who else doesn't give a rip about tiger woods?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 9:08 am

this man is a professional athlete, not the pope. why are his mea culpa utterings treated as a news event? why should he even have to go through this manufactured public rehabilitation event? he was already "habilitated" just fine for a typical alpha male in our society. not that i am saying he is a prince of a fella- he is just another rich top dog with his pick of playmates to use and discard on a whim- but folk are paying too much attention to him and not enough attention to the "man behind the curtain" - he is being used as a red herring to get our collective media-obsessed minds off of things that actually matter to our well-being as a nation.

richie
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

20 Feb 2010, 10:10 am

And just who are "The Men Behind The Curtains"? Does any anyone care that one of those
men behind the curtain -Alexander Haig has just died?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/02/20/ ... tml?hpt=T1

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2010, 10:59 am

richie wrote:
And just who are "The Men Behind The Curtains"? Does any anyone care that one of those
men behind the curtain -Alexander Haig has just died?

let's see...
the folks manipulating the tea partiers behind the scenes
the curious case of the bushes and the clintons working together
the fed and wall street
the world bank
the illuminati
ugly rumors about the haiti earthquake
the goings-on at conference in davos, switzerland
the list goes on and on...

btw, i liked haig, he was an interesting guy, with the heart of a song and dance man and the brains of a shyster. he was a ham. so what if he jumped the gun and said "i am in control here!" he was only human.
when i was in the army, i knew GIs who had served under him. a very off-to-the-side anecdotal story about him, was some GIs were looking at a pic of him that somebody had posted on the company bulletin board, next to a protocol warning to the GIs about maintaining short military haircuts- with a circle drawn around his hair which was well-over his collar [a no-no in the american army] and the scribbled-in comment, "LOOK AT THAT HAIR!! !" and there was another circle drawn around his shoulder boards [4-star rank] with the caption, "look at that rank!"

tweety_fan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Feb 2010, 11:20 pm

I am sick of hearing about him.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

27 Feb 2010, 11:01 am

tweety_fan wrote:
I am sick of hearing about him.

a voice of reason.

WOLFOUT
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

04 Mar 2010, 9:05 pm

Ok, here's my take on this subject. Tiger is my favorite athlete and I could care less what he does in his personal life! That's his own business! I mean for all the children and teens that look up to him, it's not that great that they have to know that he's a player but I don't even think that any of his text messages should have been released in the first place. If you think about it, all these women could care less about his reputation and I think their main reason for releasing their texts and coming on interviews and such is all motivated by $$$. When he had his little speech, it was on EVERY SINGLE NEWS CHANNEL! It was like 9/11 over again.. that's just ridiculous. Leave Tiger alone!