Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 2:41 pm

The DWP are a nightmare in the United Kingdom. No disabled person likes them. They are predatory and dismissive of disabled people. It doesn't help when you are poor and people with more privilege than you throw the proverbial dirt at you & call you a bum or a loser.

It is even worse when they pretend to be virtuous whilst having things better than you in every respect, at least in terms of freedom & social status.

https://www.thecanary.co/uk/analysis/20 ... ed-people/

They don’t want people to claim their entitlement to statutory benefits. So they make it as difficult as possible to claim, and then ‘blame’ disabled people as being work shy. They also know they could get away with it, as most people in receipt of PIP or other disability benefit will not have enough personal power to fight back, and challenge decisions in court.

Sadly, I have been oppressed by other disabled people as well as the DWP, simply because of the nature of my disabilities'. I have no social power... at all.

For me, some disabled people are about as worthwhile as the DWP themselves. I say that with regret - I wanted them & want them to be better. Yet they continue to treat me like the proverbial dirt on their shoes. It says more about them than it does me, I think.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:42 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
The DWP are a nightmare in the United Kingdom. No disabled person likes them. They are predatory and dismissive of disabled people. It doesn't help when you are poor and people with more privilege than you throw the proverbial dirt at you & call you a bum or a loser.

It is even worse when they pretend to be virtuous whilst having things better than you in every respect, at least in terms of freedom & social status.

They don’t want people to claim their entitlement to statutory benefits. So they make it as difficult as possible to claim, and then ‘blame’ disabled people as being work shy. They also know they could get away with it, as most people in receipt of PIP or other disability benefit will not have enough personal power to fight back, and challenge decisions in court.

Sadly, I have been oppressed by other disabled people as well as the DWP, simply because of the nature of my disabilities'. I have no social power... at all.

For me, some disabled people are about as worthwhile as the DWP themselves. I say that with regret - I wanted them & want them to be better. Yet they continue to treat me like the proverbial dirt on their shoes. It says more about them than it does me, I think.

Yes true, many tens of thousands of disabled people have committed suicide in the last decade because of this.

Deemed fit to work or not disabled enough, with many cheering the decision from the sidelines, maybe thats what the gov want, eugenics through the back door with no questions asked.

- George Bernie Shaw

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:48 pm

carlos55 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

Yes true, many tens of thousands of disabled people have committed suicide in the last decade because of this.

Deemed fit to work or not disabled enough, with many cheering the decision from the sidelines, maybe thats what the gov want, eugenics through the back door with no questions asked.

Aye. There are even plans in the works (whether they will be realised or not, who knows) - to tie vaccinations to state benefits, so that if you don't have a vaccination, your benefits are taken away.

That's not at all a trap or an indication that something is wrong with these coercive measures of mandatory vaccination. :roll:

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2022, 3:50 pm

Having a vaccine or supporting them is being a part of the system. The Matrix.

Nothing better than a "screw you, I won't do what you tell me," than refusing a vaccine.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 1:24 pm

I've had the Astra Zeneca vaccines due to my health, but I personally do not and never have trusted Pfizer, Moderna et.al enough to pursue a 3rd vaccination, considering AZ is no longer being offered. I've known people with similar health conditions to myself who have reacted terribly to Pfizer, and still end up catching Covid despite taking mask and hygeine measures. Whether or not those vaccinations had a reduced effect on their Covid experiences remains a mystery.

In regards to the DWP. I have had my fair share of their coercive abuse, as well as discriminatory and derogatory behaviour towards me. To the point where I'm needing mental health treatment to process the impact they've had on exacerbating my already present Depression and Anxiety issues.

It's a broken system that only benefits them.

"And I've embraced the calamity, with a detachment and a passive disinterest."

"I hear voices...But I ignore them and just carry on killing."

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 2:45 pm

And So It Goes wrote:
I've had the Astra Zeneca vaccines due to my health, but I personally do not and never have trusted Pfizer, Moderna et.al enough to pursue a 3rd vaccination, considering AZ is no longer being offered. I've known people with similar health conditions to myself who have reacted terribly to Pfizer, and still end up catching Covid despite taking mask and hygeine measures. Whether or not those vaccinations had a reduced effect on their Covid experiences remains a mystery.

