Shrek’ Screenwriter says “anti vax” equivalent to n****r

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 12:41 pm

On the other hand I wonder if this guy has a Patreon account. If he does I doubt it'll last much longer.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

20 Dec 2018, 1:09 pm

What I don't get is that even if it was true (which it obviously isn't...) anti vax is because the kid might get autism.
I'd rather my kid was autistic than had measles and died. Even low functioning autism (mum worked with some kids like that and it can be a hard life for them and their parents but it's a life and it does have pleasure in it). If it gave the kid Asperger's, based on my knowledge of aspies and NTs, I'd get the kid vaccinated just for the sake of the Asperger's...
(Assuming the kid didn't have autistic sensory needs at least, but I'd rather have a kid with that personality type)
This gives me an excuse not to watch Shrek which is good cos I already have lots of films to watch but he's an ignorant sort for saying it/being it.