Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

LiverpoolAspergian
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jan 2022, 6:51 pm

I have been experiencing brain fogginess in my life for one reason or another. It is most likely due to the Internet and the "rapidity" of the digital world.

What would be the best way to get rid of brain fog? How can I, as an Aspergian, enhance my neurological health in today's day and age?

MrsPeel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 12:56 am

Probably the age-old remedies:
- daily exercise
- good sleep habits

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 12:41 pm

Diet

Meditation

Medication

Stress management

Reduce electronics

More time outside

LiverpoolAspergian

16 Jan 2022, 3:27 pm

MrsPeel wrote:
Probably the age-old remedies:
- daily exercise
- good sleep habits

Thank you, I have heard it said that the brain is always improving, what I desire is neurogenesis.

LiverpoolAspergian

16 Jan 2022, 3:28 pm

shortfatbalduglyman wrote:
Diet

Meditation

Medication

Stress management

Reduce electronics

More time outside

May you please elaborate, I am quite fascinated by "medication", but, I do not want to take a "short cut". Short cuts never work. Are you referring to nootropics?

lvpin
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2022, 8:47 pm

What other posters said is excellent advice.

Also about your thoughts on medication, imo it isn't a short cut. My specific issue is with mental illness and I found my meds act as a sort of crutch. They make it easier but you still have to put in hard work.

charlesah
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Jan 2022, 4:32 am

When I was experiencing brain fog I found out I had intestinal candidiasis, which a lot of people are now saying is common in autistic people. It can damage the intestines and also have a negative effect on the entire body, including brain function. I treated it by taking the antifungals Diflucan and nystatin and it was like night and day. It was like waking up from being half asleep all the time. I wouldn’t recommend trying this without a doctor. Intestinal candidiasis causes nausea so if you don’t experience nausea your problem might be something else. I hope you feel better.

LiverpoolAspergian

24 Jan 2022, 11:54 am

charlesah wrote:
When I was experiencing brain fog I found out I had intestinal candidiasis, which a lot of people are now saying is common in autistic people. It can damage the intestines and also have a negative effect on the entire body, including brain function. I treated it by taking the antifungals Diflucan and nystatin and it was like night and day. It was like waking up from being half asleep all the time. I wouldn’t recommend trying this without a doctor. Intestinal candidiasis causes nausea so if you don’t experience nausea your problem might be something else. I hope you feel better.

Thank you for the feedback, I for one do not experience nausea, I feel that drinking water and undertaking exercise would be wholesome for my brain.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 12:08 pm

Yes , yes .. Nootropics work , but the above suggestions especially exercising is good advise . Doing alittle research on the nootropics you are using can be very handy .. (brains like fish oils too.) These types of fats actually are used by the brain , they are like taking a fishy form of vitamin, Combine that with Vitamin E, (mixed tocepherals type only) btw omega fatty acids ( fish oils) and other sources of fatty acids are used by a bunch of systems in the body.
And you can help keep depression away.
But these aren’t Nootropics, they just help your body use Nootropics . Nootropics are not a replacement for food btw.

where ever you go ,there you are

LiverpoolAspergian

24 Jan 2022, 4:06 pm

Jakki wrote:
Yes , yes .. Nootropics work , but the above suggestions especially exercising is good advise . Doing alittle research on the nootropics you are using can be very handy .. (brains like fish oils too.) These types of fats actually are used by the brain , they are like taking a fishy form of vitamin, Combine that with Vitamin E, (mixed tocepherals type only) btw omega fatty acids ( fish oils) and other sources of fatty acids are used by a bunch of systems in the body.
And you can help keep depression away.
But these aren’t Nootropics, they just help your body use Nootropics . Nootropics are not a replacement for food btw.

Thank you ever so much, so, daily exercise (I think cardiac exercise is best), Omega 3, Omega 6 fatty acids and Vitmamin E with nootropics should be neurologically good for me.

I will also try the brain games apps on Google Play as well.

Thank you for the post.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2022, 9:32 pm

Had meant to write many Omega 3 , etc are high in vitamin A ,, A and E (multi tocepherols or mixed ,only)
Combine to help fight depression in the brain . Amongst their other duties in the body. E as a added benefit
Also is what the body uses to clean the lungs. Good if you get Covid btw. Powdered E is the best form to use.
It is not required everyday as it is a type of fatty substance like Vitamin A and excess will store in your fat cells
Beware of toxicity levels of going overboard with these vitamins . The world of nootropics is fascinating .
But you need certain basics for others to be most effective . Acetylcholine is a building block for memory
Btw,, your welcome, it is kind of a special interest for me. :mrgreen:

where ever you go ,there you are