In regards to the DWP. I have had my fair share of their coercive abuse, as well as discriminatory and derogatory behaviour towards me. To the point where I'm needing mental health treatment to process the impact they've had on exacerbating my already present Depression and Anxiety issues.

It's a broken system that only benefits them.

I have said this before in one of my posts a while back, but, I haven't had a vaccine & haven't had so much as a cold since February 2020, back when I had Covid (and was close to death, physically). I did not have a test to confirm this (PCR tests aren't fool proof anyway) - but I had all of the symptoms when I looked up the symptoms on PubMed (a medical search engine), including unusually being almost unable to breathe during waking hours. I poured with sweat for a whole week, unable to get out of bed for most of the week & had had the worst fever (my forehead felt sizzling hot) - but I didn't go to the hospital, since being on a ventilator can actually accelerate the process of death for some people (and it can help other people).

My experiences of being in hospital are not good. I contracted Clostridium Difficile after taking a broad spectrum antibiotic (antibiotic resistant superbugs can develop after taking these but this usually only happens to super old people with poor immune systems). So that factored into my decision not to bother with hospital, too.

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/ventilators-covid-19[/url]

"What are the risks of being on a ventilator?" ^ Sub-heading to read if a person cannot be bothered reading the whole article.

The DWP are inhumane. I was laughed at by the DWP for about 2 years, basically, because I mask well with my health conditions and I had to take them to court (and won my case at tribunal, for disability aid) with no emotional support from anyone, neither NT's nor Autistics, which resulted in a mental breakdown & some consequent mental health counselling.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:24 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
I have said this before in one of my posts a while back, but, I haven't had a vaccine & haven't had so much as a cold since February 2020, back when I had Covid (and was close to death, physically). I did not have a test to confirm this (PCR tests aren't fool proof anyway) - but I had all of the symptoms when I looked up the symptoms on PubMed (a medical search engine), including unusually being almost unable to breathe during waking hours. I poured with sweat for a whole week, unable to get out of bed for most of the week & had had the worst fever (my forehead felt sizzling hot) - but I didn't go to the hospital, since being on a ventilator can actually accelerate the process of death for some people (and it can help other people).

Sorry to read you endured it, but glad you're still here and alive. I think I may have had it, but it must've been a milder variant. Either before my vaccination and/or quite recently last month. I had my vaccination earlier in 2021.

blitzkrieg wrote:
My experiences of being in hospital are not good. I contracted Clostridium Difficile after taking a broad spectrum antibiotic (antibiotic resistant superbugs can develop after taking these but this usually only happens to super old people with poor immune systems). So that factored into my decision not to bother with hospital, too.

Reminds me of when I went into hospital as a child for something mild and ended up leaving with Rinovirus.

blitzkrieg wrote:
https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/ventilators-covid-19[/url]

"What are the risks of being on a ventilator?" ^ Sub-heading to read if a person cannot be bothered reading the whole article.

I believe I've already read this. The government seem to clearly be deliberately acting morally bankrupt and laissez-faire about it all. Almost as if it's some sort of Populist technique.

blitzkrieg wrote:
The DWP are inhumane. I was laughed at by the DWP for about 2 years, basically, because I mask well with my health conditions and I had to take them to court (and won my case at tribunal, for disability aid) with no emotional support from anyone, neither NT's nor Autistics, which resulted in a mental breakdown & some consequent mental health counselling.

The DWP are morally bankrupt. Sorry to read you've also endured this. As have I. Waited a whole year for the tribunal and was almost evicted from our house. I also thankfully won, and like yourself was deemed "Not Autistic enough" because I could string a sentence together, and not fit the perpetuated stereotype.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 3:54 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:

And So It Goes wrote:
The DWP are morally bankrupt. Sorry to read you've also endured this. As have I. Waited a whole year for the tribunal and was almost evicted from our house. I also thankfully won, and like yourself was deemed "Not Autistic enough" because I could string a sentence together, and not fit the perpetuated stereotype.

