Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 12:10 am

So, honestly I don't understand something, I am overweight, but I think I have an active life? I mean, Most days but Saturdays I walk for a whole hour (30 minutes to go to college and 30 minutes to return). By some standards is this supposed to be enough activity or should I waste even more time in this?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 12:44 am

I'm no expert, but I'll throw in my two-cents anyway.

Have you tried to keep a diary of what you actually eat and when?
They say that the time of day is a big deal.

sgrannel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 1:33 am

Keep it up! If you can walk for 1/2 hour at a moderate pace you're healthy and you'll stay healthy if you maintain this activity, or so I've been told.

But a dog knows his boy can go wrong

Vexcalibur
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 3:53 pm

sgrannel wrote:
Keep it up! If you can walk for 1/2 hour at a moderate pace you're healthy and you'll stay healthy if you maintain this activity, or so I've been told.
It is not like it is hard or anything, I just do it because I don't want to use public transportation as it is awkard in this country... I don't even get tired from doing it.

Maybe I just eat too much.

monsterland
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 4:22 pm

Eating less deprives you from way more calories than you lose through even most rigorous exercise.

Eating less is astronomically more important than exercising more, but the combination of both is mandatory for real weight loss.

Stinkypuppy
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2010, 6:56 pm

monsterland wrote:
Eating less deprives you from way more calories than you lose through even most rigorous exercise.

Eating less is astronomically more important than exercising more, but the combination of both is mandatory for real weight loss.

It depends on how much the OP is currently eating, however. If the OP's body is in starvation mode (yes, despite being overweight), then eating more will bring the metabolism back up, and will allow more weight to come off.

ruennsheng
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jan 2010, 4:31 am

As long as you feel happy while exercising and that your legs do not feel the pain, while you do not feel bloated... It's then enough. Otherwise, just exercise more or see the doc (depending on your situation).