Do you know what causes this too happen?

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 2:08 pm

As a child my eyes were dark brown and in general my eyes were a pure brown color up too the age of 18 where they started going more greeney brown. today at age 21 my eyes are still a green-brown color with a small amount off grey/blue only in my right iris. the lighter colors like grey, blue and green are esspecially noticible when i am outside or in sunlight when my pupils contract.

my mother has hazel eyes (green-brown) and my dad has blue eyes. my mother i THINK has always had lighter coloured hazel eyes even when she was a child cause i saw 1 old photo of her when she was like 6 or 8 years and her eyes did not really look brown. my mother is now 52 and her eyes can look brow indoors and a hazel green color outside in daylight.

do some people keep there brown eyes and other lose them? it seems too be the case with me. Funy cause brown eyes are very common and dominant over others colors like hazel, blue, grey and green but it seems the lighter coloured eye genes have overided my eye color genetics as i got older.

OddFiction
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 3:13 pm

Mine were brown as a kid
Around 17-18 someone called them hazel.
Now they're green with a lot of mud :P

By simply doing what they are designed to do something large and magnificient happens. In this sense they show us how to live; The only barometer you have is your heart. When you spot your flower, you can't let anything get in your way. - John Laroche

starryeyedvoyager
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

I had dark brown eyes as a kid and bright, really bright blond hair. Nowadays, my eyes have become noticably brighter (reddish hazel), and my hair, while still counting as blond, is very dark, like dull gold, really.

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 3:25 pm

odd ficton yeah when i was 17 or 18 someone called them hazel as well for the first time.

Do you think my eyes will eventually go green? Or do you think they will stay a hazel color like brown-green?

I don't think anyone in my family has pure green so maybe they will stay green/brown like my mothers eyes?