Unfortunatly your average welfare / DSS assessor goes home & switches on the tv like everyone else.

When all they see about autism is superpower, neurodiversity, our autism is wonderful, we don’t have a disability and don’t want to be cured, saying we have a disability is offensive, autism is just left handedness, look at autistic rocket scientist Elon musk, Christine McGuiness tv star “nothing wrong with her” blah blah blah.

So don’t be surprised they are less than sympathetic when someone with autism walks through their door complaining life is hard, they are unable to work (hence disability as opposed to job seekers) please give them some money.

Is it no wonder the gov love hearing this giving a convenient excuse to cut help.

So, expect more of the same in the future and anyone else in this unfortunate position. Unfortunately other autistic people are your own worst enemy.

- George Bernie Shaw

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 5:02 pm

carlos55 wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:

And So It Goes wrote:

Unfortunatly your average welfare / DSS assessor goes home & switches on the tv like everyone else.

When all they see about autism is superpower, neurodiversity, our autism is wonderful, we don’t have a disability and don’t want to be cured, saying we have a disability is offensive, autism is just left handedness, look at autistic rocket scientist Elon musk, Christine McGuiness tv star “nothing wrong with her” blah blah blah.

So don’t be surprised they are less than sympathetic when someone with autism walks through their door complaining life is hard, they are unable to work (hence disability as opposed to job seekers) please give them some money.

Is it no wonder the gov love hearing this giving a convenient excuse to cut help.

So, expect more of the same in the future and anyone else in this unfortunate position. Unfortunately other autistic people are your own worst enemy.

Yes. Advocating that Autism is not a disability is nice in theoretical terms, but when you come into contact with people who are holding the key to your economic survival & they are viewing you through the lens that you are some kind of genius if you can speak and aren't wearing a nappy, then the Autistic community has problems.

NT's think like that, unfortunately, they don't know or remotely understand Autism. Advocating that Autism is not a disability plays right into the hands of those who want to withhold benefits from disabled folk with Autism.

Autistic folk doing this are toxic. to the Autistic community.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:40 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
. . . including unusually being almost unable to breathe during waking hours. . .

I’m also glad you’re okay! :D

And I really encourage you, if this ever happens again, get thee to a hospital, please. And they have a lot more than just a ventilator. For example, I think they have medication similar to a diuretic which helps to clear fluid out of a person’s lungs, whatever the cause of that fluid.

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2022, 10:56 pm

And these kind of nasty, overbearing, pompous arse of a bureaucrat is one reason I support (drum roll please!):

Universal Basic Income.

Especially with the continued loss of middle-income jobs. I’ve read that here in my United States, two-thirds of manufacturing job loss has been due to automation and one-third due to moving overseas.

But UBI is long-term, and will likely be a tough sell politically.

————————

PS Even though I’m a Yank, I rather like the UK style of profanity. I just don’t want to get any of us in trouble here at WP! :wink:

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 3:36 am

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
And these kind of nasty, overbearing, pompous arse of a bureaucrat is one reason I support (drum roll please!):

Universal Basic Income.

Especially with the continued loss of middle-income jobs. I’ve read that here in my United States, two-thirds of manufacturing job loss has been due to automation and one-third due to moving overseas.

But UBI is long-term, and will likely be a tough sell politically.

————————

PS Even though I’m a Yank, I rather like the UK style of profanity. I just don’t want to get any of us in trouble here at WP! :wink:

UBI sounds good in theory but it would be inflationary.

So instead of paying $1 for a tin of beans you’ll be paying $5 for example so any gain from UBI will be quickly wiped out.

Don’t know if you have ever seen the series Squid Games, you get to realize how crap the S Korean currency is. 100 wan for a chocolate bar 100 million wan for a house, win 100 billion wan in the competition for example.

