Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: US

26 Aug 2020, 9:43 pm

Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer? With no thought given to the autistic person at all? Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live by people who support BLM and walk around with rainbow flags.



carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 5 Mar 2018
Gender: Male
Posts: 1,129

27 Aug 2020, 7:12 am

Very true autistic people should have the same right to life as neurotypical people.

The problem is anyone can be a parent, some are barely capable of managing a typically dev child let alone one that requires round the clock care.

Not saying we should go back to the old asylums but parents are usually told their child has severe autism and told to go away and get on with it.

Many are pushed to the brink by the destruction and violence that sometimes happens.

There should be an in between solution for severe autism neither Asylums or just do nothing as is happening now.


_________________
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends upon the unreasonable man."

- George Bernie Shaw


vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

27 Aug 2020, 8:45 am

Of coarse I'm am against the murder of autistic and other disabled children.

This may not be autism or disability related,infanticide is at a all time high,it is said that over 200 children are murdered by there mothers every year.

A woman in Pennsylvania ordered three dog leashes over the internet(luckily leaving an cyber trail of the purchase in her name and her credit card)Then proceeded to lynch her three children on the basement staircase,with the dog leashes.

Then there is Megan Boswell in Tennessee who is suspected in killing her daughter Evelyn,age 15 months.

And if you google these crimes 100's of cases show up,it's staggering,what makes mothers do this,are they that broken inside that they must kill there children? :( :( :( :(


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,837
Location: Stendec

27 Aug 2020, 8:52 am

DonJuan wrote:
Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer? With no thought given to the autistic person at all? Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live...
Please provide links to news articles describing these events.  Thank you.



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

27 Aug 2020, 8:59 am

Fnord wrote:
DonJuan wrote:
Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer? With no thought given to the autistic person at all? Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live...
Please provide links to news articles describing these events.  Thank you.
It may not even be autism related,200 to 400 mothers kill there children yearly.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


alex
Administrator
Administrator

User avatar

Joined: 13 Jun 2004
Age: 35
Gender: Male
Posts: 10,165
Location: Beverly Hills, CA

27 Aug 2020, 9:04 am

People are very ableist—even people who support progressive causes.

I think attitudes are getting better but change need s to happen more quickly.


_________________
Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/alexplank

Personal FB: http://fb.me/alexplank1


DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: US

27 Aug 2020, 12:35 pm

Fnord wrote:
DonJuan wrote:
Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer? With no thought given to the autistic person at all? Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live...
Please provide links to news articles describing these events.  Thank you.


Sorry I couldn't do so when I made this post, the rules wouldn't let me.
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expre ... ged-murder
This is just the latest example
https://twitter.com/thecarolemalone/sta ... 2689463298
This is peoples reacting, since they disable comments on the article



DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: US

27 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Of coarse I'm am against the murder of autistic and other disabled children.

This may not be autism or disability related,infanticide is at a all time high,it is said that over 200 children are murdered by there mothers every year.


Source? From what I looked up this is not true, we can't know statistic but infanticide was pretty accepted in antiquity, ever heard of Sparta?

Also, most of that is only happening in China and India. Sorry if that's offensive.



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

27 Aug 2020, 12:46 pm

Maybe infanticide wasn't the best word,murder of small children,I don't think there is a term for that.
It's epidemic today,look up Mitchelle Blair,she killed both her kids and put them in a freezer.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 6 May 2008
Age: 65
Gender: Male
Posts: 54,837
Location: Stendec

27 Aug 2020, 12:48 pm

DonJuan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DonJuan wrote:
Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer? With no thought given to the autistic person at all? Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live...
Please provide links to news articles describing these events.  Thank you.
Sorry I couldn't do so when I made this post, the rules wouldn't let me.
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expre ... ged-murder
This is just the latest example
https://twitter.com/thecarolemalone/sta ... 2689463298
This is peoples reacting, since they disable comments on the article
Thanks again.

This happens even to children who are NOT autistic -- the mother becomes overwhelmed and sees no other way out than to asphyxiate, drown, poison, shoot, smother, or stab her children (autistic or not), and the general opinion seems to focus most of the sympathy on the mother, and less on the children.



