Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

dreamatron
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

07 Oct 2011, 1:01 pm

Maybe I haven't gone back far enough, but I'm surprised to see nobody's been talking about the Major League Baseball Playoffs.

I grew up a Dodgers fan, and this season has been one of the more frustrating/depressing seasons in recent memory. I mean you would think that a team who has the front runner for the Cy Young Award (Clayton Kershaw), and one of the top MVP candidates, who narrowly missed a 40/40 season (Matt Kemp) would be a contender, but with all the off the field drama (Greedy/Idiotic Owner), and money constraints, they just couldn't get it together.

That being said, I've been living betweeen Southern California and Wisconsin for the past 5 years, and have grown to really like this Brewers team, and I'm rooting for them. Hopefully they can win tonight and advance, I know the people around here would go bananas.

Was glad to see the Tigers finish off the Yankees last night. Always like to see the Yankees lose. :)

Anybody else rooting for a particular team?

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

07 Oct 2011, 1:18 pm

Living in Arizona it has been a fun summer. Considering how bad the dbacks have been it has been fun seeing the have a good year. I am hoping of course that they beat the Brewers today. It will be difficult considering how good the Brewers are at home but if Ian Kennedy has a good game I think they can pull out the win.

dreamatron

07 Oct 2011, 1:51 pm

Ian Kennedy! wow what a great pitcher he has become. He reminds me of another one of my favorite pitchers, Mike Mussina. Unbelievable control and placement. I'm not looking forward to the crew facing him again tonight... but better him than collmenter. I don't know what it is about that guy that just forces good hitters to get rattled (Is his delivery THAT deceptive, it must be). I consider Ryan Braun to be one of the best all around hitters in baseball... really good at making adjustments, but even he was having trouble against collmenter.

I agree though, the key for the DBacks is Ian Kennedy tonight. He has to pitch late into the game though I think... And pray that Gallardo doesn't pitch like he did in game 1. Either way, I have a feeling it's gonna be a low scoring game tonight. Just a hunch. Good luck, but GO BREWERS!

RockDrummer616
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 3:10 pm

I like the Brewers this year too, they remind me a lot of my Giants who won last year. Not quite as good pitching, but much better hitters. And I can't stand the Phillies. There's a lot of Phillies fans in my dorm and I keep telling them they will lose the NLCS to the Brewers. :)

dreamatron

07 Oct 2011, 3:47 pm

Awesome! Me too, I dislike the Phillies. I have to say that I don't like anybodys chances against them if their unholy alliance (Halladay, Lee, Hamels, and Oswalt) stay healthy, but I think that the Brewers could do it if they can make them throw a lot of pitches and get to the bullpen early (Their obvious weakness). This is, of course, easier said than done, but possible, and the Brewers have a good enough pitching staff and bullpen to quiet the Phillies bats.

That being said, I hate your Giants (Being a Dodger fan, it's kinda mandatory) too, but I respect what they did last season.

It'll be interesting to see who ends up in the World Series this year. The Rangers offense is pretty intimidating, and having home field advantage against Detroit, I'm thinking they are the clear favorite in the AL.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 3:49 pm

Hahaha, I thought it was My Little Brony.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

07 Oct 2011, 4:42 pm

Simonono wrote:
Hahaha, I thought it was My Little Brony.

* facepalm * Anyways, I'm rooting for the Rangers to win it all. I doubt it will happen though, frankly I was surprised when the Rangers made it to the World Series last season.

dreamatron

07 Oct 2011, 8:40 pm

Woooo!! ! T Plush!! ! Unbelievable game. Go Crew!

dreamatron

07 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

Great night if you like good pitching... still can't believe the Phillies were eliminated. Chris Carpenter pitched a wonderful game. Cards v Brewers in NLCS, who woulda thought? Go Brewers!

dreamatron

07 Oct 2011, 10:47 pm

Did I mention how much I love Nyjer Morgan? What a fascinating dude.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

08 Oct 2011, 7:37 am

Great night of baseball. Disappointed in the result of the backs-brewers series but the brewers earned the wing. They played great baseball last night.

dreamatron

08 Oct 2011, 9:55 am

Dbacks played a hell of a game too man... They should be proud. I was nervous at the beginning because Kennedy was right on the money, but when they started to rattle his cage a bit the game and the momentum started swinging I knew the Brewers would pull it off. Still, I think AZ has definitely turned the corner and with the right additions, and the development of their young pitching they are gonna be a team to watch in the West in the years to come.

dreamatron

11 Oct 2011, 1:17 pm

Darn Pujols! That was a game to forget last night for sure. The Brewers pitching is gonna have to do a lot better than that.

In the other league it's looking like the Rangers offense and bullpen are gonna be tough for the Tigers to compete with. Still at some point you have to think Miguel Cabrera will get hot so maybe they can make a series out of it tonight with Fister on the mound.

dreamatron

13 Oct 2011, 1:04 pm

Looking a bit grim for the Brewers, but its still far from over. Some unfortunate blunders in the first inning cost them the game, and even though they had base runners they just couldn't get any clutch/timely hitting. Message to Randy Wolf: Throw strikes, limit damage, and somehow get around pujols... Represent for the San Fernando Valley dude.