Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2024, 8:59 pm

What kind of junk foods do you like?

What kind of junk foods do you not like?

What kind of junk food are you addicted to?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 11:49 am

I've gotta put my first choice as a good old chippy tea

I'm not keen on Subway...well in fact I can't stand it

Not really addicted to junk food though

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2024, 12:49 pm

I like burgers from places like McDonald's, I like the occasional thing from Subway, I like KFC, I like Burger King.

There a few others I like too, but I don't want to go on.

I guess I am junk food junkie. :oops:

j_k
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

27 Mar 2024, 1:00 pm

I'll go for most salty things. If you put chex mix or gardettos in front of me, I'll eat it until it's gone. Spicy things too.

I cannot stand the texture of cheetos or cheese puffs.

Sugary stuff like candy, cakes, etc. I could really take or leave.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2024, 6:06 pm

Yeah I can take a KFC every now and then. I don't crave junk food me.

I can remember when it was the pandemic and MacDonalds was closed and everyone was going nuts for a big Mac meal. I can only assume they're complete addicts.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2024, 4:15 am

I'm addicted to chocolate flavored stuff despite how my gut will react to that.

And mainly salty or cheese flavored potato or corn derived crispy chips and crisps.
Again, my gut will react badly if I binge off it.

Though, my constant cravings with salty food might be justified with my possibly a lifetime of dealing with low blood pressure, some constant degree of anemia and something else since it's not limited to just junk food.

I could eat something healthy yet salty all the time. It's just better if it's crispy.
Except, for the most part, it's more expensive so far.

Anything else is coping mechanism.
Comfort. Staving boredom. Wanting to feel something. Stress relief. And costs me a lot.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

jamie0.0
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2024, 11:53 pm

i have a low tolerance for sweets, i cant even handle a full doughnut

my all time favorite junk food is takis, it's spicy and sour my favorite flavor combination

my favorite junk food chain is hungry jacks ( burger king in America) specifically their whopper burger and their onion rings

I'm not addicted to junk food but i do enjoy it. i go through periods where i indulge in junk food, but for the most part i like to eat clean

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2024, 5:32 pm

I'm quite partial to Sandies shortbread cookies with pecan and vanilla. I suppose they just about count as junk food. Most of the ingredients look harmless enough but they probably contain too much sugar and fat. I often eat 8 in a day, so that's half the daily value for fat and about the same for carbohydrate. And I don't suppose the sugar does my teeth much good.

I also eat a few Great Value multigrain crackers and Saltine crackers (unsalted tops variety). Not enough to do me much harm, but with the Sandies it all adds up.

Beyond those vices, no junk food at all. I prepare everything else myself from basic simple ingredients. Last time I looked, my daily nutrient, vitamin, mineral and fibre intake seemed healthy enough, but that was before I got addicted to the Sandies and crackers. I don't like most junk food so I have to search quite hard to find any that I do like. I don't know how people can eat and drink a lot of the crap that gets sold. Still, they say you like what you're used to.