- George Bernie Shaw

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 6:00 am

carlos55 wrote:

I'm fully aware of this. At the end of the day, they have a job to do, being pressured by their management, who in turn are pressured by higher powers. A friend of mine worked at one office once. "Suicide bars" were placed on the windows to prevent defenestration caused by the sheer amounts of stress.

carlos55 wrote:

I've always found the "Autism is my superpower." mantra one to scream an inferiority or superiority complex. I've often thought: "Is it my 'superpower' to have a mental nervous breakdown in a supermarket? If so, how rubbish!" :lol: I'm aware it's to do with the positives we can contribute, but not every Autistic person is capable of this, in the same way that not every NT is capable of such things.

carlos55 wrote:

I'm not surprised at this mentality at all. Tarring every Autistic person with the same brush and giving them the one-size-fits-all treatment. They want us off their books and on our way, only for the 'awkward' and 'difficult' (their words, not mine) people like myself to re-emerge a week or two later following termination of employment. 8O

carlos55 wrote:

Perhaps a well-intentioned toxicity. "If I can do it, so can you." I've endeavoured to receive the right help and support from these people, but in turn, I am ignored, in a similar manner to my previous experiences of Mental Health Treatment, i.e. "He knows what he wants, and is aware of his problems, therefore, there's nothing too wrong and doesn't need our help." Objectively understandable, until you realise the long-term damage this causes.

And So It Goes
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 6:02 am

carlos55 wrote:

Take Zimbabwe's hyperinflation of 2008. It was nearly 80 billion percent. 8O

AardvarkGoodSwimmer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 11:16 am

carlos55 wrote:

So instead of paying $1 for a tin of beans you’ll be paying $5 for example so any gain from UBI will be quickly wiped out.

Don’t know if you have ever seen the series Squid Games, you get to realize how crap the S Korean currency is. 100 wan for a chocolate bar 100 million wan for a house, win 100 billion wan in the competition for example.

And So It Goes wrote:

I’m not talking about anything like that!

Here in the U.S., when Andrew Yang made his low-chance and essentially no-chance run for president in 2020 — he ran mainly to give publicity to Universal Basic Income — he was always asked, How are you possibly going to pay for this?

He should have led with that! For example, taxing Wall Street and such things as stock “options” and “derivatives” and thereby slowing down the casino economy built on top of the real economy, should have been the absolute focus of his plan, with $1,000 a month to every adult citizen almost an afterthought.

Dear reader, if you truly believe the number of jobs are shrinking or at least open to considering that possibility, then decisions will have to be made, hopefully sooner rather than later.

And hell yes, UBI is a type of decentralized communism, but a type done right, wouldn’t you say? It gives power to individual citizens, and not to either governments or corporations.

=====================

And the South Korean currency probably has inflated too much over the decades.

But all the same, South Korea is a prosperous society. It’s considered part of the East Asian Miracle and is considered to be one of the “Asian Tiger” economies.

It has the occasional manageable recession just like the United States has. But in general, S Korea has good, solid, year-in and year-out growth in GDP, meaning Gross Domestic Product.

carlos55
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2022, 12:33 pm

AardvarkGoodSwimmer wrote:
carlos55 wrote:

And So It Goes wrote:

I’m not talking about anything like that!

Here in the U.S., when Andrew Yang made his low-chance and essentially no-chance run for president in 2020 — he ran mainly to give publicity to Universal Basic Income — he was always asked, How are you possibly going to pay for this?

He should have led with that! For example, taxing Wall Street and such things as stock “options” and “derivatives” and thereby slowing down the casino economy built on top of the real economy, should have been the absolute focus of his plan, with $1,000 a month to every adult citizen almost an afterthought.

Dear reader, if you truly believe the number of jobs are shrinking or at least open to considering that possibility, then decisions will have to be made, hopefully sooner rather than later.

And hell yes, UBI is a type of decentralized communism, but a type done right, wouldn’t you say? It gives power to individual citizens, and not to either governments or corporations.

=====================

And the South Korean currency probably has inflated too much over the decades.

But all the same, South Korea is a prosperous society. It’s considered part of the East Asian Miracle and is considered to be one of the “Asian Tiger” economies.

It has the occasional manageable recession just like the United States has. But in general, S Korea has good, solid, year-in and year-out growth in GDP, meaning Gross Domestic Product.

The idea of UBI is certainly been in the media a lot recently.

I guess they’ll better think of something before the robots and AI takeover.

- George Bernie Shaw