2009-2010 NCAA Division One Basketball

Page 12 of 12 [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

27 May 2010, 9:46 am

ruennsheng wrote:
Well, without extra money, 96 may not happen at all.

No it will happen over time. They have discussed the issue more with the NIT selection committee and the NCAA has make big chances in thew tourney since it means 32 teams will get a bye from the first round of play. It is a every complicated matter and the expansion of the NCAA tourney field will be done. It just leaves the questions if they should keep the NIT and possible expanded it to 64 teams like the Women's NIT. It just leaves big questions about the future of the NCAA tourney. Plus major school and their coaches want to see the field of 96 to happened here.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 4:44 am

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... id=4996502

This practically sums up my views for any NCAA expansion, especially when NIT is doing ok.

JerryHatake
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 6:19 am

ruennsheng wrote:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commentary/news/story?id=4996502

This practically sums up my views for any NCAA expansion, especially when NIT is doing ok.

That was fun after all. However, did you know before the NCAA Tournament existed, the NIT was a very big deal to play in. It would be hard to eliminated such a old and grant tournament. Also that cartoon does not know that community and two year colleges don't fall under the NCAA. They are under a completely different intercollegiate sporting governing body called NJCAA. <Set up very similar as the NCAA with D-I, D-II and D-III schools.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NJCAA

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

29 May 2010, 7:13 am

I see.

By the way, I'm see whether John Wall does well. Will he be Joakin Noah or Blake Griffin?

bdubs
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

17 Oct 2010, 1:15 am

this is a sad day for boilermaker nation and Robbie Hummel. Hummel retorn his ACL :(. He is out for the season. There goes our national championship hopes. He has been through a lot, really a great basketball player on and off the court. I hope he redshirts makes a full recovery has an amazing senior year then gets drafted. I am excited for basketball to start. Jerry how does Mason look this year? Ruenn how about Michigan?

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

19 Oct 2010, 8:02 am

Don't think the Wolverines will do well. Michigan State or Purdue are much better. What can my team do with three ex-NBA players' sons? Rivals only rated the Wolverines' best recruit Evan Smotrycz 4 stars out of 5. And my team's tallest players are now off the team. Hmm, good luck to the rest of the Big Ten, esp. newbies Huskers in 2012 (though wolverines can still win some) and I also wish Mason all the best.