Page 2 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

rdos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2019, 4:41 am

I'd rather say that "Aspies" were not born with lie-detectors, and initially will both fail to notice when other people lie and won't come up with the idea of lying themselves. That doesn't mean they are unable to lie. I think at least some do get good at lying, and being able to mask facial expressions makes it harder to figure it out too. So, yes, I can lie or withhold information from NTs easily, and they have no idea about it since their lie-detectors don't work on me.

The reason "Aspies" don't lie is because they naturally form romantic connections that make it impossible to lie.

lucgn01
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Aug 2019, 4:48 pm

I myself lie on occasion, but I do feel awful about it afterwards, and the mental torment could drag on for a long time. For instance, just last month, I apologized to my grandmother for cheating on some homework assignments that I had taken a year prior. I just couldn’t hold it in anymore. Maybe NTs are more capable of telling white lies than I am, but I don’t want to be someone that can easily lie about something small and not feel bad about it.

Roboto
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Aug 2019, 4:57 pm

pawelk1986 wrote:
Banjo54 wrote:
For the longest time, I thought that people are typically honest. Now I know that's not the case. I honestly don't understand how or why NTs are so innately dishonest.
I rarely lie, because I rarely feel a reason to. When I do lie, I suck at it and it can be read. Most people with ASD, to my knowledge, are like this- which is definitely one of the positives of ASD.

Being terrible and lying in ASD how it can be good?
Being a good liar is an essential skill in life, not to mention the poker game! :mrgreen:

It's not lying when it's in a poker game, it's just playing the game properly when you bluff.

I'm definitely too stubborn to bother with the trouble of lying even if it means someone's feelings get hurt.

Rainbow_Belle
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2019, 9:49 pm

It is better to be brutally honest than lie. It is the curse or gift of Aspergers. It is better to speak the truth and not worry if it hurts anyones feelings. I prefer truth over lies.