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

27 Aug 2020, 1:03 pm

It's not true that the women get more sympathy than the children.

Watch the sentence hearing of Mitchelle Blair on YouTube.
It's the more sympathetic cases that make the news but 200 mother's a year murder a child.They usually get no sympathy.


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: US

27 Aug 2020, 2:10 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
Maybe infanticide wasn't the best word,murder of small children,I don't think there is a term for that.


Filicide, is when you kill your own kids.



DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: US

27 Aug 2020, 2:15 pm

Fnord wrote:
DonJuan wrote:
Fnord wrote:
DonJuan wrote:
Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer? With no thought given to the autistic person at all? Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live...
Please provide links to news articles describing these events.  Thank you.
Sorry I couldn't do so when I made this post, the rules wouldn't let me.
https://www.express.co.uk/comment/expre ... ged-murder
This is just the latest example
https://twitter.com/thecarolemalone/sta ... 2689463298
This is peoples reacting, since they disable comments on the article
Thanks again.

This happens even to children who are NOT autistic -- the mother becomes overwhelmed and sees no other way out than to asphyxiate, drown, poison, shoot, smother, or stab her children (autistic or not), and the general opinion seems to focus most of the sympathy on the mother, and less on the children.

Please provide links to news articles describing these events. Thank you. Or you know you could be like the other guy and make stuff up that works too. Last time I checked people still down about Cassie Anthony...



vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

Joined: 7 Dec 2010
Gender: Male
Posts: 6,110
Location: Left WP forever

27 Aug 2020, 2:29 pm

DonJuan wrote:
Please provide links to news articles describing these events. Thank you. Or you know you could be like the other guy and make stuff up that works too. Last time I checked people still down about Cassie Anthony...
When you say making stuff up,your insulting me I think."Filicide" as you said is at epidemic proportions,there so common most don't make the national news.That's true about the Pennsylvania woman who lynched her three kids with dog leashes and Evelyn Boswell in Tennessee.Mitchelle Blair who put her two kids in the freezer.I'm not making anything up,you can research these cases on youtube or google.And you will find many more,and please research these cases before you accuse me of fake news,lying or making things up,I find that very rude :roll:


_________________
Forever gone
Sorry I ever joined


emotrtkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Joined: 12 Aug 2020
Gender: Male
Posts: 445

27 Aug 2020, 2:44 pm

DonJuan wrote:
Why is it that when one of us is murdered people ask forgiveness and understanding for the killer?


Good morals, human compassion, human decency. The recognition that no one is perfect, that mental illness is much more common now than it was in the past, that life is stressful, and that stress alters people's brain in ways that cause them to do things they wouldn't otherwise do. When mentally ill people commit crimes they aren't always fully culpable for their actions.

Quote:
With no thought given to the autistic person at all?


What makes you think no one feels bad for the autistic persons?

Quote:
Its one thing when people who are openly hateful are saying things like this but its a little awkward getting told I have no right to live by people who support BLM and walk around with rainbow flags.


I've never had anyone tell me I didn't have a right to live. I've heard people who lack morals say babies don't have a right to live but never anything about autistic people.



DonJuan
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

Joined: 26 Aug 2020
Age: 25
Gender: Male
Posts: 20
Location: US

27 Aug 2020, 2:48 pm

vermontsavant wrote:
DonJuan wrote:
Please provide links to news articles describing these events. Thank you. Or you know you could be like the other guy and make stuff up that works too. Last time I checked people still down about Cassie Anthony...
When you say making stuff up,your insulting me I think."Filicide" as you said is at epidemic proportions,there so common most don't make the national news.That's true about the Pennsylvania woman who lynched her three kids with dog leashes and Evelyn Boswell in Tennessee.Mitchelle Blair who put her two kids in the freezer.I'm not making anything up,you can research these cases on youtube or google.And you will find many more,and please research these cases before you accuse me of fake news,lying or making things up,I find that very rude :roll:


Just because you think something doesn't actually make it true, sorry, seeing things happen on the news is not the same as statistics, sorry if I hurt your feelings, but this is something that should be taught in school.