Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 3:42 am

I looked for other forum posts about this and haven't found any. This is one of the best commercials I have seen on our behalf.
I wish I could get permission on redistribution and promoting for it.

No Myths website
http://www.nomyths.org/

Direct link to video
http://www.nomyths.org/media/ASAN_PSA_60_Extended.wmv

Elfnote
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2009, 3:07 pm

I really like that commercial, especially since it has people with autism in it and starts off in a way that'll get people's attention, whether they're a curbie or not. I hope more things like this start appearing so the public's view gets changed for the better.

BTW, do you know where that commercial appears? Is it only on their site, or other sites, or is it on a TV station? Just curious.

KenG
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 4:05 pm

It is a good PSA indeed.
By the way, the person in the red sweater, who stands in front and speaks first, is Ari Ne'eman, president of the Autistic Self Advocacy Network

http://www.autscape.org/

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 4:27 pm

Elfnote wrote:
I really like that commercial, especially since it has people with autism in it and starts off in a way that'll get people's attention, whether they're a curbie or not. I hope more things like this start appearing so the public's view gets changed for the better.

BTW, do you know where that commercial appears? Is it only on their site, or other sites, or is it on a TV station? Just curious.

So far, it is only on that site. I am trying to get permission to post it everywhere I can.
I know Ari. I've talked to him several times before.

aneeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Apr 2009, 11:32 pm

cyberscan wrote:
Elfnote wrote:

So far, it is only on that site. I am trying to get permission to post it everywhere I can.
I know Ari. I've talked to him several times before.

By all means, please post it everywhere you can. :)

MMEvans
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Apr 2009, 1:04 pm

Ari also is asking those who like the No Myths PSA to help promote it by writing to organizations such as a local Center for Independent Living, Autism Society, SABE or ADAPT chapter, Parent Training Information Center, or other disability or social justice group to spread the word and ask them to distribute the No Myths PSA to their networks. :)

Orwell
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 12:35 pm

Oh, that is amazingly well-done.

We need to find some funding and get this on national television.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 12:59 pm

Orwell wrote:
Oh, that is amazingly well-done.

We need to find some funding and get this on national television.

yes,was thinking that! not just national,international!

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

GoddessofSnowandIce
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Apr 2009, 3:48 pm

Beautifully done. I have a lot of respect for Ari. He's done a lot to spread the message. The message of mutual respect and understanding of different ways of thinking can be cross-applied to all walks of humanity, not just autistics (and individuals with related neurotypes).

*makes peace sign*

aneeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Apr 2009, 11:51 am

GoddessofSnowandIce wrote:
Beautifully done. I have a lot of respect for Ari. He's done a lot to spread the message. The message of mutual respect and understanding of different ways of thinking can be cross-applied to all walks of humanity, not just autistics (and individuals with related neurotypes).

*makes peace sign*

Thank you, I appreciate that.

Impressionist
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 May 2009, 10:29 am

Marvelously done, that's the kind of awareness that would be so wonderful to see in people and the kind of PSAs that should be put out there.

aneeman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 May 2009, 8:21 pm

[quote="Impressionist"]Marvelously done, that's the kind of awareness that would be so wonderful to see in people and the kind of PSAs that should be put out there.[/quote]

Glad you like it! Nothing About Us, Without Us! :)

opal
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2009, 4:51 am

I've added it to my favourites list. :D
It's really well done. I would be interested to hear if it gets onto TV at state or national or even international level. because it deserves to be.

GoddessofSnowandIce
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

15 May 2009, 12:17 pm

aneeman wrote:
GoddessofSnowandIce wrote:

*makes peace sign*

Thank you, I appreciate that.

I'm trying to get more involved in spreading positive messages (like the ones your organization are promoting) and debunking myths. I'm terrible at networking, so I don't always know who to call or what to do next, so I turn to writing. I've gotten a few bites here and there, but so far, nothing big. I just feel like autistic advocacy is my calling. It's like my whole life was finally put into perspective the moment I started reading on the subject for my daughter's sake. What disheartened me is the amount of misinformation out there, and it takes wisdom to sort it all out. If you ever need someone to assist with your mission (writing, research, etc.), you're welcome to PM me.

A good sample of my essays can be found here:
Interview with an Aspergian