Although there is no minimum speed limit on the majority of UK roads, you can still be fined for driving too slow if it is seen that you are a hazard to other road users. There is no specific penalty for driving too slowly and as such, penalties may be as little as a verbal warning by a police officer along with a lecture of the dangers of driving too slow and in more serious cases, a motorist may find themselves in court charged with driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users (penalty code CD30). The more serious penalty CD30 comes with penalty points on a motorists licence, anywhere from 3 to 9 along with a fine. Penalty points stay on a motorists licence for four years from the date of the offence and are likely to seriously impact the cost of car insurance.

The amount of penalty points set between 3 and 9 and a fine of anything up to a maximum of £5,000 are determined by the seriousness of the incident and the decision of the court.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:15 am

You can be fined for driving below the “minimum” speed limit on many highways in the US.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:24 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
You can be fined for driving below the “minimum” speed limit on many highways in the US.

It's quite rare to have a minimum speed restriction sign in the UK but they do exist but I haven't encountered one yet.

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2019, 7:34 am

If driving below 40 mph on major highways, you must put on the blinking hazard lights.

outerspacenik
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Aug 2019, 4:33 pm

I am starting to see since coming back to Wrong Planet how i do not communicate as clearly as i thought. I need to work on this. Thank you. I meant to drive 70kph in a 70kph zone. Interesting that driving too slow in UK can cop a fine. Traffic so bad in Sydney Australia it would be dangerous not to keep up with the flow. What i thought was interesting was that a similar type of woman with the same fears about fast driving (which wasn't really) had been in unhappy relationships with AS men. Go figure!

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2019, 1:29 am

SaveFerris wrote:
outerspacenik wrote:
I remember one of their gripes or pet peeves was that these AS males always drove at the top of the speed limit. Doesn't everybody? i said. I do. Noooo, they said, horrified.

Are you talking cars and breaking the speed limit or do you mean driving 70 in a 70 zone etc

Quote:
Can you be fined for driving too slow

Although there is no minimum speed limit on the majority of UK roads, you can still be fined for driving too slow if it is seen that you are a hazard to other road users. There is no specific penalty for driving too slowly and as such, penalties may be as little as a verbal warning by a police officer along with a lecture of the dangers of driving too slow and in more serious cases, a motorist may find themselves in court charged with driving without due care and attention or without reasonable consideration for other road users (penalty code CD30). The more serious penalty CD30 comes with penalty points on a motorists licence, anywhere from 3 to 9 along with a fine. Penalty points stay on a motorists licence for four years from the date of the offence and are likely to seriously impact the cost of car insurance.

The amount of penalty points set between 3 and 9 and a fine of anything up to a maximum of £5,000 are determined by the seriousness of the incident and the decision of the court.

You can also be fined for going the speed limit too, it depends on road conditions and traffic. If you are impeding it, yeah. If you are going too fast on road condition, yeah.

Only time you should go exactly the speed limit is in rural areas and small towns. They are normally enforced. This is the US I am speaking of.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

d057
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2019, 10:08 pm

This website sounds like it was created by someone who is projecting their bad experience on everyone with Asperger's. They use their bad experience as an excuse to mistreat a marginalized group. I am sorry to say this kind of mindset is nothing new.