Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 12:43 pm

Hi, I'm KissOfMarmaladeSky's sister! :lol: (I don't know why that's funny.) I don't have an ASD, but my sister wanted me to post about chest pain. ;) (Hopefully you won't take that the wrong way.)
Well...it all started a few weeks ago when I forgot something happened. I had a fluttery feeling in my chest and pain. (Like butterflies. Don't laugh. I'm serious. Only harder.) I also had a horrible cough.
GET THIS! We had to go to an after hours doctor who said--GET THIS--I had HEARTBURN. I HAVE HAD THAT BEFORE. IT DOESN'T FEEL LIKE THAT. RAWR!
Then...my actual doctor said it was allergy-related. I got cough medicine, and it felt better.

Now...it started again. I'm supposed to go to a cardiologist (precautionary, mind you). It feels like it did before, only my cough isn't as bad.

Thankssssss. :D

danandlouie
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 1:06 pm

it's possible the problem is gall bladder related. clogged g. b.'s can mimic cardiac problems....pain.....and can act like g. i. burning. just a thought. why not look it up on internet and check out all the symptoms?

hope it's nothing serious.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

11 Nov 2010, 2:02 pm

Why are you asking here, and why would you think this was a laughing matter, go see a doctor, seeking medical advise from a web forum is not wise or safe.

KissOfMarmaladeSky
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 10:03 am

Friskeygirl wrote:
Why are you asking here, and why would you think this was a laughing matter, go see a doctor, seeking medical advise from a web forum is not wise or safe.

I'm sorry; I didn't mean to do laugh. I was trying to be friendly with a smile. I should've just typed it in myself. I barely know this forum, and barely watch my sister on it.

And as for, "seeking medical advice from a web forum is not wise or safe", actually, if you trust the people there, it can be.

Again, I'm sorry for all the trouble, I'm going into the doctor on the 24th, just in case you wanted to know.

Sorry to you and thanks to the other person.

conan
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 1:35 pm

go to the doctor and bring a list of the all the symptoms however trivial they might be. make sure they know of other existing conditions or problems you have had in the past.

I have had what i think might be similar feelings which i chalked down to anxiety. It can manifest as real symptoms and even really effect your health if it is chronic and bad.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2010, 4:23 pm

I second ( or third or whatever) the comments about making sure you get this checked out by a doctor. Those of us who are not doctors may be able to make semi-educated guesses, but generally a doctor is going to have far more experience with this sort of thing and may see a dangerous pattern where the lay person may not.

That said, I'm pretty sure I have had exactly the "fluttering" symptom you are refering to. If feels like it is coming in the general area of the heart and it is as if a small bird was in my chest flapping around, trying to get loose. It doesn't come with pain, but I do get a slight cough in connection with it.

But what is interesting is I have determined that I have an alergy to peanuts. The primary scary symptom was a deep, blunt pain in my lower jaw and sometimes a pain in my arm. Usually this would happen while I was asleep, but sometimes when I was awake. Sitting up in bed often would cause the pain to go away within a few seconds. If that didn't work, drinking water would often help. I also had intestinal irritation that persisted for many years and immediately stopped once I stopped eating peanutbutter.

Once I cut peanuts from my diet as well as other nuts or foods that had been processed on equipment where peanuts have been processed, the above symptoms faded away. On rare occasions, I might get the jaw pain. When I have had it, I can often find that I have eaten something that might have had contact with peanuts.

But all of this is just my anecdotal experience. It doesn't mean it has anything to do with what you are experiencing. You need to check with a doctor and make your own intelligent choices. Remember that even if it is "only an alergy" that alergies can be deadly. Mostly they are just uncomfortable and unpleasant, but don't assume you can just ignore this.

Good luck