Impressionist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 May 2009, 10:16 am

Prof_Pretorius wrote:
"Cure hams, not Autism."

(You may quote me.)

I thank you kindly. :D

I physically cringed at that website. Sad, really.

Kangoogle
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2009, 10:20 am

sinsboldly wrote:
ed wrote:
I Think this news story directly bears on this subject:

Quote:
WASHINGTON (AP) "Stem cell transplantations have a humongous potential," Wernig said. But "if people rush out there without really knowing what they're doing ... that really backfires and can bring this whole field to a halt."

I couldn't ask for better proof that trying to cure autism with stem cells is very dangerous!

If some doctor said 'humongous' to me I could not take him seriously. I mean. . seriously!

Merle

How prejudiced are you!? So the next time an aspie misuses a word in a sentence, we should instantly discredit them? This going by your (usually poor) use of logic.

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2009, 8:31 pm

Americans. I say no more.

This is so sad, pathetic and shameful that I don't have words!

ProfessorX
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 1:36 pm

11krage, I can not possibly fathom the number of websites as well as organizations out there in the world there are intent on trying to find the so-called,"Cure" unto Autism and it's relatives like Aspergers..Personally, why is it so hard for some people to learn & understand that any child within the autistic spectrum is not doomed to a life or eternal damnation as, some people would have us believe..I'll admit there has been a great deal of ups & downs in life as a whole but, I've never felt like I was the carrier of some dangerous contagion or such, Absolutely not.Actually, I've come across many other fellow Aspergians whom have their own set of troubles yet, each of them has learned how to deal with such in their own unique manner..I guess the idea of people within the spectrum being considered mutants is not so far fetched if you think about it.

Okay, there are many Aspergians whom have qualities which allow him/her to do things that seem most un-human and no, I'm not merely referring to Kim Peek, whom the movie Rain Man was based upon.Truthfully, many of the talents which many Aspergians have should be seen as something good not bad and unpleasant.Honestly, I really wished I was the mutant ProfessorX, in that I'd try to find means of dealing with the people whom have such a fear,ignorance,indifference unto people with Aspergers and beyond..

This does it for me at the moment whereby, I'll close with saying, Aspergians are simply a variation upon the human design..

ProfessorX

Revenant
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2009, 6:29 pm

Don't use the term "Aspergian", it makes us look even more silly than people think we are. I mean, as if it wasn't enough with the ridiculous atlantis theories and all that.

Separating us further from the rest than we naturally are is not going to bring about acceptance.

I mean, in this case, the author of this website just needs a good, solid slapping about the cheeks. Something is wrong with his head, not his sons.
Poor sons, give them a responsible father that will encourage them, not make them look like they are cursed or hellspawn.

People say that autists need a reality check? Give me a break!