Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 7:11 am

I go out twice a week and enjoy drinking beer socially on those occasions.

Unfourtantly I get very carried away with my drinking and always have more beer than intended.

My question is can I reverse the aging effects of alcohol if I cut down on my drinking?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 7:51 am

Yep.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2022, 8:25 am

kraftiekortie wrote:
Yep.

ok

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 9:50 am

No, you will continue to age, but at a less accelerated rate.

Face it, kid: You will never be as young as you once were.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 11:52 am

Fnord wrote:
No, you will continue to age, but at a less accelerated rate.

Face it, kid: You will never be as young as you once were.

Do you think drinking alcohol can accelerate your age by maybe 10 years or so?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 12:54 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No, you will continue to age, but at a less accelerated rate.  Face it, kid: You will never be as young as you once were.
It is not an additive function; it is multiplicative (it cannot be reversed, either).

Bob and Tom are each allotted 70 years of life.  This amount is the default for everyone.  Living an average lifestyle, each one can expect to live 70 calendar years.  Bob exercises regularly, neither smokes nor drinks, and consumes a low carb/high fiber, low fat/high protein diet.  Tom spends his days at a desk job or in front of the TV, he smokes, drinks, and consumes a high carb/ low fiber, high fat/low protein diet.

Bob's aging rate averages around 0.8 per year, while Tom's aging rate averages around 1.25 per year.

When both report to the disintegration chambers at the chronologic age of 70, Bob's physical age is 56 years, and Tom's is 87.5 years.  Bob is awarded another 14 years of life, while Tom's body falls apart before he can enter the disintegration booth.

I hope that makes sense to you, because I had to leave out the graphic descriptions of daily debauchery enjoyed by Bob for the remainder of his life.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
No, you will continue to age, but at a less accelerated rate.  Face it, kid: You will never be as young as you once were.
It is not an additive function; it is multiplicative (it cannot be reversed, either).

Bob and Tom are each allotted 70 years of life.  This amount is the default for everyone.  Living an average lifestyle, each one can expect to live 70 calendar years.  Bob exercises regularly, neither smokes nor drinks, and consumes a low carb/high fiber, low fat/high protein diet.  Tom spends his days at a desk job or in front of the TV, he smokes, drinks, and consumes a high carb/ low fiber, high fat/low protein diet.

Bob's aging rate averages around 0.8 per year, while Tom's aging rate averages around 1.25 per year.

When both report to the disintegration chambers at the chronologic age of 70, Bob's physical age is 56 years, and Tom's is 87.5 years.  Bob is awarded another 14 years of life, while Tom's body falls apart before he can enter the disintegration booth.

I hope that makes sense to you, because I had to leave out the graphic descriptions of daily debauchery enjoyed by Bob for the remainder of his life.

Do you think Tom smokes and drinks everyday?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:09 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Do you think you have done enough nit-picking in this thread?  Do you think you have entirely missed the point of what the story meant?  Does you really think anyone wants to get into a deep discussion of this with you?

Last edited by Fnord on 31 Jan 2022, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:16 pm

Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Do you think you have done enough nit-picking in this thread?  Do you think you have entirely missed the point of what the story meant?  Does you really think anyone wants to get into a deep discussion of this with you?

okay yeah your right maybe best not go into this to much

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:24 pm

Fnord wrote:
......because I had to leave out the graphic descriptions of daily debauchery enjoyed by Bob for the remainder of his life.

Graphic descriptions of daily debauchery later in life are maybe what the OP needs to hear to cut down on drinking :wink:

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:25 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
......because I had to leave out the graphic descriptions of daily debauchery enjoyed by Bob for the remainder of his life.

Graphic descriptions of daily debauchery later in life are maybe what the OP needs to hear to cut down on drinking :wink:

I drink once/twice a week socially

during weekdays I drink 6 pints of water

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:32 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:
. . . because I had to leave out the graphic descriptions of daily debauchery enjoyed by Bob for the remainder of his life.
I get paid for writing that crap.

Doberdoofus
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:32 pm

Jamesy wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Here are the NHS guidelines on drinking. If you don't drink more than 14 units a week they say you will be ok.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-su ... hol-units/

Don't be so eager to be offended. The narcissism of small differences leads to the most boring kind of conformity.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 1:48 pm

Doberdoofus wrote:
Jamesy wrote:
Doberdoofus wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Here are the NHS guidelines on drinking. If you don't drink more than 14 units a week they say you will be ok.

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/alcohol-su ... hol-units/

problem is on the weekend I have got in the habit of drinking more than 14 units a week

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 2:03 pm

I don't drink ONE unit a week. I'm 61 years old. People don't believe I'm 61.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2022, 2:06 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
I don't drink ONE unit a week. I'm 61 years old. People don't believe I'm 61.

Now I feel ashamed of myself the fact a lot of people never drink alcohol in there lives :(