Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Justin Gump
Butterfly
Butterfly

13 Apr 2024, 4:14 pm

Greetings, this is Justin Gump here.
Just wanting to vocalize, an inappropriate comment before the Solar eclipse at highway 80 Rescue Mission,
A staff member, said in the day room to everyone.
"That NASA was going to be shooting rockets during the eclipse to try to destroy God's firmament "
I felt like this was extreme conspiracy, and Christian propaganda in the place of a homeless shelter,
A very inappropriate setting sociologically speaking,
To paranoid Christian homeless population, of a conservative majority and promote Christian propaganda,
And with the whole scheduling setup, that attending Chapel is a necessary component to live there,
How do you separate what is allowed to be said in a religious faith-based shelter?
I prefer non-faith-based resources,
Am I anti-christian? No, I just believe that conservative organizations, are allowed to go much further, then what is appropriate,
Spewing off fear tactics to the homeless population, in a propaganda style comment, attacking the dignity of an All-American agency, to question the motives of Science, under the protection and assumption of religious bigotry, is deplorable.
I emailed NASA about the incident, it was on my last day at the shelter before moving to an autistic boarding home, the staff member's name was Paco.
And I was getting the cold shoulder for making the report.
As a Democrat political minority, here in Longview Texas, being forced into Chapel as a requirement to stay at the shelter, to hear the volunteer preachers attack Democratic liberal lifestyles and make pro Conservative Republican comments, in a position where I'm on the pews, subjugated to a religious authority to be talked down to about my political beliefs, is very upsetting. In a religious setting, with a NASA conspiracy type of atmosphere in their religious preaching.
Liberal Lifestyle is Sinful, or you are not sober living if you are in a liberal Lifestyle.

Texasmoneyman300
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 2:00 am

Justin Gump wrote:
Greetings, this is Justin Gump here.
Just wanting to vocalize, an inappropriate comment before the Solar eclipse at highway 80 Rescue Mission,
A staff member, said in the day room to everyone.
"That NASA was going to be shooting rockets during the eclipse to try to destroy God's firmament "
I felt like this was extreme conspiracy, and Christian propaganda in the place of a homeless shelter,
A very inappropriate setting sociologically speaking,
To paranoid Christian homeless population, of a conservative majority and promote Christian propaganda,
And with the whole scheduling setup, that attending Chapel is a necessary component to live there,
How do you separate what is allowed to be said in a religious faith-based shelter?
I prefer non-faith-based resources,
Am I anti-christian? No, I just believe that conservative organizations, are allowed to go much further, then what is appropriate,
Spewing off fear tactics to the homeless population, in a propaganda style comment, attacking the dignity of an All-American agency, to question the motives of Science, under the protection and assumption of religious bigotry, is deplorable.
I emailed NASA about the incident, it was on my last day at the shelter before moving to an autistic boarding home, the staff member's name was Paco.
And I was getting the cold shoulder for making the report.
As a Democrat political minority, here in Longview Texas, being forced into Chapel as a requirement to stay at the shelter, to hear the volunteer preachers attack Democratic liberal lifestyles and make pro Conservative Republican comments, in a position where I'm on the pews, subjugated to a religious authority to be talked down to about my political beliefs, is very upsetting. In a religious setting, with a NASA conspiracy type of atmosphere in their religious preaching.
Liberal Lifestyle is Sinful, or you are not sober living if you are in a liberal Lifestyle.

This prolly wont do much good or any good but have you thought about reporting them to the IRS because churches and non-profits can lose tax-exempt status for being overly political.There is a fine line so I dont know if they crossed it but its possible they did.The thing is even if they did they prolly wont enforce the Johnson Amendment but they could and it could be worth a try.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2024, 3:59 am

This is normal.  Individual members of a church may not be actual employees of a church, so whatever political views they may express can be easily passed off as "personal opinions, not reflective of church doctrine".

You would be hard-pressed to make a case against just one member -- likely a volunteer who was not being paid to work the event, and therefore not an employee.

You may as well try to bring suit against one of the residents of the rescue mission for committing an olfactory offense against you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.