Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

DarcVidosa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2011, 9:58 am

I just really can't find anything to like with sports. It does not matter what sport it is, I like nothing.
I either don't get them, or don't like them, or can't do them because I get exhausted to fast.

Does anyone here experience similar issues?

conan
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 12:54 pm

what about going on nice walks to see things, it is exercise but not for the sake of exercise

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 1:00 pm

I hate team sports, for sure. I absolutely cannot coordinate with other people. I like cycling though. It's not exhausting if you have the bike adjusted properly. I suffered before I understood this fact. xD

Pondering
Veteran
Veteran

10 May 2011, 1:02 pm

Can you really say you do not like any sport, no matter what? Have you tried them all? Not all sports are exhausting. if you are getting exhausted though, then you may need to work on your athleticism. But that will also make you exhausted, more so than many sports you might play. To play most physical sports and be successful at them, it's going to require some working on your body, changing it, or gearing it towards the sport you are participating in. Unless you're just playing B-ball in the street with some friends or something like that. This seems to be an issue with a lot of people though, by getting exhausted, and pushing themselves through the mental and physical barriers they have, it is somehow bad. I actually like it myself.

To answer your question, I don't have similar issues. There are a lot of sports though, but you may just not be a sport kind of guy, and there's nothing wrong with that. I don't care for most traditional sports, or team sports myself. I get them, but I'm not interested in them.

DarcVidosa
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 May 2011, 3:13 pm

Well, of course I can not say that I don't like any sport, but I can say that I did not like one of the sports that I have tried.
One sport that I like a little is tennis, but I stopped taking lessons because I switched teachers a lot, against my will, also, my skill didn't seem to improve over the years that I took lessons.
And it's also very hard for me to do exercises, because I don't even get how to do a push-up, Maybe I should say that I have hypermobility, that and the fact that I'm just motorically retarded.

But I must not wine to much, I'm open for suggestions. :)

Ow and, I don't like walking, I like biking more.

MarketAndChurch
Veteran
Veteran

11 May 2011, 3:03 am

I've always loved sports. I'm a huge college-football fan (pac-10), I enjoy watching any auto racing other then NASCAR, I love watching any of the sport competitions on the Olympics or Xgames, I love to personally play golf, rugby, and basketball, go snowboarding at Mt. Hood, or go off-roading. So i guess I both love spectating and taking part in it as well.

Xayah
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 May 2011, 1:46 pm

I used to feel that way, I hated walking to the shops. I have some neuromotor deficiencies like many people here and stuctural defects in my knees and back, so my limbs have very poor condition, PE was very painful at school!

I got into sports at uni to meet people and while I absolutely hated the physical side of things for awhile, I noticed that I got stronger when I trained and was able to improve and be useful in team sports - it's an amazing feeling, and now I'm somewhat of a fanatic

If you want to be active, then even walking to school/work in instead of driving can be helpful. Its all about the little goals, you know? Go out of you confort zone, but don't think you have to keep up with everyone else. If you don't like team sports, thats ok. Maybe cycling on a flat trail or a walk on a nice beach or forest would be nice

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2011, 3:51 pm

Well I dislike sports, but I don't think its an issue......I mean there is no rule that says I have to play or enjoy sports, so I just don't. If you like biking more then walking go for a bike ride I usually get my excercise by walking but yeah you don't have to participate in sports if you don't like them.

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 2:34 am

I find myself feeling quite ambivalent about most mainstream sports that you can watch on TV. Since football is a rather big thing here in Germany, you sometimes cannot avoid it to get involved, mainly when there is some kind of international tournament and folks get together to watch Germans play. I used to play handball for quite a bit, and at one time even considered becoming a professional, but had to drop out due to an injury. Even then, I did not care much about the sport itself, it was just fun to move around and play with the ball.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 5:12 am

what about chess? It is my kind of sport.

So I'm never in a rush

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 7:27 am

Aw, come on, if you bring chess into the game, you might as well go with online video games as a sport. Don't get me wrong, I used to be into chess and know that it can be more than exhausting, but something where you sit on your butt for hours and move little wooden pieces across a board isn't exactly what comes to my (and I think most people's) mind when they hear the term "sport".

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2011, 8:17 am

I do have the same issue. I do not like sports at all. I walk home every day (about 1 hour) and I do the twohundredsitups programme but even though I do kindasorta improve, I dislike it. It still annoys me to have to do that to lose weight (it is only a very little bit over not eating tasty food at all). Any idea what kind of sport is okay-ish when team sports are out anyways and many individual sports are either boring (gym), demand high initial investments (cycling), or physically unpleasant (cycling again, also walking, my legs HATE me by now)?

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!