Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

ASPartOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2022, 8:42 am

A former political advisor from Alnwick has announced the release date for his debut book.

Quote:
The book, called 'Wonderboy' written by James Matthewson, is a collection of writings highlighting the experience of growing up with Asperger's Syndrome.

In recent years, famous figures including Elon Musk and Chris Packham have spoken about living with Asperger's.

James said: "It's a really exciting time and I feel hugely privileged to be able to release this very personal collection of writings with the support of my publishers at Olympia.

"Highlighting the experience of children and young people growing up on the Autistic spectrum is vitally important to building a better understanding of conditions like Aspergers in wider society.”

The book has already received high praise from respected figures including the world authority on Asperger's syndrome, Professor Tony Attwood.

He said: “I have not so enjoyed reading a book about Autism for many years. To explore and understand autism, the greatest insight might not come from a textbook but from poems, like those written by James Matthewson and featured in this book."

It has also been praised by Lesley Henderson, founder and CEO of Autism charity, The Toby Henderson Trust.

'Wonderboy' is scheduled for release on August 25. Paperback copies will be available online at Amazon and in select bookstores.

It is Autism Acceptance Month

“My autism is not a superpower. It also isn’t some kind of god-forsaken, endless fountain of suffering inflicted on my family. It’s just part of who I am as a person”. - Sara Luterman

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2022, 9:36 pm

I can't wait until that book comes out.