Stats:

5'4
139 lbs.
BB press: 80 lbs.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 8:51 am

Are you sure bodybuilding is sensible at 14? Your body is still developing. Training for fitness is OK, but hardcore hypertrophy?

hellsflame64
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Sep 2006, 12:55 pm

Yeah it's fine. I checked with a doctor and go a physical and all that good stuff. He said I was fine to do hardcore lifting as long as I minded my body's limits and progressed somewhat slowly. He also told me not to take protein supplements, because at this age they could make me fat. So I just eat a can of tuna or 2 about an hour after I workout.

^Check out my bands myspace page

Stats:

5'4
139 lbs.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2006, 5:46 pm

I used to eat loads of tuna + mackeral when i started BBing (i have an unrelated inury now), now i worry about about the mercury content so became more reliant on the powders and low-mercury white fish. ust thought id mention that because i think 1can or so a day might be over the FDA's recommended weekly limit. I think the powders are ok in moderation, but have a rep. for fat gain because a lot of people on them have a habit of consuming way more protein than necessary. The commonly stated guideline of 1g per lb bodyweight is probably way OTT and maybe even detrimental.

I use to do a HST schedule (upper/lower split - 15/10/5-no negs - 40mins 6days a week) i have a lot of equipment at home which made the 6day schedule easy (being unemployed helps too ;) ). Have you seen Bryan Haycocks site? Its the only BBing site i could recommend to anyone because everywhere else is regurgitating the old myths from the 70s. Some of the guys who post there are at the cutting edge of hypertrophy research & theory.

www.hypertrophy-specific.com

the only problem with HST is, if your not doing it already you WILL start growing faster, so the Dr might dissaprove.

hellsflame64
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

18 Sep 2006, 6:47 am

Yeah... I forgot about mercury. I remember reading about it the other day too.

Is chicken alright though?

^Check out my bands myspace page

Stats:

5'4
139 lbs.

psych
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2006, 9:04 am

well, i have moral issues with chicken ;)

I heard outside the EU farmers use a lot of hormones, which might not be so good for BBing - especially for a pubescent man. Its illegal to import any meat from the US into the EU for this very reason AFAIK.

The great thing about the powders is you can tailor the absorption properties - eg. whey absorbs extremely quickly and is gone in a few hours, whereas casien is slow. So you can use whey post workout for immediate effect and casien at night, so it lasts you through most of the time your asleep.

I dont know the absorption qualities of natural foods, although eggs + egg whites i think are medium speed, so they would be a good choice at bedtime - but they'll probably have burnt out a few hours before the morning, so a glass of milk or something as soon as you wake up will halt the catabolism.

Insupposable_Bear
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

19 Sep 2006, 3:00 pm

Been bodybuilding for a few months. I don't go to a gym, all my equipment is in the garage.

McJeff
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Sep 2006, 8:46 pm

I still have some weight to lose before I really begin bodybuilding. But I want to get into pro-wrestling and need to build up a good physique for that. I go to the gym and lift regularly.